PDA

View Full Version : Gulf Air Massalama List.

Pages : 1 [2]

a400
22nd Aug 2007, 21:47
Mach 0.84

No hard fealings, all the best in your carierr and life.
:ok:

point8four
23rd Aug 2007, 04:30
Obviously English is not one of the 5- reminiscent of a previous poster who was removed a while ago.
Can we return to the topic at hand?

Mephistopheles
23rd Aug 2007, 15:13
Come on guys stop dissing someone's language or grammar. This is supposed to be a forum for pilots not language professors. I may not agree with what a400 posts but it seems a rather cheap shot to hit back at someone's spelling. Perhaps you have nothing else to nail him on?

CI100
23rd Aug 2007, 18:51
Mephistopheles.........Hold on to your horses.......slow down.

You said:

"This is supposed to be a forum for pilots"

a400 is not a real pilot as he flies "plains" Last I checked pilots fly Planes and not plains as a400 is calling it.

midseal
23rd Aug 2007, 19:50
But ofcourse, the ones who fly plains use standard FRAZEOLOGY. Stop making a fool of yourself MATE! (A400). Now that's a shame, How ignorant!:ugh:

stratocumulus
24th Aug 2007, 03:39
Please reconsider...
I would be very interested to read ur poetry habibi:eek:

brassplate
24th Aug 2007, 04:42
a400,
man you talk crap. i'm so looking forward for the english examinations next year so idiots like you would fail and stop making pilots look bad!!!

mogley
24th Aug 2007, 05:07
brassplate, are they finally going to do English tests? & hopefully proper ones & not just for the local boys but there are some other guys who have no idea what they are talking about & are difficult to understand under normal circumstances forget about when the s*** hits the fan.

E Tops
24th Aug 2007, 09:05
You maybe don't get the impression that A400 is taking the mick with his grammar guys:rolleyes:

brassplate
24th Aug 2007, 09:10
yeah, they will be making it compulsory next year for atc and aircrew to pass english. i dare say that at least a third of the rostered gf air crew will not go through.

Dixons Cider
24th Aug 2007, 13:28
Of course they (the ones that shouldn't) will pass the test, a way will be found. A box ticking excercise.

brassplate
24th Aug 2007, 14:32
i had noticed over a couple of past random exams that a priveleged few had access to answers and simply passed when they shouldn't have while the rest of the class studied really hard for that pass. hopefully the english exam will be conducted independantly (and i mean by someone well outside the region) and under normal 'outside' scrutiny standards outside the local mafia web.

Albergineman
24th Aug 2007, 15:48
Well, this is just a sign from the mafia that they are still on although they had lost the VPO position (thanks God, BN and a very sensitive board member :D). You should have seen some mafia's members faces at the last meeting when the VPO was intoducting himself, and about the crawlers, that was ridiculous :ugh:! I am becoming tired of these people complaining, coming with laughing conspiracy theories about new managment and constantly saying that "...we need to get rid of these guys". What a shame! Now the mafia is being broken apart, the management knows who are the guys and they will be "neutralized" in due time.
Wait and see
:ok:

Trader
24th Aug 2007, 15:51
Good luck cheating on the English exam. Is is conducted by limited company's over the internet and involves speaking into a microphone etc all of which is recorded.

Mach084
24th Aug 2007, 16:22
Not to worry the answers will circulate through text message like SEP and Dangerous goods.:E

brassplate
24th Aug 2007, 16:25
hallelujah for that!

shopsywhopsy
24th Aug 2007, 19:10
you would think they would put their phones on silent.........:E

tbaylx
25th Aug 2007, 04:44
Even if you have the answers before hand it won't do you any good, you still have to manage to speak proper english into a phone...unless you're going to bring someone in with you to talk for you and hide him under a long overcoat or something.

