PDA

View Full Version : Aeros over Reading

flyingwelshman
11th Jun 2007, 09:47
hi -

Just wondered who was doing Aeros over the west of reading / theale area yesterday afternoon at around 5pm.... some great moves - thanks for the free show! :D :D :D

Finals19
11th Jun 2007, 11:20
If it was a Zlin or a Pitts S2 it may well have been out of White Waltham. The S2 is blue and yellow I think.

Pitts2112
11th Jun 2007, 15:27
If it was worth watching, then a job very well done, especially considering the visibility. With no discernable horizon, it makes it like flying inside a glass of milk. I tried it for about 10 mins on Friday eve and gave up. It took too much brain capacity just to sort out up from down, never mind thinking about the maneuvers and avoiding other aircraft in the haze.

Conditions looked the same on Sun so I didn't even bother taking the airoplane out of the hangar. From the look at the visitors at the Popham Aerobatic Aircraft fly-in, neither did anyone else!

Pitts2112

D SQDRN 97th IOTC
11th Jun 2007, 16:22
I went by someone doing aeros yesterday a couple of miles south of CPT at about 2:15pm local time.

Not sure on a day when the visibility was less than great that it was wise to pick the near vicinity of a VOR beacon to do aeros. (It was fairly busy too......) :=

Does anyboby when doing HASELL checks think how close they are to beacons ?

Blues&twos
11th Jun 2007, 21:37
I live to the north of Reading. Most summer weekends if wx is OK there seem to be aerobatics going on, usually slightly to the north west of my back garden. A couple of years ago the local sky police in our village branded them "hooligan pilots"!!!!

Good work! Keep it up! (Quite literally in fact).:uhoh: