PDA

View Full Version : Hong Kong Airlines orders 50 Airbuses

geh065
21st Jun 2007, 11:40
Seems Hong Kong Airlines have announced a Memorandum of Understanding (Not a firm order yet) for 30 A320s and 20 A330s!!

Seems we have some major competition on the horizon!

Fly747
21st Jun 2007, 13:28
They have an ad in this week's Flight mag for pilots.
Competition can only be good for us all because it also means competition for our services.

Agent Mulder
21st Jun 2007, 13:57
what about the 787's and 30 737's they have ordered?They had better tell Boeing soon. They could end up being bigger than Dragon.......thats if theres anything left of Dragon in a few years.....
I am heading to Neptunes to speak to the girls......they always know whats going on at HK airlines....

cxa340so
21st Jun 2007, 15:09
That’s good news for the crews that want another endorsement and quick commands.:ok:

One small thing though..... How are they going to get the 250 +pilots needed to crew those aircraft when they pay the F/O's ONLY 42,000 :eek: and the Captains 60 something:*; WITH NO HOUSING or any extras at all?:confused:

They are dreaming. Wake up management, or you will be parking those shiny new Boeings and Airbuses up against the fence. It’s a pilots market. Pay market rate or they walk. It is that simple.:ugh:

C-152Captain
21st Jun 2007, 17:26
If it's a pilots market, then why are there so many of you still stuck at Cathay Pacific?

After all, this is a stepping stone job, isn't it?

geh065
22nd Jun 2007, 03:36
The 787 was never an order...just a Letter of Intent which it seems they have not firmed up on. I think they ordered 20 737s. Not sure if that was also a LOI but between them and Hong Kong Express there are 9 of them in service already

Traffic
22nd Jun 2007, 08:00
As we all know ordering aircraft in China is done on a bid/allocation basis by the central aviation authority.

This is a Hainan Airlines order in disguise.

idg
22nd Jun 2007, 08:03
Don't think there will be enough slots in CLK to go round soon! CX must be worried with all the 777s on order.

How long before the 3rd runway is finalised?

Freehills
22nd Jun 2007, 08:21
Agree with Traffic, this looks like Hainan Airlines trying to circumvent the CAAC process. Likely most of these aircraft will be leased to the mainland branches of the Hainan empire.

cxa340so
1st Nov 2009, 07:50
Any Airbuses arrived yet?

If the bond on the 737 is $50,000 USD fixed for 5 years I hate to think what the A330 bond is. oopps I forgot it is not a "bond" it is a "training grant":eek:

:}:}:}:}:}:}:}:}:}:}:}:}:}

Capt Vertigo
1st Nov 2009, 08:26
Well, just get on it, get the rating, experience and move on.. especially if oneselves do not have jet or an aircraft to fly :ok:

All the best!
Happy landings!

hongkongpilot
1st Nov 2009, 13:12
One small thing though..... How are they going to get the 250 +pilots needed to crew those aircraft when they pay the F/O's ONLY 42,000 http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/eek.gif and the Captains 60 somethinghttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/bah.gif; WITH NO HOUSING or any extras at all?http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/confused.gif

They can offer CX Airbus S/O quick command slots.:ok:

timezone
1st Nov 2009, 23:59
And make the HKA/HKE passenger experience even more exciting !

hongkongfooey
2nd Nov 2009, 00:21
Would CX S/Os be happy to take the pay cut and job insecurity ??
( a 3rd year CX S/Os housing is about the same as HKA captains pay )

mass debator
2nd Nov 2009, 04:27
So which corrupt authority is going to give the snakes their bus ratings?

They barely can fly a 737.

S'pose all the money they saved by not paying their pilots properly can be well spent on remedial training for all the singa snakes.

bmwm5
2nd Nov 2009, 07:43
any truth to this news anyone??????

geh065
2nd Nov 2009, 12:52
First A330 is due next year before summer although whether it appears in HKA, HKE or Hainan colours is yet to be seen!

mass debator
2nd Nov 2009, 23:23
As opposed to the initial proposed date of March 2008?

