PDA

View Full Version : ANY NEWS ON DAT LATEST?

skynet1008
14th Dec 2001, 16:14
What is the latest news from the Belgian successor of sabena?Its seems all so grim! :confused:

LAVDUMPER
14th Dec 2001, 19:19
Any current DAT Avro drivers want to comment on how things are going?

Will the Avro pilots be sent to Airbus school soon? What is the expectation in terms of hiring Airbus-qualified pilots in?

How are things at DAT currently?

Cheers

FL310
14th Dec 2001, 19:55
Presently everyone is waiting for the "bright" future. The airbusses are further away than they have ever been...

The Guvnor
14th Dec 2001, 19:59
I hear that unless a viable plan (and funding) is presented to the Commercial Court in Brussels on the 18th, then it will be game over for DAT and Sobelair.

In the meantime, private operator VG Airlines has taken delivery of two A330s from Novair.

The Guvnor
14th Dec 2001, 20:57
One of those banks is HSBC - don't know who the other is though I heard that there was a French one that wasn't prepared to play ball?

LAVDUMPER
14th Dec 2001, 21:01
Guv,

The Novair A330s - are they on wet-lease from Novair or did Novair just dump its two A330s (due to lack of charter traffic up North?) and VG Airlines picked them up?

Is Novair shutting down too? Any confirmation of their situation?

What do you know about VG Airlines? Evidently I am not up on the new Belgian airlines...

Cheers

Donkey Duke
14th Dec 2001, 22:13
Lavdumper,

Nice question. No, really.

Thanks, Donkey Duke :cool: :cool:

thewwIIace
16th Dec 2001, 03:13
reliably informed they are to finish on tuesday. they have done a fast one on VEX and stalling for the inevitable next week.