PDA

View Full Version : Just Say No To Etihad

WERNERTHEGREAT
22nd Jun 2007, 09:30
Just say No to Etihad for working on your OFF DAY!

Little or no efforts have been made to improve the quality of life through our pathetic head of planning. WHY?
Rosters for the month arrive within a couple of days before the start of the new month. Then OCC ask you to work on your allocated days off.
Its time to now say No when OCC calls you to tell you that you are now going to work on your OFF DAY. No Sir that is my Day Off , free from all dutys concerning work. We currentely have no control on any quality of life with the present system.
The Annual leave request this year again was a complete farse. Leave requests were only givin to people who were best friends to Mr N.B. regardless of seniority or past leave historty as stated in his memo.

Three and a Half years later with many things within the company being well below industry standard. This is not acceptable as we are working for the richest country in the world as stated in many news article lately.

Until management proceeds to pay for OVER TIME and EXTRA PAY for working on a days off, JUST SAY NO!!!:ugh:

triple click
22nd Jun 2007, 23:29
just switch off your mobile on day OFF.. few topics that came from the last pilot meeting: guys u r going to work harder during summer but we can t pay you overtime coz we ve already put the money in our pocket..

plus we managed to get 4000 days off this year... don t forget to say thank you!!! you could get less..it s 10 days/pilot

we can t plan anything therefore when something gets wrong we stop upgrade to fix it!!! and we hire non type rated DEC!!! make sense!! yes someone will tell me they managed to plan 2 in july... WOW!!!!

do you know many airlines you get less 8000 euros for 95h flying as a captain on longhaul flights?

Roster is always late and NB can t do anything about it coz he s useless (not the only one!!)

so ey if you want to see your fancy aircraft flying this summer you might implement overtime quickly or you will face sick pilots and mobile off coz WE ARE FED UP!! and new jobs with good package are coming!! :p

sec 3
23rd Jun 2007, 03:35
EY cancelled at least 2 flights yesterday due to lack of pilots. Overtime pay and a $1000US to work on your day off. Until that happens, DON'T WORK ON YOUR DAYS OFF:E

alghazal
23rd Jun 2007, 07:48
Let's implement our own pay scale .......

Any daytime short haul flight on a day OFF is 2500 AED
Any Night flight on a day OFF is 5000 AED
Any Long haul flight on a day OFF is 10000 AED.

Should avoid any call, isn't it !!!???

To me , it's starting now....
No answering on the phone, no threatening SMS reading and....

NO FLYING WHEN I'M TIRED, Dr S, here am I...................

stratocumulus
23rd Jun 2007, 21:10
when the new package came out we were told that after a few weeks the overtime issue will be resolved....well I dont see it happening the more some:8
among us fly out of their OFF the longer its going to take.
COME ON guys we can do it ....Just say NO when the OCC clowns call you..or switch ur little thingy OFF... realy simple:=

west of 30w
24th Jun 2007, 06:58
I agree totally,we should not have to work on days off, my only point is that not all of OCC are clowns. They are doing their job on the whole, which is to try and cover the mistakes that NB has made during his crew planning numbers. So give the front line OCC guys a break, I really dont think this is their problem, they are just left with it!!

Sir Osis of the river
24th Jun 2007, 08:01
30W,

I agree with you. Give the frontline staff a break.

Just be tactfull when you tell them "No, sorry, not available today.

Enjoy your day OFF:D

fractional
24th Jun 2007, 10:50
EY is (AED) restructuring...:p
http://www.arabianbusiness.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=495019:captain-fantastic&Itemid=76
This is the reason why all is happening. Keep discovering until you find better...:ugh:

neilb767
24th Jun 2007, 15:13
Copied from ArabianBusiness..

