PDA

View Full Version : Scandic Captain

Golliums
10th May 2001, 05:40
Can any 1 tell me what has happened to the Scandic Captain who left his stand, leaving passengers on the air bridge, so he would not miss his slot and why did he have to do
it........

BOEINGBOY1
10th May 2001, 13:14
me thinks that the pax were late !

beaconoutbound
10th May 2001, 16:20
Boeingboy

You're spot on. Buses and trains don't wait for late pax, so why the hell should aircraft?

DownIn3Green
10th May 2001, 16:46
Sometimes itīs more than missing a slot...

Last week we were leaving Spain for Paris and our taxi instructions were to report entering the main taxiway. Coming from the left (a fair ways away) was a French 737 also heading for Paris. We tried to pull in front but ATC told us to follow...and follow we did; at FL 260 and M.76, not a very economical position for a 727.

In this case the 5 min we delayed for the pax cost us an extra 6,000 lbs of fuel.

I say if the pax donīt have the courtesy to leave the bar/duty free to be on board 10 min before departure, they can take the next flight.

I have on many occasions initiated a bag search for the no show pax bags and even if they show up more often than not I leave them behind. Believe it or not, the rest of the pax who did show up on time really appreciate this...

Thrust-Bump
10th May 2001, 22:00
But did they offload the missing pax baggage ?? Me thinks not - prove me wrong !!