And the exams are all conducted by an independant company based in the US. Done over a telephone and internet.

ironbutt57
25th Aug 2007, 05:04
Are you sure they are not through a call center in Bangalore???:}

Laker
25th Aug 2007, 05:21
sorry to veer off topic here but could anybody tell me what the upgrade time should be at Emirates/ Etihad for someone hired in the next 3-6 months?? I'm a Us Airways pilot thinking about making the jump to the ME. 5,500 Total time, and 2,000 in the A320. Thanks!!!

ironbutt57
25th Aug 2007, 05:33
Off topic and thread this is a GF thread....not knowing about Etihad...apply online and see they are starting a 320 operation...but there are loads of high timers 'round these parts...things change weekly at that place as it is growing rapidly...apply online and see what happens

brassplate
26th Aug 2007, 23:00
LMAO...bangalore call centre!! they're getting better though. they actually have american accent tutors.

lovdates
26th Aug 2007, 23:11
indeed u r way off...
anyways EY 3 to 4 years minimum

Noahs Arc
28th Aug 2007, 05:45
Well well well!!!! what are we gonna do now,Etihad is watching very sharpley with there spies in Gulfair Head office how many resignation pull out so they can increase there package.30% sounds good!!!!!!!:p

Cam32
21st Aug 2008, 10:25
Took a while but found it. :E

Albergineman
24th Nov 2009, 19:28
So...

Who is going to resume the list?

:E

budgetbudgie
24th Nov 2009, 21:34
Ok, not flightcrew, but after almost 20 years with the (by now) Golden Chicken,I have joined the "Ma'asalama list":ok:.
"End of block reached".:D

Captain Sensitive
30th Jan 2012, 19:51
Let's revive this memorable list.

Who's gonna resume it?

:ugh:

wingsman
30th Jan 2012, 21:02
Saw it coming gone for a year and 4 months, gulf air mgnt you suck, good luck to all

Landflap
31st Jan 2012, 09:54
The list may no longer be a voluntary resignation scenario as we enter a highly critical week for this once mighty company. Terminations might well be served. A dreadful time to lose one's job with Spanair just hitting the skids too.Career longevity is a thing of the past in this career. Just a few months from hanging up my flying boots but wish you all continued success and professionalism. Did a short spell with GF but loved every second of it.Remember what is on your licence; "Commercial". This is what we do to earn a living.

Captain Sensitive
10th Oct 2012, 10:49
Here I go...

:D

Good luck for all "talented manpower" who will run this charity foundation...

:ugh:

ironbutt57
10th Oct 2012, 10:57
masalaama!!!!!!!!

Tristar
10th Oct 2012, 11:44
Wishing you all the best in all your future endeavors ;)

Bike
10th Oct 2012, 13:37
I left GF a little while ago. Do I still qualify for the list or am I too late :confused:

Che Guevara
10th Oct 2012, 14:24
Never too late, but mind you don't trampled on the way to the fire escape.

Good luck IB, sounds like a good gig!

Landflap
11th Oct 2012, 09:22
Damn, if IB is going, everyone else will follow. Bon chance good people. IB will surface at the top if he stays or goes.

ironbutt57
14th Oct 2012, 05:19
Well..... to be fair, I joined the list prior to any "sizing plan" being announced, just my time to pursue other flying opportunities...

Gordomac
14th Oct 2012, 08:42
All the best IB. Once settled in, find time to post. Always worth reading. Again, GF losing some of the most valuable.Llike in practically all areas of the operation, their loss is someone elses gain. But as Meph & others have said before, nothing will cure the ailing bird until corruption & blatant thieving is curtailed. I don't see that happening for a long time, if ever.

55Jay
15th Oct 2012, 21:38
Is there a connection with this thread and happy sounding expat GF pilots doing in-flight announcements, ending with "Massalama?"

Never heard that said since 1998 that I can recall, granted haven't been on GF in the past 5 months. Did BAH-DXB GF502 this morning (15 Oct) and returning GF515 tonight. Different exapt Captain voices down and back, but both seemed extra cheerful and both ended with Maaasssaaalllama.

ironbutt57
16th Oct 2012, 03:27
Never heard or made a PA ending with Masalaama on any of my flights...:eek:

and...neither one of those Capt's are leaving...must be a coincidence...:ok:

Soft Altitude
16th Oct 2012, 10:40
...Yeah, probably waiting for the hours or ... the notice :E

NG_Kaptain
17th Oct 2012, 15:06
Heard some GF guys are coming over to an unnamed Abu Dhabi airline.