PDA

View Full Version : Cap10b/c

kluge
15th Jun 2007, 10:19
Does anyone have experience flying, owning/operating this aircraft ?

Would appreciate hearing your thoughts and experiences please.

Thank you

K

Flyingcircusace
15th Jun 2007, 12:10
Great Machine, easy to fly and great viz. Side by side seating is great for tuition and touring. Save up and get the C! Have owned a Cap with a broken spar, still a massive fan of the Cap Family, but carbon spars from now on.

OpenCirrus619
15th Jun 2007, 12:17
If you want to give one a try contact Tiger Club (http://www.tigerclub.co.uk)

OC619

'Chuffer' Dandridge
15th Jun 2007, 14:19
A fine machine, and would echo the comments re: the carbon spar (CAP10C). The Tiger Club at Headcorn have one for hire.

If I could afford it, I'd buy one tomorrow!

CD

javelin
16th Jun 2007, 02:59
That means the one in Loop needs a dose of looking at seeing as it has been for sale for 3 years !

Cuillin
17th Jun 2007, 00:10
It has been on sale for 3 years for good reason!

Do a bit of homework on google and find out how much the resparring of the wing would cost along with the limitations that follow. C of A is also due and it hasn't been recovered since new (1976). I suspect an engine that hasn't flown for several years will also need a lot of work doing to it, if not replacing.

The figure we reckoned the owner would have let it go for and the money we would have had to spend on it meant we looked elsewhere.

The aircraft was sitting at Little Gransden last year and AFAIK it is still there collecting dust, rat pee etc in the back of the hangar.

kluge
17th Jun 2007, 04:53
Gents - thank you all for your replies.
I will definately arrange a flight with the Tiger Club when next in UK.

There used to be a CAP/Robin homepage but I can't seem to locate it anymore.

Any ideas of price, new for the CAP10C and rough second hand prices ?

ALso do any of you have a flight comparisons between the Cap 10 and Pitts S2 and Robin 2160 both of which I have type. The Pitts is becomigng a little "hot" as I get older !

Again appreciated

K