Etihad Airways: the fleet

26 aircraft

• 12 Airbus A330-200

• 4 Airbus A340-500

• 1 Airbus A340-300

• 3 Airbus A300-600s (freighter)

• 5 Boeing 777-300 ER

• 1 Boeing 767-300

8 more to arrive in 2007

• 4 Airbus A330-200 (June, July, August, October)

• 4 Airbus A340-600 (July, August, October, November)

12 more to arrive 2008-2011

• 4 Airbus A340-600s

• 5 Airbus A330 passenger aircraft

• 3 Airbus A330 freighters

• 4 To arrive in 2013

• 4 Airbus A380 super jumbos

Total: 50 aircraft

Etihad currently has 3848 members of staff including 198 captains and 198 first officers, a total of 396 pilots.

planecrazi
24th Jun 2007, 15:17
And still 4 pilots short per SLR flight, each day

alghazal
24th Jun 2007, 15:36
What does it show ???

Nothing but pilot shortage over and over with bad excuses from NB for late rostering,leave cancellation and no overtime.

What about just above 7000 euros for a wide body captain flying 100 hours a month and having 7 OFF days and no leave accepted in June,July, August, neither December.....

Not talking about loss of sleep, flight safety weekly involved , minimum rest 90% of the time, no rostering , no planning, phone harassment from crew scheduling on a daily basis,and mostly spending your flying time to fight against sleep and fatigue on your way to KRT, PEW, ISB or COK and TRV after a take off at 2 AM.........

Our health is at risk,physical and mental.

Feel free to come and join to make our life easier, Please come sothat we can survive and leave.

Opportunities are discussed every single flight among crew members, with planned date of resignation.

Jet, EZY, Kingfisher, Vueling, Click, Netjets , Cathay, Virgin you name them, even coming back to turboprop commuter is welcome ( no offense taken guys )

ANYTHING BUT WASTING YOUR LIFE FLYING 100 HOURS AT NIGHT FOR PEANUTS IN A SAND PIT, TREATED LIKE A SLAVE.

Eddie_699
26th Jun 2007, 07:59
I received a call last night from OCC asking me to work on my off day. My answer was NO.... I told the person who phoned me.. Its my off day and I will be enjoying my cold Beer... thats it.

We still dont have our rosters and you are asking me to work on my off day. Sorry Mate why don't you ask NB t do it..

Cheers

Sir Osis of the river
26th Jun 2007, 08:35
Rumour has it that ovetime is coming in July?

triple click
26th Jun 2007, 09:15
as u said mate.. RUMOUR!!!

they will face aircraft on ground... flights delayed or canceled in july/august...

by the way NB, we are ready to read your apologies for late roster again :oh:.... you might better call in sick for the next pilot meeting:cool:

virgin camel
26th Jun 2007, 19:26
Sounds like GF 5 years ago.
Whats it like being screwed twice?

mohdawang
26th Jun 2007, 20:54
Four times the pleasure, eight times the hangover!

alghazal
27th Jun 2007, 10:01
Roster is out......

5 night turn arounds flights in a row at maximum FDP....
7 days on , 2 days off, 7 days on, 1 day off etc.....

Back in the morning, leaving same night after minimum rest.

Sick, unfit, whatever it will take.............

Enough is enough.

Rambocrew
27th Jun 2007, 14:51
30W is right and thanks for your comment. I been in this company a couple of years and know some of the guys in OCC well and they are very nice and mostly very professional.

You are right in that they ave a job to do and with the shortage there are no resources to do it. They go to NB and say there is no crew and he says FIND SOME. They end up paying from both him and those of us who see fit to argue with them and if you ever meet one of duty youll see the relief on their face for being away from it all.

What's more, if you say NO, Im having a beer or leave your phone off then it makes their life easier I think.

Remember as well, it was staff in there that were the first many months ago to preict the current shortages and what do they ave to show for it?

It's NB mistakes (as always) but much of the responsibility now lies with JH and RH for letting it get this bad AND for continue to leave him in the position. On your heads be it EVPO and CEO - you know where the problems are and you were uch quicker to fix other less critica and frontline problems.

Overtime pay etc is not the answer to stable rosters. It might be short term fix but in the long run we all need better T&C's in order to recruit and retain staff.

Ferdinand
27th Jun 2007, 18:55
Since when did the reporting time in AUH change to 1:40 min prior departure?

