PDA

View Full Version : Flying In America

PML
26th Jun 2007, 17:30
Evening all, i am intersted in hiring a four seater from the florida area to do some touring for a week or so in September, any ideas?????????

gcolyer
26th Jun 2007, 18:21
The first idea is to make sure you have an FAA license or you wont be able to fly P1.

As for ideas on where to hire from I would recommend Epic at Symerna beach. They are a Cessna house witht he average 172 spamcan or fully loaded with G1000 172/182 RG's. Very good prices as well.

topdog1
26th Jun 2007, 20:48
Have a look at sunstate aviation Kissimmee,flew with them a few weeks ago,Nice A/C 172sp both standard and efis instruments.Good rates and friendly.

172driver
27th Jun 2007, 09:16
You can also check out Dean International (http://www.flymiami.com/) at Tamiami airport. They've got quite a varied fleet, anything from standard 172s spams through G1000 172s to twins. Did a BFR there not long ago, friendly outfit and planes looked good.

julian_storey
27th Jun 2007, 15:41
You will absolutely LOVE flying in the States!

No landing fees. No approach fees. Often no parking fees. Most airports open 24 hours (lights on a radio frequency). America really is the land of aviation opportunity.

The first respondent was absolutely right though - you MUST get your FAA licence sorted out to fly solo. This involves some paperwork, some money to our CAA (the FAA won't charge you!) and an appointment at the FSDO when you first arrive. It's absolutely no drama.

Why Florida? If you're open to persuasion - why not Arizona? You can do the Grand Canyon, the Hoover Dam, VEGAS! - plus loads of other stuff. Check out www.shebleaviation.com. They were renting out 172's (inc. fuel) a couple of months ago for $79 an hour. With the exchange rate as it is - that's about £40!

You'll not be able to do any flight training requiring a visa at Sheble's because they can't issue the visa paperwork - but they can do you a check out (no visa required for that) and will rent you a decent plane to go play in.

Any questions - PM me!