PDA

View Full Version : Gulf Air Massalama List.

Pages : [1] 2

CI100
19th Jun 2007, 22:27
Okay guys:

Add your name (so called your name) to the list if you are Leaving. I hope the site has enough storage to collect all the names:

I start with mine:

CI100 _ A320.................... I will "keep discovering" :ok:

Al Fakhem Snr.
19th Jun 2007, 22:59
Al Fakhem Snr.

A-320 Capt

Undisclosed new outfit in the Gulf

Fay Jinah
19th Jun 2007, 23:04
Fay Jinah

A-320 F/O

Kingfisher...

Cheers

commander38t
20th Jun 2007, 01:52
Capt A320

Anywhere they have some respect for the pilots, where a clerck in HR doesn`t have the right to shout at you, where the ground staff can`t ignore you, where the managemnt dont tell you when try to tell them you have aproblem "if you don`t like it leave", where the rostering guys can`t play with you the way they want and when you ask for an explanation, they answer "you send me an email and then I will reply to you or if you don`t like go to the management" :E

2lowgear
20th Jun 2007, 06:10
"Sad to Say, I'm on my way"
"Won't be back for many a day"
"My heart is down, my head is spinning around ,........................"

B767......F/O, somewhere not too far.

Soft Altitude
20th Jun 2007, 06:23
Destination Unknown,

But definitely gone by the end of the year !

Soft Altitude Out :cool:

Left Coaster
20th Jun 2007, 06:23
Long gone...saw this looming 2 years ago...best to all :{
Lefty

MikeHunt
20th Jun 2007, 06:33
767 going at the end of the month 777 EK

Dixons Cider
20th Jun 2007, 07:52
Where'd he gooooooo....

brassplate
20th Jun 2007, 08:33
brassplate
off to land of the rising sun
arigato gozaima****a
sayonara

boeingcrap
20th Jun 2007, 08:58
FO B767 - going next door NOW; better pay, aeroplanes and all. Ma'asalama!:D

gulfair_sexy
20th Jun 2007, 09:21
Leaving soon, with a big surprise....wait for it. The time of disclose the facts.....I will be in the biggest jet available in market soon.......GF you start loosing your hard worker boys soon.....do revise your package, other wise look for bus drivers to fly your rubbish aircraft.....tk cr every one..and best of like...I.B where are you?:ok:

JetWSH
20th Jun 2007, 09:23
F/O 320

Less than two years with the company. Came here to build a career and stay with the company indefinately. Now I feel it's become an absolute joke. :ouch:

Outa here within the next 6-12 months.

Heleheleyani
20th Jun 2007, 13:55
A330-340 FO

sending applications, back to anywhere in Europe, except Switzerland :)

Good luck everyone

what_goes_up
20th Jun 2007, 14:57
:):):) Switzerland is not so bad anymore. The worst managers are in the Gulf area now :):)

Tachi
20th Jun 2007, 15:13
Bye Guys .Its been wonderful working with you. But "A man has to do what a man has to Do" Masalama.Inshallah we see you somewhere.

Desert_Storm
20th Jun 2007, 17:17
I'm on my leave now, but as soon as I go back to the sandpit, I´m sending my resignation. Too bad Gulf Air turned into the worst airline in the middle east. Masalama habibis and see you in Etihad inshalla.
Desert_Storm B-767:E

jbsig
20th Jun 2007, 21:49
Big Bus FO

2 interviews in Europe coming up plus 1 on the other side of the Gulf

Not even gonna bother with 3 months notice, but will pay the bond, woehahahaha.
In your dreams BN

4HolerPoler
21st Jun 2007, 17:48
I can't leave this forum for six hours nowadays without a bunch of cretins running amok. So, here is today's sin-bin honors roll:

:ouch: gulfair_sexy - three months

:suspect: Pis-pot - permanent ban for crude homosexual banter

:eek: NO FD NO SRS - three months

Any more takers?

4HP

MikeHunt
21st Jun 2007, 22:01
Just when I was starting to enjoy this one....

Oh well, Bye bye pispot, gulf air sexy and no fds no crs, see you in another world!:ouch:

brassplate
22nd Jun 2007, 01:36
I think you belong on that list mh....along with your mate joe monsoon.

LDG NO BLUE
22nd Jun 2007, 09:01
"Exciting times ahead" :yuk:

LNB

Desert Diner
22nd Jun 2007, 11:49
Pity that the thread took the usual turn.

It started off well. I was quite suprised the number of masalamas from the 320's. Then again, most of us from the area can guess why.

chrispatrickGA
22nd Jun 2007, 17:43
A340 330 F/0 out of GF on AUgust already resigned!

SCATANA
24th Jun 2007, 15:50
Just came back from the Second road show. All I have to say is " Massalama Gulf Air".

It was similar to last week, no changes at all. About 40-60 pilots showed up.

I feel kinda sorry for AD, BN and GF generally. They just can't afford to keep pilots from leaving. GF just doesn't have money to keep them.

Good luck trying to make a profit, YOU WON'T.

Thanx for the good memories, I'll miss all the good people.

Tachi
24th Jun 2007, 16:13
Scatana Please tell us more u mean he offered nothing more. more info needed please was not there

Spirit
24th Jun 2007, 17:40
Nope, man, same old same old:{.

One guy actually asked about what their break-even figure regarding pilots resigning vs training new guys was...but presented with this, they looked as if just having been introduced to the fact, that the moon was made of green cheese:D.

SCATANA
24th Jun 2007, 17:45
Yeah that cracked me up :E

LOC STAR
25th Jun 2007, 13:32
The one thing that I conclude from that road show was take it or leave it
Do you all agree…..?:confused:

Stratosphere6000
25th Jun 2007, 13:39
Yup...agreed

CI100
25th Jun 2007, 14:15
The guys at the office were saying that there are talks of going down to 19 planes by the end of 2009.

GF= Gone Air

Joe Monsoon
26th Jun 2007, 07:06
brass plate
so which list might that be Mr. i know it all:E

MikeHunt
26th Jun 2007, 10:53
Brassplate,

If everyone was in your line of thinking, then this forum should cease to exist!

I am glad to say howwever that you have managed to contradict yourself several times in the entries that you have posted and therefore lost any credibility to the eyes of the professional public reading this forum.

Please continue to post with you opinions, they are enlightening and very much tell us what some of the understandibly less superior being flying airplanes these days are thinking.

How you ever made it into this industry and what your CRM abilities are is something we can open in another forum and when we will have time to deal with it past this crisis.

brassplate
26th Jun 2007, 19:10
MH,
understandably (corrected spelling for such a superior being as yourself), you may think of contradictions on my part from my previous posts. So now, let me tell you about CRM.
Firstly, I've made comments based on the situation at the time. Would you call it bad CRM when comments and decisions were made based on the information available at the time?
Secondly, when I've made those so called 'contradictions', is it bad CRM to changed decisions when the circumstances warranted it?
Thirdly, I certainly hope you're not a CRM instructor since you've made quite a flawed judgement of me based on my posts on this forum, most of which are designed to extract unofficial but possibly useful information/reactions.
Meanwhile, please work on your grammar/spelling/and the rest of it lest you really do embarrass the flying fraternity.

MikeHunt
26th Jun 2007, 20:06
Shifting allegiance but still the same anymosity, how wonderful!

brassplate
28th Jun 2007, 08:59
Ultimately, one's allegiance should be for themselves. (It's animosity. Please get a dictionary man.) And that is evident by the enormous migration of GF pilots to the east. I'm sure even you would take it up the @$$ for a price.

MikeHunt
28th Jun 2007, 12:38
Done, long before you knew it!

cheers!

MH

brassplate
28th Jun 2007, 13:07
Goodluck, cheers.

JABAL
30th Jun 2007, 08:27
AND Probably 80% of you joined GF with "250 HOURS" AND A RJ Rating and now leaving with 2000 Hours and a A320/330 rating under your belt to a better outfit and start moaning again:ugh:

ironbutt57
30th Jun 2007, 08:34
The same mob will be at their new jobs bitching and moaning within 6 months

Mach084
30th Jun 2007, 09:26
Ironbutt57 I see you're back to your old bubbly self again.

If someone seems to disagree with your take on the company you pronounce him a "moaner". Feel free to express your opinion anytime but keep critisism of others to yourself "bud". People have every right to complain and if you don't like it jump on your "hog" and NAFF OFF

DesertHawk
30th Jun 2007, 13:56
IB and Jabal just wondering if one is allowed to voice concerns and complaints about a compnay which has not fulfilled it's contract if that person is not 40 years plus with a gazillion hours on many aircraft??

I understand some people are just complainers and will always be but, you must admit GF has taken things to a new level and to be honest I must agree with most of these "complainers". GF has really muddled things up. To go over all the problems here would be a waste but the mere fact that the company chooses to disobey the contract they expect me to obey shows you how things are done around here. Not saying it would be any different anywhere else. I usually agree with most of your views IB but, you seem to be taking your frustrations out on others. And by the way Jabal at what level of experience did you start flying? My understanding we all start at about 200hrs at some point. And the only guy swith that time at Gf are the Local SO!!!!!