Heard this all before......whatever crap you've been feed, take it with a tiny tiny grain of salt. Remember your talking about the masters of lies.

Come back to us when you have something a bit closer to the truth.

bila
3rd Nov 2009, 00:32
May be true this time... but..again, jaga-jaga sedikit geng! :suspect:

hka-king
3rd Nov 2009, 12:54
Of course they're in Hainan colour. Come to join us, Hong Kong Airlines (the Airline in HK)!:ok:

bmwm5
4th Nov 2009, 01:12
mesti kena jaga jaga ni....bahaya!!!!!

intelligentpilot
16th Nov 2009, 09:36
A330's delayed until July/August 2010. :}

What a suprise! This highly skilled and experienced management team has always been acurate with their predictions.:rolleyes:

crwjerk
16th Nov 2009, 10:51
Seems " The Demise of Hong Kong Airlines" was a waste of 2 years posts!! Still going strong........ They'll get cheap labour because unfortunately that's the way our industry is going and people will work for peanuts.

hongkongfooey
17th Nov 2009, 04:03
Well, monkeys will work for peanuts :hmm:

AAIGUY
17th Nov 2009, 14:18
@CRWJERK.

Really? you mean going from a fleet of 10-11 B738's two years ago.. to a grand total of 2 today isn't a demise?

The entire western pilot cadre leaving, and safety standards at the same time?

Saw some Singaswine in court today defending another suit against them.
I actually called them a pack of ***** as we walked out to their faces. I've never seen such blatant lying and ignorance from an individual on the stand.

The airline has demised. Someone just has to tell them.

captain.diperkosa
18th Nov 2009, 02:41
Maybe not a complete and total demise but certainly a Demise. A demise caused 100% not by the economy and market forces but by the Singaporian management.

A demise in job security.
A demise in safety.
A demise in management Integrity.
A demise in Hong Kong Labour law protection.
A demise in honesty while on the stand in court. I believe thats called perjery and is a criminal offence.
noun pl. perjuries (http://www.yourdictionary.com/perjuries) -·ries

the willful telling of a lie while under lawful oath or affirmation to tell the truth in a matter material to the point of inquiry
the breaking of any oath or formal promiseA demise in fleet size.
A demise in CAD respect.
A demise in public trust.
A demise in staff job satisfaction.

I could go on here for another page. Get the point?

They'll get cheap labour because unfortunately that's the way our industry is going and people will work for peanuts.
Interesting thing is that even pilots in my part of the world are not willing to go there as the HKA name is in the gutter. Even underpaid Asian pilots would rather earn less and get a little respect and job security. Perhaps a roadshow in Nigeria or Eastern Europe is next? Maybe word has not got that far. As the A330 will soon be going to Moscow, russian speaking an advantage :}

bila
20th Nov 2009, 13:32
Very well put Captain! :D
Could not have said any better. Thanks to RJ and Singas. :}

cxa340so
17th Nov 2010, 10:59
Sorry to blow my own horn, but I predicted 3 years and 6 months before HKA got thier first airbus that they would be parked against the fence due to lack of crews. :ok:

Perhaps I could get a job in upper management and save the company millions with my excellent predictions. One problem though; I would take a pay cut from being a second officer if I became a Hong Kong Airlines director. :E

Perhaps HKA should have listened to my advice. Pay the $$ or park the shiny new jets:}:}:}:}:}:}:}

That’s good news for the crews that want another endorsement and quick commands.:ok:

One small thing though..... How are they going to get the 250 +pilots needed to crew those aircraft when they pay the F/O's ONLY 42,000 http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/eek.gif and the Captains 60 somethinghttp://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/bah.gif; WITH NO HOUSING or any extras at all?http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/src:www.pprune.org/get/images/smilies/confused.gif

They are dreaming. Wake up management, or you will be parking those shiny new Boeings and Airbuses up against the fence. It’s a pilots market. Pay market rate or they walk. It is that simple.:ugh: