PDA

View Full Version : Stittles Farm, Staffordshire

d192049d
25th Jun 2007, 15:09
Hi,

I am a Tatenhill based PPL living in Fradley with about 140 hours total on a mix of 152, 172 & PA28 and was wondering whether any one at Stittles farm would be interrested in giving me a guideed tour and perhaps a jolly.

Checked out at Derby in the past so not unfamilar with short grass fields but totally unfamilar with farmstrip flying and would welcome the opportunity to expand my horizons.

No issues with the bacon butties etc...

Regards

M

muffin
25th Jun 2007, 16:43
Actually it is Sittles Farm. They have a website which you will find if you Google it. They are a very friendly lot so would be very happy to show you round. Why not just bowl up there by road one weekend and check the site out?

Fried_Chicken
25th Jun 2007, 18:00
Does the quarrying taking place near by create any problems? Every time I go past, the quarry appears to be getting closer & closer to the strip.

I guess there is a good relationstrip between the strip & Microlight school around 100m down the lane?

Fried Chicken

GOLF_BRAVO_ZULU
26th Jun 2007, 10:24
Sittles recently moved their runway to allow for the quarry growth. I believe one of their neighbours is now on their extended centreline.

During your visit, be careful not to pick up any bad habits.

we_never_change
30th Jun 2007, 15:29
There is a Pa28 which operates out of this strip.

Where's the runway been moved to? Is it still running roughly N-S to the West of the quarrying?

WNC

Fried_Chicken
21st Oct 2007, 22:06
I see Sittles have now introduced two new runways, namely 18/36 & 09/27 (PPR only)

I passed here a couple Months ago & noticed the grass in the field on the other side of the lane to Sittles Farm had been cut short, is this where the new runways are? If so, do aircraft have to taxi across the lane to gain access to the hangars?

Have the residents of Sittles Farm & the Micro School down the road at Roddige ever had discussions about operating from the same site?

Fried Chicken

GOLF_BRAVO_ZULU
22nd Oct 2007, 12:22
Operating from the same site? The Microlight School CFI is a very competent, experienced and professional aviator and a stickler for aerodrome and circuit discipline. I would suggest that collocation would never happen.