In saying all of this, I think GF is not a bad place jus have to accept that they do things there way and in the end you either take it or leave it. Just dont get mad at the guys who want to leave they have their reasons and RIGHT!

ironbutt57
30th Jun 2007, 20:19
It has nothing to do with whether they agree with me or not I dont really care,I just listen to it over and over again, if people want to make valid observations or criticism's they are more than welcome I sure have my own, I dont necessarily like many things unfolding here at GF...but bitching and moaning won't solve it for sure.. as I said the bitchers and moaners never change their tune...I( seem to remember couple short years ago many of you with your tails between their legs, whining and pee-peeing on yourselves over the chance to work here...so it's not your thing after all??? If you choose to leave then hope you have the opportunity to join the outfit of your choosing and leave, if I were in the situation familywise as some of you, I might do just the same...but hanging around and bad-mouthing the place is not such a bright thing to do is it??? Thank them for the opportunity and move on as you please.. there is no ideal airline job out there to be had...certainly not in this region...all are a compromise of sorts...and if you read my post I did not attack anybody did I??.. all I said was the bitchers and moaners will do the same no matter where they are, so if the shoe fits, wear it.....I'll stand corrected if I'm wrong....and I'm not enrolled in any popularity contest, so if you dont like my posts, guess it's your problem....chew on that...:ok:

Sal-e
30th Jun 2007, 22:58
Hear hear IB. C'mon guys, just coz you're not happy, why don't you just make your move? Either to management or to your favourite other airline? I've gotten my payrise. It was a little less than expected but I welcome it. I'll give this place a couple of years then I'll reassess the situation. The only thing that will cause me to leave is if/when the aircrafts become unsafe to fly. I must say that point is getting closer if engineering continues with their current culture of financial pressure ahead of accountability.

Al Fakhem Snr.
1st Jul 2007, 01:00
The only thing that will cause me to leave is if/when the aircrafts become unsafe to fly

Don't fool yourself boys, we are already there...Can you not see it?

Engineering don't give a rat's arse when it comes to safety, their prime concern now is to keep their jobs. Attrition will be the undoing of this airline.:zzz:

ironbutt57
1st Jul 2007, 06:31
I do agree that the attrition rate is going to negatively affect GF in the immediate future...particularly in the cabin service arena. After all....who is it who makes the passengers forget the headaches of delays, long checkin lines etc...etc...when the premium pax steps onto the plane, experienced, trained cabin crew make all of that go away in short order, however with a large amount of that experience leaving, and the trainers that go with it, we will suffer...we can replace numbers, but not experience or ability...

Fay Jinah
1st Jul 2007, 13:20
Beyond that Gf has gone into rejected company mode!

Forgiveness that was sought in rebuilding the airline a few years ago has just gone out the window.

It will take a miracle to bring it back to market acceptance.

AD has shot himself and the board in the foot!

Probably why he could not get a job anywhere else but here!:sad:

brassplate
1st Jul 2007, 21:33
IB, is GF short of flight attendants and pilots yet or forecasted based on the rate they're leaving? What is GF doing about keeping the required numbers? Obviously the recent payrise isn't doing that.

old747man
1st Jul 2007, 22:05
too bad....too sad.............................king fisher here i come keep the beer chilled hope to see u guys there,,,,,,

ironbutt57
2nd Jul 2007, 06:12
Reportedly we are recruiting cabin crew in BKK and the other usual places...don't know if the flt deck numbers have reached critical mass...(yet)

Sal-e
3rd Jul 2007, 03:10
I think management will get their numbers from natural attrition. Most pilots who joined within the last year had indicated to me that they won't be going anywhere. A lot of the 5+ years guys won't be going either. So just maybe, natural attrition will work out alright. Not to say that they're happy with the new raise, but most of them think it's a lot better than nothing.
I agree with IB, the real issue is the flight attendant exodus. Although they're recruiting again, the experience base will suffer. And that of course is a safety/quality service matter.
Al Fakhem Snr, please tell me now once and for all without a shadow of doubt. Taking into account the age of the aircrafts, are GF planes unsafe to fly?

Trader
3rd Jul 2007, 05:24
An FO with 10 spots left to the left seat resigned yesterday.

On the FO the 'mass exodus' has begun. EY is interviewing over 60 in June alone. I have spoken with at least 9 330/340 captains who are leaving and these are just the ones I know.

The trick will be to see how fast they leave!! If pilots leave over a one year period then I would think the co. could handle it with OT, new hires and buying leave. If these pilots leave in 6 months or less then there will be shortages. Again, depending on the Fall sked they may be able to handle it with OT etc but it would be dicey.

DesertHawk
3rd Jul 2007, 14:00
Maybe so Trader....Just a question to the pwers that be. Are we going to be a training airline for the others in the region?? Hire guys who need some Airbus time before they go off to EK EY QR? No matter if we have enough or not in the coming months how much is training going to cost this airline on a 5year basis? I htink that these guys have no idea what will happen in the next year and your guess is as good as mine. No planning and horrendous communication. GF training school-entry fee of 2000hrs-you leave with heavy jet time:) Makes me chuckle.......

Sal-e
4th Jul 2007, 05:58
I need Al Fakhem Snr to tell me with full conviction that GF aircrafts are not safe to fly. Please give your reasons.

brassplate
4th Jul 2007, 06:12
dunno about unsafe S but i gotta say that some of those engineers need to be backhanded and roughed up a bit. why is the engineering culture so different out here? where i flew last, there was enormous accountability on engineerings part before they signed of an aircraft. if they were not happy with the aircraft, there was no way on God's earth that plane was going anywhere...no financial/schedule/chief engineer/management/and least of all, pilot pressure, no reason whatsoever was he letting that plane go anywhere. it's the absolute opposite out here. they will sell their own mothers if it was going to make you take the aircraft, whatever it takes to get you out of their hair....then they'll go boasting back to the boss that they were on time. they have let a lot of small things go but over the years, these small items have accumulated to cancerous proportions, hence the state of the gf aircrafts. i say gf fires all the engineers who are of that culture of pleasing bosses and letting these once beautiful planes slowly rot away. furthermore, if any should decide on even negotiating with the pilots on the day of an obvious 'must fix' item, they should be written up and suspended immediately. harsh, i know, but for the number of us leaving, a big part of deciding was the deteriorating state of our planes.

Al Fakhem Snr.
4th Jul 2007, 06:34
Take some old planes, poorly maintained, add incompetent engineering, with snags coming outn of their ears and still smiling... add, a bahraini pilot and an omani FO, and a smattering of Corss hair history: Et voila!

You must be kidding yourself if you think GF is safe these days, I would rather fly on a rikshaw than board any of your planes sale-e.

Not to doubt your professionalism but GF has just gone over the brink of any credible boundary when it comes to safety.

MikeHunt
4th Jul 2007, 06:59
Bye bye MK, bye bye!

May glory be upon the one who has finally gotten his way with you.

Let's see how much this airline will miss you after you go!

ironbutt57
4th Jul 2007, 07:04
I whole heartedly agree with the engineering mentality side of your post al SR ....but not the nationality of the flt crews comment...that is out of order

CI100
4th Jul 2007, 07:15
These are few that I heard around the block just in the past week or so,

Bleed Eng. 1 inop + No APU = Captain are you happy to take it like this? (of course with an Indian accent) wobbling head that comes with it.2. Two emergency slides expired = Captain they will be changed when you come back.

Captain’s rudder paddles can NOT be adjusted = Captain if you seat one meter back you should be fine, Captain are you happy to take it like this?

IR 2 INOPS = Captain we got MCC in Bahrain to send us one, and we will change it when you come back from COK. (IR 1 and 2 is a must for RNP)

RA 1 and 2 Inops + keep getting auto calls on the ground = Captain what do you mean you will be in Direct Law?

FO window not opening and jammed = Captain is too hot outside to open it anway. (hell with the emergency)

The altimeter selector can only work on 100’ and not 1000, happy to take it like this captain? is only 380 moves to get to FL380

NO chiller + only one oven working in the whole plane = full pax 4:30 hours to MAA

Business class pax please do your pee pee in the back sorry this one is not working.

No water in the plane after only 30 min as the tank is leaking.

FO dikstick is able to move for 5 cms across without any aircraft movement.

Stdby attitude inop. and still flying.

Bleed one + pack two inop, bleed two supplying pack one via x-feed (normal operation)

Manual Air Start every flight, sorry captain APU is u/s

Daily check expired day and half ago.
:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: :mad::mad::mad:

ironbutt57
4th Jul 2007, 09:07
sounds about right....thats where the capt re-enters the defect and places an "R" if it is indeed a no-go item for that particular flight he is about to conduct..ie: rnp or rvsm..icing...wet/slipper ops.. as per the OM-a...one must remember the engineers release the aircraft per the MEL, but may be unaware of our operational restrictions...that is OUR job as pilots to determine the airworthiness of the aircraft for that particular flight...

DesertHawk
4th Jul 2007, 12:56
IB correct but the problem here is the engineers and many other have allowed abnormal situations to become normal. For instance no apu and 1 bleed inop crossing into india....every single engineer just looks at MEL and says its a go item....where us the safety in this? the real problem is nothing gets fixed and too many YES men here. The company attitude towards snags is disgraceful and most of the pilots here have got so used to it they think it is normal.

LDG NO BLUE
4th Jul 2007, 16:57
A40-LB is a classic example of what's happening around maintenance:

SEC1 was faulty for a while, the MEL operational procedure requires the use of TOGA thrust for every takeoff, i.e: EGT redlining every time.

Until....

LB experiences an engine failure with damage coming from JED.
How much does it cost a SEC?
How much does it cost an engine?

This is a classic example of how crippled our maintenance is and since nobody hears from Engine failures, cheers for the GF flight safety culture.

