PDA

View Full Version : DXB runway change at rush hour!

puff m'call
9th Jun 2007, 13:38
Well done to DXB ATC :D Decided to change runway direction last night right at the start of rush hour, great timing..............NOT.

Every man and his dog holding at DESDI and ATC saying " time in the hold undetermined"

Would it not have been better at take the 5kts tailwind on 30R than to change at one of the most busy time? :ugh:

DesertHawk
9th Jun 2007, 15:37
not trying to defend ATC casue i have my frustrations to, as i am sure the ATC boys have theirs about us also.

But...how many times have you landed with excess tailwind component above 10KTS in Dubai??? How many times have u reported 20-30kts tail at 1000ft??? To me I understand your frustration but would rather have ATC trying then leaving a runway that is not favourable.

sbh684b
9th Jun 2007, 17:40
Rather be safe than sorry

fractional
9th Jun 2007, 18:55
Rather be safe than sorry
Totally agreed. Why do we have to complain for each and everything?:confused: I guess it's human nature...

Wiley
10th Jun 2007, 02:17
A close-in hold with a minimum holding height of around 7,000' (a la Lambourne at Heathrow) that serves both runways with approx 20 NM of vectoring ex the hold to touchdown* (*translation = constant descent to touchdown) would minimise the problem of a runway change in busy periods (and a lot of other problems too!).

There's even an aid available for such a hold at DXB - the Sharjah VOR.

Dubai's getting close to being as busy as Heathrow every night during the midnight arrivals rush. If the close-in hold works so well and seamlessly for Heathrow, (arguably the best ATC in the world), why wouldn't it work for Dubai?

jinglied
10th Jun 2007, 04:08
Wiley..

"Heathrow argueably the best ATC in the world"..

I'd argue Chicago, maybe Schipol (haven't been to Schipol in quite some time though).:)

Having said that, yes there's probably a better way to manage the busy periods at Dubai. The second runway would help.

Jinglie'd

atiuta
10th Jun 2007, 04:42
20nm from LAM to LHR? :rolleyes: In a straight line maybe but not the line I ever get to fly.

Still, agree with the comments about closer holds in Dubai. No doubt the controllers would like to see that as well but airspace utilisation is a political animal I'm afraid.

Wiley
10th Jun 2007, 07:54
Oops... that '2' should have been a '3', as in "30 NM". Dyslexic fingers.

Let's not argue about my 'arguably'... whether the best is Heathrow, Shiphol, O'Hare or Kalamazoo, the fact remains that the current holds for Dubai are a disaster, and the marathon cross country vectoring ex the holds, all too often at speeds that demand flap extension, incredibly wasteful in unnecessary fuel burn.

Hands up anyone who hasn't been asked for 160 knots with 15 or 20 miles to run, and sometimes in level flight? (I know the ATCOs do their best to achieve the very do-able 180 to 10, 160 to 4, but it doesn't always work when things start to go pear shaped.)

In a 773 close to MLW, 160 knots involves extending the gear, which is damn near the poor man's fuel jettison switch.

typhoonpilot
10th Jun 2007, 07:59
all too often at speeds that demand flap extension, incredibly wasteful in unnecessary fuel burn.

Hands up anyone who hasn't been asked for 160 knots with 15 or 20 miles to run, and sometimes in level flight? (I know the ATCOs do their best to achieve the very do-able 180 to 10, 160 to 4, but it doesn't always work when things start to go pear shaped.)

In a 773 close to MLW, 160 knots involves extending the gear, which is damn near the poor man's fuel jettison switch.

Agree completely Wiley. Have you seen this (http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=243292&highlight=knot+thread) thread?

Typhoonpilot

BlueSkye
10th Jun 2007, 11:32
Here's a novel thought. Stop arriving all at once and there will be less delays, less vectoring to fit all in, less holding and less fuel burn. I.E. Departure slots and inbound flow control. Sure I've heard about this concept before but just can not put my finger on it.
:ugh:

Fox3snapshot
10th Jun 2007, 13:30
"Heathrow arguably the best ATC in the world"

'I'd argue Chicago, maybe Schipol (haven't been to Schipol in quite some time though).'

Pfffft! :* Lets see how they would go in the middle of holding and sequencing at the busiest time of the night with 2 American P3's operating 'tactical due regard' (i.e. we will do what we want, when we want and how we want) right in the middle of your traffic at FL145, effectively blocking the most critical levels in the most critical areas of the arrival segments. (especially as Emirates needs to be at A100 at 120 DME :E)

Add to this adjacent sectors that we have no dialogue with that feed 3/4's of your traffic, antiquated equipment, disgusting traffic management procedures (i.e none) and no television in the rest room!!!!

A typical daily scenario I might add.

picu
10th Jun 2007, 13:38
and no television in the rest room!!!!

suggest all EK pilots donate 10 Dhs for a fund to buy a TV for the ATCOs. Should be enough to get a 50 inch plasma screen...as long as they invite us over when the footie's on of course!;)

Mr Mugabe
10th Jun 2007, 14:02
I landed at 22:15 local and it was relatively quiet i.e. no dirty dives, speed increases followed by decreases, 160 knots till 0 DME etc etc. Passed to the tower that the wind at 200' was 170 at 10. If that is not a heads up then what is :ugh:

Fox3snapshot
10th Jun 2007, 14:17
:ok: Good plan, any chance of a beer fridge as well? :E

AirNoServicesAustralia
10th Jun 2007, 14:48
I'd settle for the odd upgrade, some ID 75 tickets, and the odd ride in the Jumpseat for some famil flights.
Seriously though as has been said a million times on here, surely it is time to get famil flights up and running again. We have tried from our (ATC) side, and nothing has come of it. Maybe if someone reading this has some pull somewhere with Emirates (or any other of the local airlines, except RAK air, no thanks have a family) they could see what they could do. A lot of these things would be fixed or at least understood over a few hours together in the cockpit, and maybe a few shniffters (as Foxy would say) after getting back.
That's not to say the odd upgrade wouldn't go astray.... memories of the good old days flood back.

jinglied
10th Jun 2007, 15:20
Fox3Snapshot...

