PDA

View Full Version : Dispatch Minimums

boomersooner
10th Jul 2007, 05:15
I know that you can dispatch to an airport under exemption 3585 that has the main body of a TAF that is above minimums but the remarks section will be below minimums, however my question is if you can dispatch to an airport where the main body of the TAF is below minimums, but the remarks section says that the weather would be above minimums at your time of arrival.

DooblerChina
10th Jul 2007, 07:28
Without looking it up....

Under JAR rules bad wx at destination or even if no wx available, 2 alternates are needed.

Should think its similar under FAR

411A
10th Jul 2007, 14:29
Yep, generally the same under the FAA, with certain stipulations.
At remote locations, where island reserve fuel is required, a different situation applies....the forecast must be valid for acceptable destination wx.

TopBunk
10th Jul 2007, 15:25
Under JAR rules bad wx at destination or even if no wx available, 2 alternates are needed.

Frequently done it myself. Examples TIP (Tripoli) and LOS (Lagos) where the TAF's sometimes don't materialise. Last time was BOM (Mumbai) a week or two ago, where the TAF was for tempo H24 below limits with main runway closed at ETA, normal alternate DEL runway closures also and out of TWC on ILS on other runway and below NPA minima on other end so end up with MAA and MCT as 2 alternates - landed with 30 tonnes of fuel:)

acebaxter
11th Jul 2007, 16:42
As I remember under the FAA rules you have to believe from any combination of reports or forcasts that the wx will be at or above minimums (visibility) at the time of your arrival. Sometimes companies try to push this one. Just be sure in your own mind that if you get the invitation to court over it that you can put forward a darn good case of why you thought it would be above minimums.

I haven't flown in the States for about a year so I stand well ready to be corrected. I personally like the JAA view of the two alternate option, just chose wisely.