Anybody knows what happend over Iraq? The RA that stopped GF flying those routes?

It does not mean that it's legal that it's safe...:yuk:

vomit comet
4th Jul 2007, 17:42
Very poor taste Cap Al Fakhem Snr, good job you are leaving since we definately don't need your racism around here. Good luck in your next outfit & i really hope that you do not have to fly with us incompetent Arabs:}.
CI100, you forget to mention that reason number 1 not to fly GF is that you maybe operating:ugh: but i am sure you are now much more experienced now that you have built up a few hours on a big jet & flying around in a commerial enviroment. Cheers crop duster:ok::ok::ok::ok::ok:

Chuck Y
4th Jul 2007, 17:57
VomitBoy well said. Pack ya bags guys ;)

DesertHawk
4th Jul 2007, 18:41
guy si agree the racism is not fair.. but how can u defend what is going on? I understand this is the only place u have worked, but what is going on here is not good. The GF safety culture is borderline at the best of times. Wake up guys we all fly here and should all have an interest in increasing safety. therefore lets voice our concern to the proper people hopefully in mass. sometimes i wish we all got a oppourtunity to fly somewhere else to see how they do it. in my opinion sometimes i find people just give up...there is not way that BA.EK.AC or anyother major airline flys aircraft in this condition and the CAPT would just not take this crap.

CI100
4th Jul 2007, 18:44
Some of the 320s shiver (Airframe) so much that is hard to write at times. We even had CSM coming to the cockpit telling us that the whole back galley is shaking to the point that they have to fill the glasses ½ full. (Or empty,…you pick)

Now this is new NTC:

Without more ado all 320 crew are required to hold slight rudder input during climb and cruise to stop the airframe vibration. This action has to be confirmed by PNF calling it: rudder star followed by rudder green.

Copy of the chart explaining the amount of rudder impute can be obtained from Missmach.

Saner Al Malsi
Portending HOFO

CI100
4th Jul 2007, 18:55
You are bang on boy; I was crop dusting back in late 80s. You are calling 320 a big jet? They call it minibus back in Dubai. But again it is BIG weigh against a seneca that you are more familiar with beside Gulf Air.

LDG NO BLUE
4th Jul 2007, 19:02
Chief Pilot A330/340 has joined the massalama list!:D

CI100
4th Jul 2007, 19:06
another FO 320 was in the office stamping his logbooks, signing forms.

Looked like he is on his way out too.

ironbutt57
5th Jul 2007, 05:28
It's become the norm because crews accept the aircraft...on an individual basis the engineers know who they can push a bum aircraft onto and who they cant....the pen is mightier than the sword...if it is applicable pull out the pen...

CI100
5th Jul 2007, 07:31
Chief Pilot A330/340

What a blessing......I just hope I don't have to fly with him somewhere else.

CI100
5th Jul 2007, 13:42
Vomit

Oh...poor you......

Let me guess!

Emirates said no to you? not even a call? oh poor you....

Don't worry the ban will be lifted one day at Emptyhad and you too can apply.....just remember your definition of "BIG" once you got on a real plane.

I am not going to bring my level to lower than this.....This should be enough for you,.....the above mentioned fact will burn you enough. :\

Che Guevara
5th Jul 2007, 18:30
Hola camaradas,
I am truly humbled and honoured to be the company of such great aviators....:rolleyes:
"crop dusters, someone who's slogged dead moose in the bush, you learn how to fly when your single engine quits between 2 lakes or at 5 feet above ground" etc.
How can any of us compete?

Sorry but can we get back to the topic or at least close to it?

How many 'aviators' have actually resigned and how many are going to...any numbers yet?

Heard a rumour today that an A-320 is now indefinately grounded in ZHR until repairs to the corrosion are completed...apparently ferried out on a 3 sector permit pending....yikes! Any truth in this? :eek:

Also heard that our load factor this month is 65%.....and this is our busy season...better 'surf' that wave amigos.

Finally 'aviators' get over the racism...definately not cool, just reflects on your upbringing.
Oh, by the way, does flying helicopters in a war count as good experience...is the 747 a 'heavy jet', come on grow up, don't embarress youself, you don't know who is on this forum ;)

Hasta la vista

airpilot_A3xx
5th Jul 2007, 23:03
Back to the topic boys:hmm: 4 A340/330 F/O's gave their notice today (thur) going to Etihad. I was there and wished them good luck:D

brassplate
5th Jul 2007, 23:44
i resigned because of the sudden increase of years for progression accompanied by the disproportionately small increase in salary. i really feel for those who had scaled the seniority over the past few years to then hit a brick wall when their turn came as a direct result of gf's restructuring. starting all over with another company can't be an easy decision.

2lowgear
6th Jul 2007, 06:16
As much as I did enjoy the time I spent at Gulf Air, I must say making the decision to start over elsewhere wasn't hard at all. I was very close to upgrading here, but after the restructuring it was clear that I had some ways to go again. I might as well bite the bullet now and que up in a more stable place.

airpilot_A3xx
6th Jul 2007, 10:14
Just to let you know boys GF is recruting pilots in two weeks time:D I thought they were getting rid of 150:{ WHAT happen to plan Zzzz:confused:

Desert Diner
6th Jul 2007, 10:16
I suppose they need to recruit if their current lot are leaving!

vomit comet
6th Jul 2007, 11:29
update for u guys: 25 pilots resigned to ey,5 to ek 7 to arabia,2 to jazeera,6 to qatari.4 to easy jet..4pilots per week current rate according to office...400 cabin crew already left the island...nice one bn:ok:u and the board take your time sorting things out..new rumour local pilots prepare to strike! :E:E:E

GF{crew}
6th Jul 2007, 12:56
its abut time that local pilot to strike? and why its only the local how about all pilot and were is the cabin crew from this are they all busy calculating the 300 fils increase if all stand and say somthing we could make the difrent dont they teach us in CRM to be all one cabin crew and pilot let show them we learn fom CRM somthing and we are standing together. hope this rumor be true?

vomit comet
6th Jul 2007, 14:01
gfcrew just so u know..its against bahrain law,as a local u can end up in jail:yuk: but if expat they cant touch u.just to clarify things..already the a 32o is plagued with mass sickness:yuk::yuk: so its just pickin up momentum..see ya:E

Dessert Aviator
6th Jul 2007, 14:28
I don't think I saw anyone at ops last night who was'nt leaving to go somewhere (employment wise), The previous leaving figures quoted I suspect are very conservative, I would multiply x3 closer to 75

Bombay HF
7th Jul 2007, 00:23
Are you sure YA has resigned? Where is he going?

CI100
7th Jul 2007, 04:23
heard he is getting the early ret. pckg of 135,000 bd.

money talks, Y/A$$HARI walks

vomit comet
7th Jul 2007, 10:38
thurs. 5 more resigned from the a330/340 fleet:( 3 of them already passed their command process,just waiting fleet transfer to the a 320..bn doesnt that make u think that pilots dont care anymore they just wanna leave!!!!:E

ironbutt57
7th Jul 2007, 15:33
How did they resign today????office is closed:confused:

LOC STAR
8th Jul 2007, 12:00
:DTogether we can F**K it.:D

cheers LS

chrispatrickGA
8th Jul 2007, 14:07
YA was not a bit of help for me when I was in a need two months ago with some deep personal problems.
he is anyway one of that Massalama list as well!

Icarus
8th Jul 2007, 15:13
I am struggling to see the sense of allowing someone to take voluntary severence if you are going to replace them.

Why pay someone 1BD or 135000BD if the vacancy left is going to be re-filled?

The aim is surely not just to reduce head-count but to reduce ongoing costs. The idea being you retire the job not (just) the person. All that is happening here is the company throwing away almost US$400,000!

LDG NO BLUE
8th Jul 2007, 15:48
I would make a list of all the useless ones. Since the company cannot dismiss them anymore, the approach should be:

- How much is your salary?
- 700 BD
- Very well, Gulf Air will pay you 800 BD and you stay at home, you don't have to come to Headquarters anymore.
- But who's gonna swipe my card? :confused:
- Don't you worry, we'll take care of that.

If you are in a key position, the damage done by poor decisions or no decisions at all, is far greater than 800 BD, or 135.000 BD.

LNB

Joe Monsoon
8th Jul 2007, 16:12
Icarus did you get ur security clearance yet :E
Joe

LOC STAR
8th Jul 2007, 18:19
for info only all the end of service benefit is paid by the Government not by Gulf Air :=
so who gives a s**t.

Icarus
8th Jul 2007, 19:01
Ah, the same government that we now pay 1% of our salaries to? Hmm, so what now? Are we indirectly paying the serverance?

Not denying anyone the opportunity to take a few bucks if handed out, but cannot for life of me see the sense if it does not have a long term impact in making the company efficient.

Not too small
9th Jul 2007, 06:59
Hi
YA left the ship because there is some work to do now and simply he wants it like how it was for him (light duty )do nothing.
Collect the money every month and take what ever he can.
Maassllamaa YA.:=

scanscanscan
9th Jul 2007, 09:55
YA sounds pretty smart to me....sure he is not also off to EY?

point8four
9th Jul 2007, 11:02
Negative - flew with him very recently, and its the package and timing that suit at present.

After September who knows?

vomit comet
9th Jul 2007, 11:51
ey will never take YA because he is scum,and most guys who do the recruiting r ex gf:E they wanna keep it clean from what i ve heard....lets just hope ya develops a severe case of heamarroids!!!:ok:

Mach084
9th Jul 2007, 15:18
Vomit comet I would like to see you delete your last comment about YA which I believe was written in haste.

