PDA

View Full Version : First students

Spunk
20th Jun 2007, 21:04
My very first students just finished and passed their ppl(h) checkrides. Nr.1 straight at 45 hours (a natural), Nr. 2 at 47 hours. Ain't it great to see them all happy and enthusiastic :) Time to get rid of my restricted privileges :}

FlyingForFun
21st Jun 2007, 19:45
Congrats, Spunk. Nice feeling, isn't it!

The first time someone that I'd trained from the beginning passed his skills test, I didn't even realise. It was only a couple of weeks later that he took his first pax - and the pax said to me that he hoped I'd trained him well - that I thought to look back through the student's record, and realised that I'd taken him from his second lesson through to his skills test!

FFF
----------------

crap pilot
21st Jun 2007, 20:43
Spunk. Nice feeling, isn't it! Yes, its fantastic :ok::E:E:E

G-BOY
21st Jun 2007, 21:36
I've been seriously considering to learn - once I've got a good enough job after uni, I'm going to do it. I've been wanting to learn since I was 17 - a large number of people I know have taken up gliding - infact, Cov Uni...or somebody in association with us has a gliding club - If I took that up before powered flight, what advantage would I have (if any) before learning the basics?

portsharbourflyer
21st Jun 2007, 22:26
Having taught one glider pilots powered flying from his first trial lesson and flown with one other former glider pilot on the navigation stage of his ppl training then I would say gliding is an exellent foundation for powered flying. The glider pilot I taught was landing the aircraft the first session in the circuit, it was only UK weather that delayed his first solo. The other had nearly completed the whole course in 25 hours. It is a shame that the JAA system phased out the silver c conversions that allowed glider pilots to obtain a ppl with only 20 hours of training.