PDA

View Full Version : Regarding the A380

Felix Saddler
11th Jun 2007, 02:24
http://www.airliners.net/open.file?id=1221595&size=L&TopOfYest=yes

What is in that space above the first door? Seams like alot of space without windows?

FS

sinkingship
11th Jun 2007, 03:16
I think it has some crew bunks in that area.
Aside, someone asked is the flight deck upstairs or downstairs, it seems in between to me.

Ace Rimmer
11th Jun 2007, 13:10
Its in between... sort of a mezzanine deck 'bout four or five steps up from the main deck

Felix Saddler
11th Jun 2007, 13:28
Wonder what its like to fly?

Mudfoot
14th Jun 2007, 16:44
Wonder what its like to fly?

Spoke with a test pilot, says it takes off and lands shorter than A340, very docile handling, smooth flt controls. Can't ask for more than that. :D

Cheers, y'all.

MyData
14th Jun 2007, 17:00
When I was onboard one of the prototypes (some time ago now), one of the pilots pointed out that space to me from the upper deck. There was originally a design which had windows in the front of the upper deck and so first class passengers would get a front forward view.

However this had to be dismissed on design grounds because 'something' had to go in that space from the seats to the front. I can't recall for the life of me what it was but it seemed like a valid reason at the time. I don't recall crew compartments, but this could be an option and I'm sure someone here will know where they are...

The cockpit is indeed nestled between both decks, you step up into it. Its quite a good design aesthetically.

And yes, it does handle very very well but there are so many computer controlled control surfaces that this isn't such a surprise.

CV880
16th Jun 2007, 03:18
Some time ago in the A380's evolution the IFE hardware was going to go in this area.

CV880
16th Jun 2007, 22:47
Found a FLIGHT cutaway drawing of the A380 and it shows circuit breakers and an electronics rack for the entertainment systems hardware and another rack for network servers for cabin communications and control plus the crew oxygen bottle in the "hump" forward of the upper deck cabin.

Engine3firehandle
10th Jul 2007, 23:14
A friend is flying it and he says it is like an A330. And he sure knows how all the Airbuses fly...