Perhaps you've not been in the airline that long to know that he is actually one of the better chief pilots we've had on the fleet. I'm not saying he's flawless but I certainly believe he doesnt deserve your comment.

vomit comet
9th Jul 2007, 16:27
hello mach084:E i dont believe my comments were written in haste,i ve been here long enough...we are in the ****s because middle management (which have been the same,they just play musical chairs!) have not done anything about everything! and they are still holding on to there managerial positions..most pilots i know share the same opinion and i am sure u know that by now..ya good luck+good bye let some new blood come in,maybe they will listen to their pilots instead of going aganist them the whole time..good day :E

JoeJack
9th Jul 2007, 17:15
Have to agree with Vomit Comet... YA is the most useless CP I have ever seen and GF is about my third airline. Since his times as CP A320 he showed his endless uselessness.
Good Riddance of YA!!
I wish the rest of the Bahrani mafia would follow him ASAP:}

May God bless YA and keep him away from GF!!

Safe Flights!!:ok:
JJ

slowjet
9th Jul 2007, 17:26
Coming to Gf many yeas ago as experienced 767 Capt, I left after two years as the "fast track" Command never materialised. Back in the UK, semi retired but helping out with the new starts, I can tell you that at least a further 6 from the 767 have been signed up. Resignations to come along very soon now.

Oh, I was also A340 rated but YA didn't want to know. I took a "Golden Bowler" from a UK company to come out to Gf & hope YA enjoys HIS BD135K. I agree with all correspondents, he was useless & leaves the seat vacant for, I hope, a better Manager.

Wake up GF. Do something for the pilots who WANT to stay. Good luck to all of you.:ok:

Dixons Cider
9th Jul 2007, 20:55
Wake up GF. Do something for the pilots who WANT to stay

Well said that man!! For its those pilots that want to stay that will be your backbone for the next few years until the next generation filter through.

Conversley - let those go that want to leave, its not beneficial to have guys around that are only here because they're handcuffed.

Dont hinder the movement of the leavers, and encourage those that want to stay, and you'll be left with a solid core group that really want to contribute.

A win win for all concerned..no?

Joe Monsoon
10th Jul 2007, 00:15
A win win for all concerned..no?:=Not for the right once it aint HOMMO:sad:

Dixons Cider
10th Jul 2007, 07:58
unintelligible drivel :bored:

vomit comet
10th Jul 2007, 14:47
hello boys:E just got some news,95% of all omani pilots have resigned,and have been accepted by ey,most will be leaving in september/october..most are fos on the 330/340 fleet..yeeh ha bn/ad looks like u can sink the airline by yourselves:E safe flyin the rust buckets boys:E:ok:

Al Fakhem Snr.
10th Jul 2007, 15:52
I heard that that OZ homo was finally shown the door!

May god hand him a telphone pole of a size befitting his stupidity and ignorance, to fit up his a canal.

Che Guevara
10th Jul 2007, 16:01
Comet,

Any idea how many?

I can just imagine the chatter now,
"Don't worry yanni we are going to train 200 Bahrainis to replace them".
"How long till they finish training then?"
"Well, they will finish training in Jordan after two years"
"So how long to be Captains?
'"Only about 10 years your grace"....:ugh:
''silence.....

Desert_Storm
10th Jul 2007, 18:07
When BN and AD joined GF, I could read all kind of negative comments against'em and honestly, was hard for me to believe what i was reading but now, i can see clearly how blind, stupid and foolish these people are. "95% of the Omani leaving GF" wow, most definitely, GF is sinking like the Titanic vessel and the band keep playing nice music while we sink. Congratulations Mr. AD, this is gonna be like the third or fouth company that you screw and send to the trash bin: Mate, you´ll get in the guiness record book. :uhoh:

chrispatrickGA
10th Jul 2007, 21:49
I just heard this news tonight....Most of bahraini pilots would like to resign or retire and get their indemnities but guess what... the HOFO just told them there is a new rule which applies for the bahraini pilots of gulfair: You may resign or retire but you wont get your indemnities......except if you are part of management:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:
How do you like it guys?:p:p if it was not so pathetic we could laugh but i really think of my bahraini collegues and tell them how much i can understand their sadness in this story!!!
It s absurd and absolutely unfair....

airpilot_A3xx
11th Jul 2007, 06:39
chrispatrickGA,, what you heard is not true:= our bahraini collegues will not do F**k all, just b***ing and nag about everything:yuk:. They want the best pay by staying at home. its not true they are banned from working from any other airline or from early retirement:= how come 6 bahraini pilot left to QR and Arabia this moth:D What HOFO said, retirement Package will only be given to management pilot so AD/BN can fill the poositions with friends and family:{

vomit comet
11th Jul 2007, 07:11
:Ehello che :E as far as what this particular omani capt was telling me so far 6 omani cpt to ey nearly all with the exception of 2 or 3 fos on 330/340 have been accepted,like i said earlier their leaving dates are mostly august/sept/oct..
even if they train 200 bahraini pilots,thats if they find that amount willing to sign that horrendous bond! they will still be short..the amount of people leaving within a 4 month period is to great for the company to cope with,i am guessing their will be a lot of flight cancellations,thats other than the boys that r stayin here going sick all over the place..thats why we have airport standby,sectors per day have increased,lots of mini rest and airport rest..they r already preparing for the worst because i am sure bn know its inevitable:E

vomit comet
11th Jul 2007, 07:24
desert st. thats 95% omani leaving i didnt mention the other guys who are leaving at a minimum rate of 4 per week(thats handing in their resignations) this number is from the office...they will have a real problem...apparently the ban on bahrainis from what i heard applies only for one year..its comes from the goverment of course,bn in all honesty has nothing to do with it..but will be waved after one year..all the local boys are waiting for qr to open base in bahrain or have the option of living here and commutting to work(doha) they will arrange your roster for that especially if u join them on the long haul fleet..the are working on it according to some of the guys i talked to..;):E safe flyin:E

Not too small
11th Jul 2007, 08:03
If the new management wants to fill the airline withe bahraini pilots i would give mr M AL Kohiji and AD an idea.
GIVE ALL THE PILOTS IN GF BAHRAINI PASSPORTS
HA HA HA

ironbutt57
11th Jul 2007, 08:50
Seems Oman Air may have a shortfall of GF pilots interested in the oncoming 767 program there as well...beautiful place to live...raise the stakes maybe???

vomit comet
11th Jul 2007, 10:14
ib57,we checked that out already there will not be much of an improvement on the package,thats why none of the omani boys have gone down there,and apparently they have just hired around 20 east european pilots..beautiful relaxed place but pay still way below even gf..:E

vomit comet
11th Jul 2007, 10:22
:E:Eairpilot 3xxx:E bahraini pilots can go to arabia or qr,no ban there but arabia u fly a320 the rest of your life and qr depends on your qualifications as a pilot..for captains on a320 with 2000+ pic they can go a330/340 qr and for a320 with less than 2000 will go to the a320 fleet...all fos applying there will go to a330/340/a300/320 it your choice from what i heard...they are also studying..giving the pilots a choice if they wanna live in bahrain and commute to work,which is very easy if u r on the long haul fleet,they will plan your roster for that..which is excellent me thinks..:E

Chuck Y
13th Jul 2007, 06:43
Mr A.D. has sold a LHR slot to American Airlines for US$15 even though Etihad offered US$20!!! Supposedly he did it just to spite them, so we loose US$5 just cos of his attitude problem-maybe that's why he stopped flying(failed his Pyscometric tests???). This is yet another of his & his dog B.N. idiotic & childish moves. Gotta love out new management:ugh::ugh::ugh:

ironbutt57
13th Jul 2007, 07:42
Maybe it had something to do with our codeshare with AA:confused:

Chuck Y
13th Jul 2007, 08:07
IB57, not really since we owe AA US$5. So obviously it would have been better to get a bit more cash for EY to give it to AA!!!

LDG NO BLUE
13th Jul 2007, 10:35
My history is a bit hazy, but AD&team, as SWISS CEO, negotiated LHR slots to join Oneworld Alliance in the past.

Deja vu?

LDG NO BLUE
13th Jul 2007, 10:44
Troubled Swiss in BA tie-up

Debt-laden airline Swiss International Air Lines has revealed it is to join the Oneworld alliance led by British Airways.
Swiss said its customers would "benefit from this development in the form of a substantially expanded range of services".

The agreement will give BA access to Swiss take-off and landing slots at London's Heathrow airport, Swiss said.

BA will also back a financial bail-out for Swiss in the form of a credit facility worth 50m Swiss francs ($37m; £22.4m) which will be secured against the slots.

Survival measure

The Swiss airline's decision to join the Oneworld alliance puts an end to speculation that it might merge with Germany's Lufthansa, a tie-up that aviation analysts thought would probably have meant the end of Swiss as a separate airline.

Signing up to Oneworld keeps loss-making Swiss independent, there are still questions as to whether the company will survive in an overcrowded, highly competitive marketplace.

Swiss chief executive Andre Dose said on Tuesday that the loss-making airline plans to return to profit in 2005.

Following the tie-up, two major Swiss banks, UBS and Credit Suisse, have said they are willing to offer further loan facilities to Swiss, the airline said.

Swiss International was formed out of the collapse of Swissair in late 2001. The group was restructed under the management of its one-time regional subsidiary Crossair.