And what is considered a stable roster? When 90% of your original roster is changed by people at OCC who never give you a valid explanation to why your flight is being changed.

etihadceo
29th Jun 2007, 08:11
Hi Guys, my first post,of many i hope.
Why is it that if Etihad dont want disruption to the rosters by people calling in tired is it they roster minimum rest after layover flight returns like LHR, they then give you minimum rest and then send you to KRT, one of the longest turn round flights. Would it not make scense to send you on a short flight after just 12 hours off; and its 12 hours off during the day!:ugh::sad:

sandblasted
29th Jun 2007, 11:35
RH wants our support, well he should have thought of that when he blatantly neglected the Captains in the last pay review and concentrated on enticing new F/O's. The overtime pay (if ever issued) should have been in place well ahead of this rostering shortage and not in the next few months when we wont need it!
At least he had the decency to admit the management team had f...ked up in his last notice but that doesnt help us in the short term, Lifestyle is my main concern and that isnt get any better, heres to OTP :E. GET RID OF NB and introduce a bidding system asap!:ok: PS SHOW ME THE MONEY!

Togalk
29th Jun 2007, 13:58
SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!!!

noflare
29th Jun 2007, 14:06
Major surgery is definately required in the crew planning dept....from the sounds of the letter it could well be on its way?
Im pleased that RH at least was man enough to admit the management had screwed up....hopefully they will impress us even more and put someone competant in place.:D

Then the big payrise and then the big villas (with pools) and then the first class pension fund and then I woke up!!:eek:

Count von Altibar
29th Jun 2007, 16:33
Sounds like there's a lot of work to be done at Etihad. Why don't they just employ the rostering system that Emirates used a few years back which seemed to work for them? Might have to spend some more dosh but then I hear that the Abu Dhabi government aren't short of that!

Bredrin
29th Jun 2007, 19:33
7000euro per month for a Capt. Remember in other countries the company would have to pay numerous other taxes etc to end up paying a net of 7000euro or a total gross of maybe 12000. Here they pay no taxes and and therefore the cost of OUR labour to the company is CHEAP!

fractional
30th Jun 2007, 11:50
Here they pay no taxes... and much more they don't have to pay. You go jobless and you'll have no one to look after you from the National Social Security. Is this a fair trade when other operators have much higher labour costs and still have to be competitive with airlines that are totally spoon-fed by huge ammounts of (free) money?

alghazal
30th Jun 2007, 15:54
Just got a message from EYPA.

Funny, useless though.........

planecrazi
30th Jun 2007, 15:56
Who is EYPA? Who is this?

Capt.Bee
30th Jun 2007, 15:57
Ejazz From United Arab Emirates, joined May 2002, 660 posts, RR: 17
Reply 13, posted Sat Jun 30 2007 12:11:19 your local time (10 hours 45 minutes 2 secs ago) and read 1983 times:

Quoting YOWza (Reply 3):
EY are actually in far deeper **** in terms of staff shortages.

Quoting PhilSquares (Reply 10):
EK/QR/EY all face significant problems in recruiting pilots.

I happen to be in the Etihad Flight Crew Recruitment Department and it appears you know more than I do or is your information just coming from Pprune

Ejazz From United Arab Emirates, joined May 2002, 660 posts, RR: 17
Reply 15, posted Sat Jun 30 2007 12:53:32 your local time (10 hours 2 minutes 49 secs ago) and read 1910 times:

Our turnover rate is currently 1.64 pilots per month not high by my standards.

Housing was certainly a very serious issue but that is old news and has been more or less resolved since Company provided accommodation came online June 2006 and the housing allowance was yet again increased.

I'd be interested to know which pilots you are talking to as I came here from Singapore Airlines not Cargo so not quite in your position. All of us from mainline SIA have had absolutely no regrets and all agree that we have seen a huge improvement in our working conditions, environment and lifestyle over what we were used to under those idiotic Generals.

We have no significant problems finding type rated pilots. We only need to look as far as Bahrain for Airbus pilots in large numbers especially since Gulf Air announced plans to downsize.

