PDA

View Full Version : FIC in my own aircraft ?

Andy365
9th Jul 2007, 18:33
Is it posible to do an FIC in my own aircraft (C150) and if so are any instructors out there would be intrested in doing this?

porridge
9th Jul 2007, 19:26
Yes it is - yes I can. PM me if you are interested.
Porridge

Andy365
9th Jul 2007, 21:13
I have a share in this aircraft with a private cat C of A does this need a public transport C of A for myself to fly under instruction?

ifitaintboeing
10th Jul 2007, 08:48
Andy365,

This is probably the AIC you are after:

http://www.ais.org.uk/aes/pubs/aip/pdf/aic/4W133.PDF

AIC18/2007 (White 133).

The crucial bit at Annex B (for group owned aircraft):

3 For the purposes of this Exemption, flying training or checking excludes instruction in flying given for the purposes of becoming qualified for the grant of a pilot's license or the inclusion or variation of any rating in a license and any flying test required by or under the Order other than that for a certificate of test, experience or revalidation required by Article 28(2)(a) or 29(2)(a) of the Order in the
circumstances set out in paragraph 2(e)(ii) above.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

ifitaint...

BHenderson
10th Jul 2007, 22:35
Am I right in thinking that for a group owned aircraft, so long as the aircraft has a public CofA, training and tests may be conducted onboard for remuneration?

redwingUH
11th Jul 2007, 00:42
Hi Porridge.

I read your answer to andy365 about FIC.

I have a share in C150 based at Elstree and I'm interested in doing the course on a part time basis.
Could you let me know if you could do it and your conditions.
Thanks in advance

Whopity
11th Jul 2007, 15:37
The CAA will have to inspect and approve the aircraft before you do any approved training in it. They will need to see all the documents. Stds Doc 37.