The failure of Swissair provoked a sense of national trauma in Switzerland.

Ailing Swiss

The Swiss government stepped in to broker a survival package. It persuaded the airline's banks to extend fresh loans and Swiss firms to give up tax concessions so funds could be diverted to the airline.

But Swiss International's business has not gone well since then, and in June 2003 the airline announced it would shed 34 aircraft - one third of its planes - in an effort to save 1.6bn Swiss francs ($1.21bn; £725m).

It said it was dropping one third of its routes to streamline the business, and plans to cease flying to Washington DC, Beijing or Rio de Janeiro.

The plan also included 3,000 job cuts in the company's 9,000 strong workforce.

Swiss racked up a net loss of 333m Swiss francs ($240m; £149m) in the first half of 2002.

Mach084
13th Jul 2007, 12:19
Since this discussion has gone way off topic let me try my best to get back on subject.

Mach084 added to the GF masalama list.

After many many years in GF it's time to move on, I have made some great friends and have had a good career (while it lasted). In all honesty I am sad to see this airline to which I gave the vast majority of my adult life in such a state. I wish GF and all it's employees good luck in future.

Cheers
Mach

Joe Monsoon
13th Jul 2007, 14:42
Mach84
Thanks GOD for that just Q did HA our EX VPO offer U job yet:E

Trader
14th Jul 2007, 03:33
Sorry - I fully agree with the company. You DO NOT sell a slot like that to a direct competitor. PERIOD. The $5 mill will come back one way or another in not having EY add a flight at the same time GF has one.

That makes economic and competitive sense.

We also codeshare with AA so if they can add a flight that connects with ours then we offer an additional connection to the US with the extra seats we can sell offsetting the $5 mill.

CI100
14th Jul 2007, 04:57
That make sense provided that you HAVE passengers WILLING to fly and connect to Gulf Air. Next time you are boarding just look at your passengers...who are they? Not regular passengers that you see on Emirates, Etihad, Qatari, British Airways, etc... The majority and bulk of GF’s passengers are maids, construction workers, laborer drudges that are traveling at the end or the start of their contract. These tickets are sold cheap and paid by their sponsors. That’s why our Indian destinations are full in Y class and empty in J class.

We depart late,
We change departure time (date) several times
We provide hot cabin
We provide poor interior (with tape holding the arm rests)
We have delays due to technical almost every flight, if not every other flight
Our passengers can’t depend on even a two hours connection to the next flight due to so many delays .........And on and on and on........

The reality is that a regular paying (from his own pocket) is not willing to fly with us let alone connecting to others via GF. If US is your destination; fly out of AUH, DXB and soon DOH direct to North America with EK,EY,QR. Depart on time, experience the best “real airline” service, and then connect to other airlines with ease of mind.

ironbutt57
14th Jul 2007, 05:16
See the same sort of pax on the competitors c100 ridden on all of them as a pax, and see the same faces....only the airplanes are nicer on the inside...still smell the same:uhoh:

Mach084
14th Jul 2007, 07:40
Joe HA didnt offer me anything when he was VPO what on earth could he offer me now? Besides who in his right mind would trust him

Desert Diner
14th Jul 2007, 08:17
c100 is right, in the old days going to Europe, GF was a first choice airline to make. Nowdays, you only book them out of BAH if BA is full on your day or you need to catch the red eye coming back.

Shame really!

wapses
14th Jul 2007, 09:08
You don't sell a slot to a direct competitor. You do however sell one to a code-share partner. And someone told me that there's a guarantee of more revenue alongside the cash.

scanscanscan
14th Jul 2007, 09:34
Sadly most of the GF first class passengers were quickly lost to our competitors when an overnight decree changed the GF first class cabin crewing policy.
Suddenly National male stewards were required to operate first class straight out of training school and not progres their career via aft then mid cabin experiance.
Having no previous cabin service experiance or years to properly learn the service and how to deliver it.. I observed they effectively killed off most off the paying GF first class passengers in a few months.
I could go on...but will spare you....the dog needs a walk.

vomit comet
14th Jul 2007, 09:39
i doubt any of our four legged idiotic managers knows this:}

Bombay HF
14th Jul 2007, 09:56
IB...If everywhere you go smells the same, maybe it's you. A little bit dis respectful to the people keeping you in a job don't you think?

Stratosphere6000
14th Jul 2007, 14:49
Yeah don't sell them the slots to make money but go ahead take our CEO and a chunk of our experienced staff..makes perfect sense doesn't it Trader......GF can't even dream of competing with the 3 big boys so it would only make sense to sell the slots and make money..All about priorities which GF seem to always get in reverse.

CI100
14th Jul 2007, 14:53
Okay guys lets get back on track.

Heard Another A330 FO (think Canadian) is going to Emirates.

Chuck Y
14th Jul 2007, 16:51
Just waiting for the prawn season to start then I will be on the list. Time to become a fisher man since we can't leave.

vomit comet
14th Jul 2007, 17:07
chuck y dont leave:{ i wrote a letter to bn asking him for more turnarounds,less minimum rest,5 hours on the ground everywhere:ugh: less maintaince(ours is too high need to cut costs!),remove one pack we only need one,no need for apu because weather is nice:} so stick around:E it will be great:E

Yo767
14th Jul 2007, 18:12
http://berrichou.free.fr/images/exode.jpg
Despite the effort from the new management to retain its qualified workforce by the introduction of a quality well-rounded package, this GF pilot was seen leaving the island this morning on Budaiya highway unable to sustain his family anymore.

ironbutt57
15th Jul 2007, 05:57
Yeah, and HE got his indemnity, caz he wasnt bonded...but he used it for a down payment on a happy meal for his kids:}

Trader
15th Jul 2007, 06:57
Except the CEO and the experienced staff were not 'given' or sold to EY!! GF is living in a competitive market and is getting killed - in every aspect. The fight is to survive, restructure and hopefully come out in the end.

As I said the $5 million less that they got for the slot comes back in connection via AAA is London AND in not having the competitor using that slot. Besides - $5 mil is NOTHING and easily compensated for.

Finally, we have no IDEA as to what is really happening, if those numbers are true or other aspects of the deal.

Mach084
15th Jul 2007, 13:13
Trader ,

GF is living in a competitive market and is getting killed

I beg to differ, GF is not getting killed, GF is killing it's self. Whatever predicament GF is in is all self inflicted. A result of years of corruption, incompetence and right old abuse.

Che Guevara
15th Jul 2007, 16:47
Anybody know where the Gulf Air management thread went....?:*

brassplate
15th Jul 2007, 16:56
i just queried the moderator to that effect. maybe gf management trying to sue pprune so they can pay the next salaries? who knows? maybe our moderator is on the take with this one? stranger things have happened in the ME's aviation industry.

6_DoF
15th Jul 2007, 18:43
Ok enough is enough this thread, and almost all other threads realated to GF, is mostly filled by a few posters that have a serious gripe against GF and fair enough they are entilted to their opinions. I would just like to say good bye and good luck for you future employers as I for one can not wait for your departure time even if it parallels GF's OTP and is slightly later than present.

SCATANA
16th Jul 2007, 23:37
Back to the top.

chrispatrickGA
17th Jul 2007, 20:05
Guys ,

I can announce that a bunch of pilots are going to the office in the next days to enlarge our list....
even if they are not aware of this topic in pprune....:hmm:
By deduction I can tell you that some planes will be grounded in a few months...:\:\

Trader
18th Jul 2007, 10:24
I believe Etihad just contacted a large bunch for a start in Oct/Nov.

vomit comet
18th Jul 2007, 11:07
hello boys:E trader u r right possibly earlier,actually according to one pilot most resignations will occur within the nxt two weeks:E not good me thinks..know thats broken rusty aircrafts,pilots and crew leaving in big numbers within the next 3 months,massive sickness as the blocks get more and more nastier:E for sure we ll be seeing aircrafts on the ground:E
nice one ad:Dkeep up the good work:E

tbaylx
19th Jul 2007, 11:23
Thanks to all the guys on the Boeing for making it fun to come to work. I'm outa here 1st Nov. Just in time too seeing our blocks lately. Best of luck to all who stay or go.

Trader
19th Jul 2007, 12:42
Me as well - Oct 12 will be my last day! I won't miss the frustration of dealing with GF but I will miss the crews!!!!!!

Zenj
19th Jul 2007, 15:01
Interesting to see so many of you guys leaving ...

Can someone update the list of those leaving ( and those left already ) as its becoming difficult to keep track of the events thru the thread.

Are the Omanis in the list going ?

We as outsiders are keen reading this, what goes round .comes round !

chrispatrickGA
19th Jul 2007, 17:00
A rumor in the GF aisles says more than 100 PILOTS are leaving or will leave .
Most of Omani are packing their suitcases , some are investigating in buying houses in UAE...:cool:
It' s almost time to find out why the management forgot to follow the CRM course and came to that sad result.:bored:
GULF AIR had a name , senior guys were usually talking to me about the glorious days of that unique airline...
Yes Mr Dose, together we could have done it, but together we wont be...:sad:

NO FD NO SRS
19th Jul 2007, 18:56
Heard it today that all those short contract greek crew who were issued letter last month for not renewing their contracts... Got another letter for a contract renewal but I believe all of them have already applied to Etihad and EK. ITS TOOOOO LATE AD,NB.