Any shortages as far as Etihad are concerned have been due to a lack of training facilities. Since the Airline is still so new everything is being built from scratch. Our 2 new simulators have been installed and approved in our new training centre so slowly but surely the number of pilots entering the system will increase relieving the current strain on rostering.

http://www.airliners.net/discussions/general_aviation/read.main/3485592/

Ejass happen to be in the Etihad Flight Crew Recruitment Department and is very happy man. Sort of cotradiction here. Just my two cents

fractional
30th Jun 2007, 16:49
Housing was certainly a very serious issue but that is old news and has been more or less resolved since Company provided accommodation came online June 2006 and the housing allowance was yet again increased.
Isn't still the case?:=
Shortages... there will be always pilots and other staff to fly. We'll move from place-to-place just like the Nomads, Gypsies and so on. It's true, this won't create any stability to both companies and us, but this is what we have. Bean-counters love the "figures" this way... they adore them.:ouch:

alghazal
30th Jun 2007, 16:51
Etihad Pilots Association apparently.

Didn't know that there was one :confused:

Another management trick............typical:ugh:

alghazal
2nd Jul 2007, 13:37
A new one you will love !!

Now, when your medical is due for renewal, you have to do it on an OFF day.
That's well known, we have so many :}

When will we have to pay AED 10000 to operate a flight. When do we start writing cheques to our so called managers ??

The next step will be simulator on your vacations, if you are lucky enough to get some .........

Thanks a lot, but your On Time Campaign just failed right now......

Sir Osis of the river
2nd Jul 2007, 22:04
No problem,

Seen as roster only comes out 3 days before start of month, (Thanks NB), too late to get an appointment for medical in one of my seven days off. I am sure they will schedule me for one once it expires!:D

alghazal
3rd Jul 2007, 08:31
Unfortunately, he is quite right .....

We are just on the edge. We are minutes away form a major incidents.

Exhausted flight deck crews, maximum rostering, minimum rests, maximum FDP turnaround nightflights , flight crews just coming out of home made transition courses not up to speed.

A few guys admitted sleeping both on final approach, or doing autoland because too tired.....

Maybe we should release all this to FAA, CAA, Australian CAA, LBA or DGAC, as GCAA doesn't seem to care.

Sal-e
3rd Jul 2007, 14:00
If any of you guys came from GF, the fact that quite a number of posts are on this thread may be an indicator that conditions weren't as advertised when you made the decision to leave GF. Could anyone share any advice/warnings to your fellow colleagues still at GF before they leave on the much touted exodus for EY?

west of 30w
3rd Jul 2007, 15:43
Isn't the biggest problem with this e-mail that the sender is trying, but failing to claim the moral high ground but its hard to do this with name calling and attempting to abandon an aircraft in Brussels, his second attempt at this in his 8 month with the company.
Whilst some compalints are true, this guy is an idiot, who is black listed from all aviation in in his home country of Belgium.
We are in the S*** but not enough to need this guy, other companies be warned he is now lose again!!!!

alghazal
3rd Jul 2007, 16:19
Maybe he lost it on this particular message, but despite an unusual personnality, what Etihad did to him is not particularly fair, as always.

Nevertheless, he is right on a few keypoints.

Our management or, doesn't care about anything but their own paycheck, or have no knowledge whatsoever of what management means.

We are running an extremely unsafe operation these days. Our safety lacks are hidden by destroying evidences , punitive policies and a non efficient , management linked flight safety department.

A few individuals are kept at key positions as fuses. They focus the whole overall anger and the GF masters of puppets can laugh together , and keep replenish their pockets, while another GF crash like is slowly in motion.....

Get your tissues ready

alghazal
3rd Jul 2007, 16:25
By the way, this email got removed from the company webmail......

How does it look ?? Between Poutine and Big brother behaviours ......

That also gives a good insight of how the company is run.

You can't trust anything, nor anybody, and have to watch your back at any single moment....nice life..... keep discovering the way we shine until you find something better!!!!

