PDA

View Full Version : Sailplane Instructor expert ?!

mmrassi
25th Jun 2007, 17:29
Hi,
I'm searching for an expert sailplane instructor or anyone who has experiance in glider pilot training ?! If anyone one has , please leave a message for me .
I'm going to seek an advice with him/her about establishing a soaring base and need some information.

Regards

BroomstickPilot
26th Jun 2007, 06:54
Hi mmrassi,

Clearly, you need a person of some considerable stature in the gliding world to do the sort of thing you want.

May I suggest you approach the British Gliding Association. I'm sure they will be able to suggest someone for you.

Gliding in the Iranian climate sounds lovely.

Broomstick.

ProfChrisReed
26th Jun 2007, 20:51
Tell us more.

If you're looking at basic glider pilot training, probably a copy of the BGA Instructor manual might be enough. Moving to Iran (or anywhere) just to bash circuits doesn't sound very enticing, so I doubt you'd get much help from established instructors unless they have some other reason for wanting to be in Iran.

If you're looking at a starting a base to fly in the mountains, however, I think an advert on gliderpilot.net might find you more than one instructor who wants to spend some time doing this. With a good enough fleet (and subject to the political situation) I'd think there are quite a few tourist pilots who have "done" the Alps and are looking for a new challenge.

Two main problems occur to me:

1. Will the Iranian military let pilots fly where they want to? Glider pilots tend to be somewhat anti-authority.

2. No beer? This could be fatal to any tourist market.

mmrassi
27th Jun 2007, 15:12
I'm not looking for someone to come here and train our students , We have Glider IPs here . We are just trying to modify our training process
and looking for some oranizations or clubs to help us in training our IPs for aerobatic flights and adavance soaring flights and help us in supplying sailplanes , and their upgrade.
As we only have winch tow flights here so no one can really plan for a cross country flight and do it officialy . Most of the flights are local flights and in low altitude .
Regarding to your first question I should say that Civil flights and Military flights are separated here just like everywhere and so there is no any general restriction for
sport flights here . Military restrictions are only applied to their own airspace and hopefully there is no any problem from this matter affecting our glider airports & glider sectors.
Also there is no any serious attemp to found a tourist market .
Thanks for your help .

David Roberts
27th Jun 2007, 22:59
mmrassi - I recently retired as Chairman of the British Gliding Assocation and my glider syndicate partner travels regularly to Iran on business. Depending on where you are located, he may be able to help you and your club (no promises though as I have not spoken to him yet).

Please send me a personal email so we can discuss this off-line from this forum.