Icarus
19th Jul 2007, 19:28
As far as I can work out, those who are openly admitting they are leaving are:

320 - CI100, Al Fakhem Sr, Fay Jinah, Commander38t, JetWSH, LOCGREEN, SCATANA

767 - 2lowgear, MikeHunt, Brassplate, BoeingCrap, DesertStorm, tbaylx, humingbird

340 - Heleheleyani, jbsig, SoftAltitude, Mach084

330 - chrispatrickGA, 330-340CP (YA)

Not Specified - GulfAirSexy, Tachi, old747man, Trader, Dixons Cider

That's a running total of 25.

Mach084
19th Jul 2007, 20:49
Mach084 Captain on A330/A340 departing to EY, already submitted resignation

ddd
19th Jul 2007, 21:37
Do you guys leaving for Abu Dhabi realize that there are no accommodation for you and you shall stay in hotels for months? Also no crew transport!

Dixons Cider
20th Jul 2007, 03:01
Perhaps I was too vague on my earlier post...

resigned

Soft Altitude
20th Jul 2007, 05:56
Hi Icarus,

Put me on yr list as well.
Sent in my resignation yesterday.
F/O A330/340

Soft Altitude out

Che Guevara
20th Jul 2007, 08:24
Rumour on the street yesterday was that the number is now 60....:eek:

Run Forrest run

Chuck Y
20th Jul 2007, 09:41
I have heard figure of around 130 total leaving by Oct but this is likely to increase if the rumours are true that Bahrainis can now join EY. Good luck on the interviews guys.

airpilot_A3xx
20th Jul 2007, 17:57
IB, thanks but,truth hurts..haa. back to our subject, they will not leave YANI....3 pilots only had tha balls (last 3 months), 2 to air arabia and 1 to Qatar. Your turn!:cool:

ironbutt57
20th Jul 2007, 18:09
No.... I see it the other way....who has the "balls" to stay the course...easy for rats to leave the sinking ship...let the rats leave....

jimmyhagendas
20th Jul 2007, 19:42
Ironbutt 57 you are calling the pilots leaving for rats...:=
Would you dear say that to my face or do you only hide behind your computer you pu..y.

Yo767
20th Jul 2007, 20:09
Here is my "balls" size theory: Money, career progression and quality of life should be our concerns. Money is way below market and no sign of improving, career progression is going backward, quality of life is down the drain with the new network (on the 767 anyways) and will get worse with loads of pilots leaving in the next few months. Personal conclusion: kissbutt757 have a "balls" size issue.

JoeJack
20th Jul 2007, 21:06
It's not the first time this (Rats businness) happens.

So, according to IB57, those who are going elsewhere, looking for better pay, better working conditions, which in their turn will provide a better and happier (family) life, all of a sudden became RATS!?!?!?!?

Well sailor boy57 (sporting that tatoo on your arm and that healthy tummy... what did you expect?), to my knowledge, RAT is the one that stabs its own colleagues, bad mouth them (remember when you came up with "eurobrats"??) and thinks that he is the best kid on the block... cool dude... NOT!!

I personally wish all the guys who are leaving (except CPA330/A340 - good riddance!!!) a prosperous and wealthy career wherever they may go. For those who stay, I wish things improve quickly (much needed!) and for you sailorboy57, start respecting your fellow colleagues, if you would like to be respected!

Safe Flights!
JJ

h73kr
20th Jul 2007, 21:12
what about the real issues, have they finished that bloody lay-by outside the front of the terminal yet? :ugh:

sorry, a bit of levity...please carry on! :)

Andrea Dose
20th Jul 2007, 23:24
Back to the main issue… who else is leaving??

Hummingbird
21st Jul 2007, 08:39
PLease add my name to the 767 list :)

flyguyflies
21st Jul 2007, 12:45
Hello everybody,
I just want to let everyone now how gf will treat you after you resigned if you do not intent to jump ship, if you intent to complete your contract notice period and do everything according to the book. As we all know the notice period is three months. Depending on when you hand in your papers you might get lucky and get one more salery. then they will block your salery, stating something like: WE ASSUMED YOU WOULD JUMP SHIP, after they had send you on leave which YOU told them you dont need your leave. if you have a decent chief flight which i most defenitly had, he will help you to get what is rightfully yours YOUR MONEY....But the company needs the money, so they want you to work for free and just not pay you. They will tell you your bond is not cleared eventhough you told them from the day of signing your papers how everything will be solved. In the secound month same sh... different smell, you will have to wait for your salery, again explain your intentions and come to the VERBAL agreement (because they on there hand will not sign anything but want you to sign your life away). they will tell you that everything will be ok as long as you work and you wait for your last settlement:D...as you might be someone who believes in the decency of the human being, you believe what they tell you, just do your job and think of nothing evil.... well wrong thought. you on your hand think everthing will be ok. you will get you ticket home and your last paycheck because you intent to pay your debt just get out clean.
now is the last two days of your repatriation process, you finish all your paperwork go up to payrole to get your money only to learn that nothing is as THey have told you. you talk to hr managemen only to hear that there never was an agreement with you, that you will NOT get your passport until you sign some bogus, shady paperwork and you will not feel safe anymore. my advice to EVERYONE is dont trust the management, because they all lie to you in all colors of the rainbow, you are nothing more then a slave they will not do anything brake all the rules they have laid out in the begining. decency does not exist, no wonder so many guys jumped ship over night without anyone knowing about there intentions. treat how you want to be treated and TREAT HOW YOU ARE TREATED. dont expect manners or anything like that. as you can see this is someone who has been played very bad.... :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
Masalama gulfair together we will never do it

2lowgear
21st Jul 2007, 17:13
You can be the ship's anchor IB, I'll look for dry land.

LDG NO BLUE
21st Jul 2007, 21:32
:=

I remember you used the expression "vermin" sometime ago while mentioning those leaving GF.
IB, much probably your distorted view of GF is due to the fact that somebody elses "balls" must be covering your eyes. Maybe is a consequence of where your nose is sticking into?

LNB (eurobrat)

dodoflies
21st Jul 2007, 23:58
:rolleyes:Company website says that there are no vacancies at the moment....:confused:

Bombay HF
22nd Jul 2007, 04:00
Ironbutt doing a Borat!:D:D:D That one kills me LNB:ok:

ironbutt57
22nd Jul 2007, 05:14
Respect my "colleagues" who bag the company, and it's managers behind an anonymous moniker here on Pprune?? Easy to do that I suppose..If you hate it so much then be a professional give the notice, fulfill your obligation and leave to your dream job..running the place down and bad-mouthing the rest is not going to solve anything:=..have a nice day!!:ok:

2lowgear
22nd Jul 2007, 08:22
IB, you were the first one to bail out from the 767 to downgrade yourself to a smaller jet. What, you were afraid you couldn't land a job when the music stopped?? Don't talk about balls!

ironbutt57
22nd Jul 2007, 08:59
An opportunity presented itself and I jumped...and yes the spectre of the 767 going away was a small part of my decision, but more so a desire to have the 'bus rating should the unthinkeable happen at GF..anyway I'm enjoying the baby bus...anyway it's not a "downgrade" but a downsize ..guess now I have to downsize my "healthy tummy" to fit:ok:

spanktheyank
22nd Jul 2007, 09:31
Attention to everyone who's writing a reply to IB57,

IB has the attitude of his leader GWB, he will never admit that he is wrong nor you can discuss with him rationally, but pls don't take his posts too seriously, he's probably posting them during his lonely encounters with alcohol or when he has a huge hangover, I am sure he does not even mean what he says, and trust me if there's a better opportunity arise for him he will be the first to leave, he's only staying because it's the best place for him at the moment, am I right old timer?

Super Eurobrat the vermin !!!

P.S. please don't libarate me :ok:

tbaylx
22nd Jul 2007, 09:49
You may not agree wit IB, but his posts are always professional and polite. If more people did the same thing then this forum would be a lot more useful.

ironbutt57
22nd Jul 2007, 09:54
Thanks tby...just enjoying the entertainment...don't worry spanky..have no intention of liberating anybody..dont agree with US foreign policy anyway...now, or 65yrs ago (remember?) need to stay home we do in this respect...now run along and resume your company/yank bashing..if thats what makes you happy...looking forward to see the masalma list updates if we can gentleman...:D

brassplate
22nd Jul 2007, 13:32
hear hear tbylx. had ib57 never bagged individuals by name, then he's guilty. if he was trying to portray a glimmer of hope for gf, then he's guilty. if he's trying to be loyal to the company, he's guilty....providing useful info, guilty......committed to a bond, guilty.....guilty guilty guilty for all the RIGHT reasons. i cannot say that about a lot of guys (me included sometimes) who find bagging the likes of him a pleasure. so all you one posters, lay off a bit and let ppruners in the right spirit share the wealth of info available out there.

Mach084
22nd Jul 2007, 15:17
IB57,

Do you understand that this "anonymus" forum was created so people can have a good rant about whatever they want whenever they want. If it were for anything else it would not be anonymus. So if you dont like the rant then return to your trailer park in hicksville U.S.A mate.

People have every right to post whatever they wish and if it is not appropriate the moderator of this forum can deal with it not you.

It's funny how you jump to post a critisism or a smug comment when people have a gripe yet you have not even bothered to post a "get well" wish for our friend Rad Gammage. Just says a lot about your character. I guess you dont get any browie points for that post from management do you?

ironbutt57
22nd Jul 2007, 15:46
I my mistake thought it was rumour network not a bitch and slagfest, personal attack network...and your own words could well apply to yourself...if you dont like my viewpoint then it's your problem not mine...I havent attacked anybody here...strike a nerve did I?? Grow up!!!