Sal-e
3rd Jul 2007, 21:00
Doesn't anyone want to answer my earlier question? Were you given the opportunity to move from GF to EY now, would you guys do it after knowing all the issues already discussed in this thread? GF guys wanting to move there are just dying to know these little but informed details that can make or break their final decisions.

brassplate
4th Jul 2007, 05:20
c'mon boys, tell him he's wrong lest i scratch ey from my options when i leave gf.

saddlebrooks
4th Jul 2007, 05:57
Just look at the facts:

GF operations ran very poorly treating you lot badly
All GF "management" now at EY
EY being run very poorly since GF "management" arrival

Coincidence?

RH will soon run out of excuses and will eventually have to admit what we all know, that he was never capable of doing the job from the beginning, especially with partners like GN and SR.

brassplate
4th Jul 2007, 06:20
what does one gain then from leaving gf for ey?? is money a good enough reason?

ironbutt57
4th Jul 2007, 07:08
That's the question of the year!!! Unfortunately I'm not convinced you will get a well-rounded assessment of ANY airline on this forum, or the entire website for that matter...

alghazal
4th Jul 2007, 08:42
If you wanna be treated exactly like in GF, please feel free to come and make our rosters lighter, and our lives less miserable coz nobody except ex GF guys wanna come .

KAL or Asiana seem to be much more attractive to bus drivers.... even other like SilkAir with 3 years to widebody SIA, or Vueling new contract seem to attract more guys,and you live in a decent not Thirdworldlike country.

These so called management guys have no clue at all. IQ of an oyster

GTR-34
4th Jul 2007, 12:17
I guess the only thing better than GF is the $$...otherwise it should be more or less the same :).....running from 1 circus to the other. "Oyster" i like it..AlGhazal :}

alghazal
5th Jul 2007, 10:14
Captain (Airbus 319/320/A321/A330/A340)

$13,738 / month plus benefits and allowances

Requirements:
Total minimum hours 6000 (airline time) with at least 2000 hours of jet command.
Valid ICAO license.
Below 57 years of age for type rated applicants.
Permanent positionsSalary $13,738/month Transportation$ 412/month Utility Bills$ 192/month Furniture (One off payment when joining) $ 13,737 Schooling(Annual total for up to 3 children till the age of 21 years) $ 13,737/year Flying allowance$ 33/hour Down route allowance Dependent on destination and paid on a daily basis Medical Insurance:for pilot and family (excludes dental). Staff travel: Full staff travel privileges on all networks for employee and family. Leave ticket:100% free , once a year for employee and family I.e. spouse and children (maximum of three children up to the age of 18 years). First class for Captains and business class for First Officers. On client airline's network. Leave entitlement: 45 days per year on full pay. Medical insurance:Full cover for employee and family in accordance with the rules of the insurer (excludes dental and optical). Monthly hours: 60-80 block hours on average with sector length varying between 45 minutes and 5 hrs 40 minutes (typical A320 rosters). Down route accommodation: 5 star hotel accommodation.

My application has just been sent !!!!!!!!!!! Yeepeekaye!!!

EY, EK, GF and QR, prepare for exodus..............

outofsynch
5th Jul 2007, 12:05
So......... who is it then?

And I hope its US$ your'e quoting!

fractional
5th Jul 2007, 15:46
alghazal, Captain (Airbus 319/320/A321/A330/A340) It sounds like another Gulf airline or a bluff from the look of the package details.
Things will get better for teh Flight Deck Crew. Just look at this ad: http://www.flightglobal.com/jobs/2007/06/19/21000584/manager-flight-deck-planning.html . He/she will report to the Head of OCC and Planning. And I would add this bit: The Manager Flight Deck Planning is responsible to the Head of OCC & Planning for the production of rosters 10 to 14 days prior to implementation for circa 500 Flight Deck Crew on a monthly basis... I guess, this new person will make things work, hopefully.

Hassan Bok
6th Jul 2007, 04:32
Guys; just hang on. Things will definitely get better; for goodness sake EY is only 3 years old and they are still finding their footing in this losing business. They have deep pockets though and once the 380s and 787s start coming in, they will have a crewing problem which they can only solve with much, much better T&Cs. Positive thinking, guys!

alghazal
6th Jul 2007, 11:43
As Richard Branson advertised :

Quote :

" Keep discovering ...... until you find something better "

Let's start !!:D