PDA

View Full Version : Air Canada Jumpseat

ERJFO
25th Jun 2007, 02:14
Curious if any Air Canada guys could answer a few questions for me? Do you guys take J/S'ers internationally? Also, do you guys accomodate them in First if there is room? Thanks.

Kokanee
25th Jun 2007, 17:27
Yes you're able to Jumpseat with us Internationally cabin only of course. You require an agreement with us.Call 1-800-413-1113 and follow the prompts listing for the jumpseat.I commute from the states and we have lots of agreements with American carriers.Who you with?If you need more info let me know.

ERJFO
25th Jun 2007, 23:43
Thanks, we have an agreement with you guys. I'm with ExpressJet (formerly COEX)... Will they put a J/S'er in first if there is room?

vrefplus5
26th Jun 2007, 01:09
Completely at the discretion of the counter/gate agents and obviously the Captain. Your jumpseat is only valid for space available in "Y".....if you're fortunate to get a "J" seat sometime from check-in, to closing the L1 door, then someone was going above and beyond to offer you a "professional curtesy"...good luck. Been J/S-ing with AC for almost 7 years now, and never had a hitch yet...

Kokanee
26th Jun 2007, 02:30
As Vref mentioned when you call, AC will list you in the back it's company policy even for employees.If there's room available in J most agents and the pilots will help you out with a big seat.When you list use the conformation # at our kiosks to get a boarding pass and proceed to the gate to see the Capt/Agent.Enjoy!

bcflyer
20th Jul 2007, 17:45
I wouldn't count on that big comfy seat up front. I'm not sure where the other posters work out of but I travel around alot on AC (I work for AC) and rarely get upgraded to J. Most agents may want to do it, but they have had the hammer come down from above with regards to putting non revs in J.

mutt
21st Jul 2007, 04:07
Just make sure that your employer gives equal rights to same sex couples. Otherwise AC wont carry you at all, in fact they wont even carry you if you are holding a perfectly legal code share airline ticket!

Mutt

bcflyer
21st Jul 2007, 23:12
Please expand on what you are talking about mutt. This thread is about jumpseat agreements not code share airline tickets. If you have a ticket, you have a seat. They certainly won't deny you boarding based on what your employer believes in. If you were talking about jumpseat agreements, and the airline you work for has a reciprical agreement with AC, and there is space on the plane, you get a seat. Its pretty simple. Maybe your airline doesn't have a jumpseat agreement with AC?

GreatCircle
31st Jul 2007, 13:59
BC is dead right. Non revs in "J" is frowned upon to put it mildly...I heard from a gate agent @ YYZ the other day en route to LHR, that none other S Knowles has been involved in ensuring all non-revs are accommodated up the back and any deviation will cause ruptions...Anyone else hear this ?

As for me, I am all in favour of reclining in front of the curtain...

In terms of jumpseaters, have an agreement, got space, come on in. Simple.