Mach084
22nd Jul 2007, 15:51
Start showing some respect to your peers you pompus arse

ironbutt57
22nd Jul 2007, 15:55
My my we use bad names....try acting respectfully yourself to your employer, and respect the viewpoints of those who differ from you..air your complaints and observations in a professional manner,(we all share the same ones for sure) instead of like a spoilt child, and bag the name calling and maybe you will earn some respect...now....can we get back to the masalama list pls???

dontevenjoke
22nd Jul 2007, 19:23
Name: Andre Dose
fleet: CEO (all of them)
destination: anywhere I can run another airline

Best of luck guys!!!

Kidding aside, on my way to EK, wanted to stay but can't justify being treated poorly and then being expected to sit and take it.

For all of you staying, all the best and I honestly hope that things turn around and get better.

Cheers.

Sal-e
22nd Jul 2007, 20:16
Wow 84, you really seem to have a bone to pick with the IB. I personally find his posts at best informative, at worst humorous (albeit dry sometimes). Unbeknownst to you, you may be morphing into a grumpy old bastard by the sound of your tones toward him. EY certainly needs the likes of you over there. Best of British luck.
Coming back to the thread at hand, I hereby declare my inclusion in the "Ahlan wa Sahlan" list. In other words, I ain't going anywhere. All those leaving, all the best. May the sun always shine on your face, the wind always from behind you, your wells full of good water, you quiver full of..............

bus787
23rd Jul 2007, 03:30
SAL-E as u are staying you should try for the CEO place nowvacant.

Sal-e
23rd Jul 2007, 22:40
No thanks. Just counting the days when my bond ends.

flyguyflies
24th Jul 2007, 12:40
finally someone who speaks the truth...everyone should be able to speak there mind without being insulted by any means.... the mind is free and everyone should have the possibilty to speak freely....anyways masalama:{

Propellor
24th Jul 2007, 13:53
Name: Andre Dose
fleet: CEO (all of them)
destination: anywhere I can run another airline

Hey, Andre’,
You missed the spelling check, too: You forgot to put the ‘i’ between the ‘u’ and the ‘n’ in ‘run’.;)
P.

Slats Extend
24th Jul 2007, 16:35
Its been fun guys...whether you are an expat or a local I hope you find what you are looking for. 330/340 FO who tried to make it work:rolleyes:

Take Care.... Slats

Zenj
26th Jul 2007, 15:54
Thats rude , "teach Omanis fly long haul" ......

Omanis have been flying long haul for long time, not necessarily OmanAir

tmax
27th Jul 2007, 01:13
long haul like LHR CGD FRA and africa in the past years!!! guys i am very impressed with ur omani exp!!!!!!!!!!!! i hope u have recorded it in your logbook!!!!! then you can aplly to the rest of the world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!hehehehehehe!

vomit comet
29th Jul 2007, 18:59
new figures 153 pilots have resigned!!!!!!!!!!!:{:sad:

Desert_Storm
29th Jul 2007, 20:21
and still more to be the next two month mate! We all knew this will happen, didn't we? Anyway, gotta say that I'm thankful with GF for the chance they gave me and hopefully, GF will solve its problems and keep running like a big airline. Good luck mates!

Tristar
2nd Aug 2007, 12:49
A very strong rumor is going around the pink palace, that very soon we’ll be getting around B.D. 300-400 increment plus a possible review of housing and schooling!!!! Also heard that the ladies and gentlemen working aft of the heavy useless door will be getting some augmentation.
Now this might be attenuation to this link!?!?
Let’s keep fingers, legs and some other extremities crossed.:)

P.S. Before I get bombarded, the above is only a RUMOR, and I don’t know if there is a difference in amount that will be give to CM1 and CM2???

H.N.

Mach084
2nd Aug 2007, 12:53
Hish not sure if it would do anything to stop the exodus but it would be nice for our indemnity :E

ironbutt57
2nd Aug 2007, 12:57
Think Tristar has a case of "pod-nod" going!!! :};):ok:

Tristar
2nd Aug 2007, 13:04
If you are who I think you are?!?! Then its certainly too late for you:ouch:

Mach084
2nd Aug 2007, 13:08
I probably am who you think I am and no, it's never too late mate.:ok:

ironbutt57
2nd Aug 2007, 13:24
I suspect the most professional way to join the "maasalama list" is a letter, smile, handshake, thanks for the opportunity...and then hasta la vista...the "scorched earth" method never gets you anywhere..:ok:

CI100
5th Aug 2007, 07:51
Capt. Mussawi

{Manager Flight Safety}

joined the Massalama list. His last day...tomorrow

Chuck Y
5th Aug 2007, 10:11
Capt H is leaving cuz he wanted to be the VPO, but now he will be setting up a consultancy which, of course, will be 'servicing' GF.

NO FD NO SRS
5th Aug 2007, 10:55
And of course consultancy to GF will be free of charge or a nominal fee of few million Dinars.:suspect:

fractional
5th Aug 2007, 10:59
Capt. Mussawi? Isn't he Qatari? He is definitely going East...

vomit comet
5th Aug 2007, 13:00
where ever he is going he was a complete waste of space:E

brassplate
5th Aug 2007, 21:51
that was a cheapshot lowblow propeller, even to my standards.

Neultin
7th Aug 2007, 16:48
New guy here. Hope no spelling mistakes.
After a long time with Gulf Air, it's time for me to move on. Must say I have enjoyed all of your company, and if it's one thing I will miss here, that is it. Great flying with you boys. Keep it safe. I will continue to cheer from the near sidelines.
Neultin out. 767 Captain

vomit comet
9th Aug 2007, 06:31
just for facts i think what obsidian was trying to say was,the flight safety dep. should have been more involved in issues concerning maint,crew scheduling,etc..i dont know what fleet you fly but the b767 and a320 are plagued with techincal problems plus they do four sector days some of which are cat c airports..i do not think thats safe, considering the over all technical status of our fleets and crew moral..dont you think they should point this out to management or shall we have an accident or incident??!!! safe flying..:E

obsidian
9th Aug 2007, 06:45
just for facts you must be management:} all what i was trying to say was they should have taken a more aggressive approach in trying to achieve things..you wasted your time typing all that crap :E and yes they should fire all management may be things will get better then:E

jackbauer
9th Aug 2007, 07:15
Obsidian, based on that last post you must be all of 10 years old. I suppose you want to be a pilot when you grow up eh!

Mephistopheles
9th Aug 2007, 09:30
Back to the topic.
What's the damage looking like at the moment? I was going to ask how many have resigned but i guess it's easier to ask how many are staying?

obsidian
9th Aug 2007, 10:54
yes jackbauer i want to be a pilot just like you,but with the ****** bit deleted out:E

scanscanscan
9th Aug 2007, 16:05
Oh dear...I remember when the GF flight safety office was closed down....so that "We do not have incidents!"...to qoute a new B767 local management pilot.
Shame is....a good proactive unions of cabin crew... pilots... and engineers provide excellent amounts of technical feedback to management and the flight safety staff and it can prevent accidents and repeated incidents.
If management do not listen or flight safety departments exist then it is logical you get a mess and repeated incidents of the same nature and fatal accidents.
Incidentally.... I also know the reason why the expat individual concerned started the GF flight safety dept in the first place..and it had nothying what so ever to do with safety...and a lot to do with getting rid of ex BA DEC Captains on index linked pensions doing 5 years retirement jobs in Bahrain and blocking commands for good blokes like F/o Rad Gammage and others.
The starter of the GF flight safety dept soon ended up as ops manager after his perceived plan worked a treat and then in due course we got our commands.

Fokkerwokker
9th Aug 2007, 16:52
The starter of the GF flight safety dept soon ended up as ops manager after his perceived plan worked a treat and then in due course we got our commands.

Ah yes Scanscanscan...I remember them thar days!

Fingers crossed for Radstone. I have just pinned up our course photograph from '74!

Bestest

FW

obsidian
9th Aug 2007, 17:28
just facts i know i am right ,i dont need an incompetent manager/pilot like you telling me whats wrong or right..flight safety is useless,its just there to provide pilots like you with chairs and office allowance!
'flag raisers',oversight' is our management blind??? of course not,you know better...
i did not apply because just like you i am unqualified for those positions:E
tokms=kis amok bin kalb:E hehehe safe flyin:ok:

CI100
11th Aug 2007, 01:45
Another FO on A320 (Canadian) is going to Emirates. I saw him in the fleet office while he was droping the bomb on Hamida.

skywaytoheaven
11th Aug 2007, 05:40
STOP THE PRESS: GF FO leaving for Emirates in middle eastern airline swap shop shocker!!!

ironbutt57
11th Aug 2007, 07:43
Somehow I dont think they are too shocked to see resignations anymore...

Desert_Storm
18th Aug 2007, 18:04
Etihad holding another assessment on the 20th. Guess more people will leave the Fallen Falcon or was it the Golden Falcon, can't remember anymore.

Che Guevara
18th Aug 2007, 21:18
Rumour has it that there have been 173 resignations so far...:ooh:

REACH-69
18th Aug 2007, 22:23
Etihad holding another assesment on the 20th................here you go ,another chance for the canadians and africans who didn't make it last time.....good luck and welcome to EY:ok:

obsidian
19th Aug 2007, 14:10
and since ey is getting 12 A320 from airbus after a slot swap..expect more a320 boys to leave..they will reduce their requirements as well:E deliveries start 2008 jan..training a320 manager is R.T.(gf)....by the end of 2008 ccq 320/330:E and a soon expected payrise! to counter gfs supposedly new package! bn and the board please take your time makin your minds up:E

NO FD NO SRS
22nd Aug 2007, 07:44
I would like to take this opportunity to thank whole Gulf Air Massalama List. Guys with out your resignations this new package would not have been possible.

