PDA

View Full Version : Aircraft Spruce on-line

stiknruda
14th Jun 2007, 13:21
I placed an order for a few bits and pieces on-line with AS&S on Monday night at 2230, delivery via cheapest option.

It arrived here several thousand miles away at 1100 on Wednesday.

Am v impressed!

gcolyer
14th Jun 2007, 13:35
I have ordered bits from the U.S before and paid the cheapest shipping option, and the items arrived in under 24 hours!

How can this happen?? you pay top dollar for UK national delivery and sometimes dont see it for 3 days.:confused:

davidatter708
14th Jun 2007, 14:50
Remember they are 8 hours behind and even more in parts so If you order late at night its still their working day so they will dispatch it the same day they get the order which is the day we have already had
David

gcolyer
14th Jun 2007, 14:54
So if I order mid morning from a UK supplier I should expect to get the delivery within 24 hours....but we all know that never happens unless you pay a small fortune to have the item shipped no more than 700 miles.:uhoh:

stiknruda
14th Jun 2007, 20:03
Remember they are 8 hours behind and even more in parts

Thanks David, I've never been outside Norfolk in my whole life - 8 hours and more - mmmnn Hawaii is lovely this time of year so how far behind in hours not decades is FL/CA?

SkyHawk-N
14th Jun 2007, 20:35
I've never been outside Norfolk in my whole life

I'm afraid it happens, Norfolk - the graveyard of ambition!

TheKentishFledgling
14th Jun 2007, 21:22
How can this happen?? you pay top dollar for UK national delivery and sometimes dont see it for 3 days.

I ordered some stuff from the states a couple of months. Fedex tracker showed it made it from the west coast of the states to depot 12 miles from final delivery address in Kent in under 72 hours. Two weeks at the depot in Kent and in the end I had to go and pick it up as it was needed!

tKF

Vedeneyev
15th Jun 2007, 10:44
When buying stuff from the States, I find some delivery companies charge you for Duty+VAT and some don't. What annoys me is those that do then charge you an admin fee on top. Does anyone know what the correct procedure should be to minimise costs?

gcolyer
15th Jun 2007, 10:48
Ask for it to be gift wrapped or marked as a gift. If they are willing to do that then it will be tax exempt.

Mark 1
15th Jun 2007, 16:35
I think the official cut-off for VAT is around the £30 mark. But some stuff does seem to get through.

I had a tailwheel from ACS sent by USPS, which got picked up by Parcel Force. The tracking showed 3 days from order to arriving in the UK, then another week to get to me - but they did 'forget' the VAT.

Smaller packages seem to be handled by the Post Office with similar inconsistencies on VAT.