Sal-e
22nd Aug 2007, 08:10
Not too soon mate. A lot will be withdrawing their resignations with the new deal which is within their right.

Bombay HF
22nd Aug 2007, 08:27
The money is better for those staying but the problems concerning job security and career progression still exist. I doubt if anybody on the list who has a genuine offer from the likes of EY etc will withdraw their resignations.

CI100
22nd Aug 2007, 08:41
Money is not everything guys.

You should look at 10 years down your treasured, valued life and see which one is better for you and your family. Don’t cheat yourself and look deep within yourself and see where you are going to be SINCERELY happy. Where you are going to be in 10 years from now. if you truly believe that Gulf Air will give you the life and status of what EK, EY, etc gives you then by all means stay.

As for me I am off to Emirates.

I will not sell my family's future and security plus my joy of flying (which I don't have with Gulf Air network) for few extra money in which I will be getting the same and more anyways at Emirates.

Massalama....!

NO FD NO SRS
22nd Aug 2007, 09:13
With this package I will retire after 10 years.

Stratosphere6000
22nd Aug 2007, 09:29
Well said CI100...If you're around for maybe upto 5years and you're probably in the left seat then yes, very good to stay. For young F/O's who are going to be around for 5+ years, well a lot of thinking to do. GF has no long term vision. The other carriers are competing in a total different league. Plus lets not all be naive. What GF did is very good as they put their money where their mouth is. These 3 carriers will soon review their packages as they expand more aggressively and they find it hard to crew the jets. Don't expect them to sit and watch in the background.

Ibn Kalb
22nd Aug 2007, 09:48
roll up roll up

so for those of us who dont work at GF and have had to put up with all your whining, what is the package -- just give me a range including all benefits in BD?

tbaylx
22nd Aug 2007, 10:20
An F/O should bring home 3000BD/month now including perdiems, excluding housing allowance.

That's awfully close to double what i was seeing in January. It's a welcome change and great for the guys that are staying.

As for me, while the money is actually better than EK and on par with EY now, i won't withdraw my resignation for that. As previously stated, i want an airline i can stay the next 15-20 years at with decent career progression and i'm sure the other carriers will be reviewing their packages quite regularily as well.

a400
22nd Aug 2007, 11:21
Suggestion to GF management

All pilots who cancel their resignation should be placed at a weary bottom of seniority list for upgrade or fleet transfer.
Just as appreciation to pilots who stick with GF at bed times.
This move would be nice

skywaytoheaven
22nd Aug 2007, 12:03
That is ridiculous, who could have blamed anyone for resigning? I only stuck with it due to the bond. We should thank the guys who resigned, without them this package would not have happened.

a400
22nd Aug 2007, 12:18
Well GF has long history of people resigning and then coming back on same position or better. :}
Since we do not have union to protect us from thous exhibitionists than management should introduce such rule, as any were in civilized world.
Once you leave queue, you go to the bottom.:{
Either you are in or out no second chance:eek:

tbaylx
22nd Aug 2007, 12:47
Well technically if you've resigned and haven't left yet (ie in your 3 month notice period) you haven't really left the company. In any union environment you'd maintain exactly whatever position you had before.

Now if you've actually left the company for a period of time, then that's a different story. Don't forget though you wouldn't have got this package without all those guys resigning in the first place.

Mach084
22nd Aug 2007, 13:16
a400 you display the maturity and intellect of a garden sprout. Grow up my boy

Sal-e
22nd Aug 2007, 14:00
CI100,
when I joined GF last year, it wasn't all about the money which I thought was still okay at the time and I was happy.
Since then, they've had two increments, the 200BD one and now the significantly larger one announced yesterday. How much happier do you think I am now?
I never planned on staying with GF for 10 years. I made up my mind before I joined that it would be a minimum of around 3 years, in line with the then bond period. That hadn't changed either.
As far as family and lifestyle is concerned, I had factored all that in BEFORE I made the move here. Every pilot should experience an ME airline.
As far as the money is concerned, a dinar more than my joining pay would've been fine. All else had been a welcome and surprising bonus.
Am I sincerely happy? Being a small town boy, I certainly am in the little island kingdom.

salahabuali
22nd Aug 2007, 14:00
Exception to the rule of course is if you are gay or a crook then you jump the queue...

Applications are available at Wendy's for those that are interested.:ok:

Bring your vaseline with you

a400
22nd Aug 2007, 14:18
Mach 84 thous are your words :

Mach084 added to the GF masalama list.
After many many years in GF it's time to move on, I have made some great friends and have had a good career (while it lasted). In all honesty I am sad to see this airline to which I gave the vast majority of my adult life in such a state. I wish GF and all it's employees good luck in future.

I beg to differ, GF is not getting killed, GF is killing it's self. Whatever predicament GF is in is all self inflicted. A result of years of corruption, incompetence and right old abuse.

Mach084 Captain on A330/A340 departing to EY, already submitted resignation

I hope that your bags are packed and one way ticket bought.
I dont understand why are you fightning my idea, are you after all planing to stay in GF. Didn't seames to me that fue Dinars can bought your arse. You and people as you are reason for my proposal but GF alwais can refuse to take you back.

Good luck mate

NTM
22nd Aug 2007, 14:27
a400,
Instead of talking trash, you should thank the Massalama list.
They got you what you have today.

Later,

a400
22nd Aug 2007, 14:34
Well my friend if you are long enough in industry than you should know that this is repetitive scenario in many companies.
Nothing new.
No hard feelings.

Dixons Cider
22nd Aug 2007, 15:17
All pilots who cancel their resignation should be placed at a weary bottom of seniority list for upgrade or fleet transfer.
Just as appreciation to pilots who stick with GF at bed times.

a400
Or how about - we allow those pilots who cancel their resignation to jump ahead of all of us and go to the top the of the seniority list!!

The ONLY reason this package increase has come about is because of the realisation that the large number of resignations that GF were facing was untenable, and that disruptions to the GF schedule and operations were iminent. It would be pure folly to think it was anything less.

I'm not advocationg that those currently serving out their notice period are the white knights riding off into the sunset, just that this package is purely a reactionary measure to the whole recent debacle, which was ironically bought about by the mishandling of the board, and in particular the chairman!

The problem I see is that GF is unfortunately never going to be a market leader. The bigger players in the region are going into battle to entice drivers for their ever expanding fleets, and GF is going to sit in the shadows on the sidelines. If the market drags GF along in this upward trend then good stuff. My concern is that GF will only ever do enough to keep its head above water. If the management team are somehow able to steer the ship away from crisis management, and you end up with something more proactive, I will be the first one to stand up and say well done.

I am really happy for my colleagues that choose to stay with GF and stick it out. This new package is long overdue and deserved. Congratulations. However, does the euphoria and the chest beating I'm seeing on here not make us look a tad fickle. Are we nothing more than prostitutes willing to sell out at a moments notice? Would it be more dignified if we just took the money, said thanks very much, and got on with it?

Personally, my decision to leave is an individual one that no amount of increase will change. Horses for courses.

And a400 - you stick with GF at bed time old chap. Hopefully you will be tucked in nicely, you will sleep like a baby, and you will be cleaned and fed just like you always have from the day you joined GF.

a400
22nd Aug 2007, 17:40
Well. :\
Since you guys don’t like my first suggestion. :{

Then I propose to all pilots who are sating in good old GF and will receive new package, to raze money and put a monument on roundabout in front of OPS, to all pilots who left GF and make a new package possible (maybe in a white marble). :O

Cam’ on babe light my fire.:ok:

salahabuali
22nd Aug 2007, 17:57
I just hope you R/T is better than your writing french princess!

a400
22nd Aug 2007, 18:04
Well I do use 5 diferent languages, how about you.
Maybe you can learn me sixt.

salahabuali
22nd Aug 2007, 18:08
In English when abroad we just speak louder, no thanks, I am saving my saliva for the Pub later.

How about telling us the other languages you speak?

French and.....Gruetzi mitten an!

a400
22nd Aug 2007, 18:23
For knowledge you have to spend some money or some time in university, you would not understand that, see you in Pub mate.
Cheers.

salahabuali
22nd Aug 2007, 18:41
tank u. tank u, bery bery much!:E

CI100
22nd Aug 2007, 21:01
a400

"maybe you learn me sixt" ????????????

Now that's what I call proper English.

while we are at it,.....look up the word "whom" it may come handy in your writing.

I hope you can pass the ICAO english exam coming this march.

Mach084
22nd Aug 2007, 21:30
a400

Just for your information I'm still on the GF masalama list and have no intention of changing my mind. It was never only about the money, when you loose faith in the management and the board that spearheads this airline, it's time to move on.

I wish you and all my good friends who stay on every success.

Mach

a400
22nd Aug 2007, 21:42
My friend I am here to fly plains not to write poetry, if you ever did some flying you should know that in aviation people use FRAZEOLOGY which is not a Standard English language.
You brits went around world to “educate” people so now in London you can hear more Indian English than Standard English. And after so many years in different countries you can speak only English. :ugh:

Shame. How ignorant.