Pfft, dohh... Right back at ya..

Been there, done that. In a P3, due regard, in Dutch AND Brit airspace. If there was EVER an issue, they sure never told us in the post trip debriefing. (Not Schipol or O'Hare, but yes right next door to Heathrow) VERY straight forward is all I can say. :}

If there is a return to Jump Seat famil flight's fer ya'll, more than welcome on my flight. But...this is Emirates, I don't see it happening soon. No profit potential.:(

JInglie'd

Wiley
10th Jun 2007, 15:39
NASA, I understood that famil flights were approved quite some time ago by EK's Chief Pilot, H al H. If this is so, I can't think why they haven't gone ahead unless the holdup is at your end.

Fox3, no one, certainly not me, is trying to sling off at the undoubted abilities of the individual controllers who work Emirates and Dubai App/Twr. My point was - and is - that the SYSTEM at Heathrow is also vey good, allowing the controllers there - (who are also very good) - to run a very efficient operation.

What's particularly good from a pilot's perspective is the close in holding patterns at Heathrow. The innermost one for traffic inbound from the East is Lambourne, (there are others, further out, wich are only used if Lambourne fills up), which usually allows all incoming traffic to maintain clean speed until the start of the base turn.

Some 777 pilots offer the Heathrow App controllers their min clean speed when first checking in. Some Heathrow controllers (not all) note this and allow them to maintain that speed until the final turn. (230 k instead of the standard 220 k ex Lambourne.)

The close in hold works a treat - for all concerned. the pilots get to save some fuel, the controllers have a lot of flexibility with the easily stretchable 'S' turn from Lambourne to touchdown. With a minimum holding altitude of 7,000' and a miles to run from the hold of approx 30 miles, this usually allows a very comfortable decelleration and 'dirty up' without dragging the aircraft in - sometimes with gear down and in level flight - which all too often is the case into Dubai.

A hold over the Sharjah VOR with a min holding alt of 7000' would not interfere with arrivals and departures at Sharjah. (Granted, it would require an amendment to some DXB SIDS.) It would also provide the DXB APP controllers with almost the same flexibility as LAM does the Heathrow controllers - and would involve far less of a fiddle for all concerned is the runway had to be changed in the middle of the nighty rush hour.

Dct no speed
10th Jun 2007, 16:54
We do not have a lucky draw to determine at what time to change a runway. I comes after the "tailwind on final call" or MET man normally covers all his bases when asked what the wind will do so no real heads-up here either.

Not helping:

All ariving at the same time
All departing at the same time
All complaining at the same time
Not wanting to be delayed outbound
Not wanting to be delayed inbound
Work in progress leaving limited taxiways open only 1 to the holding point
Restrictions on outbound traffic making finding parking for all as difficult as finding a upgrade on an Emirates flight (10min Riket 5 min Maxmo 5 min Gidis no more Papar no agreement on inbounds from Darax,)
Airline Operations calling about each and every plane holding and wanting a reason for it(controller ammusement it seems is not a good enough reason)
Only one downwind
No close in holds
and NO COFFEE MACHINE IN THE CONTROL CENTER

The UAE Area boys have to kill a snake in a telephone booth with a golf club as a friend always say. No space for an error or any room to work with. Dubai have to control with one eye close on Noah's radar with one hand behind the back and I think comparing us with Heatrow an Chicago is a bit far-fetched( Just remember they have been in this game far longer than the GCAA or DCA or SERCO and they have a thing called slots vs OPEN SKIES policy here.)

Tell you guys another little secret; a number of our local talent here have never worked parrallel runway operations and the idea scares the are :mad: out of them. The new opening will be interesting with all the new taxiway conflictions. Standby for accidental crossings of active runways by guys getting confused with where to go and where to stop.

EK Boys Stop complaining about the waste of fuel you Dont pay for it with your Platinium Card do you?

Now let see, odds we change the runway evens we don't ......the dyce rolls the runway will....

Changing a runway near you soon
Dct no Speed

4HolerPoler
10th Jun 2007, 18:44
I heard two guys ask a local controller in Dubai for an EAT the other night; one of them asked twice. He just ignored them - silence. And it wasn't even busy.

Just an observation. That I wouldn't be able to make about Heathrow or Schipol.

4HP

AirNoServicesAustralia
10th Jun 2007, 19:24
Ok you guys tell me how we can give an EAT that is anywhere near accurate when the following is going on:

1. The runway is being changed so the Dubai boys and girls have an airshow going on trying to clear up the last of the ones landing on the old runway, while juggling the ones that have already got in their airspace before we at the ACC could hold everyone.

2. We have at least a dozen aircraft in the hold on the West and probably 5 or 6 in the hold to the East with a few stragglers coming in from the North and the odd domestic one from AUH/FUJ/RAK.

3. We may have to give 15 or 20 or 25 NM's depending on dpeartures (ie. Dubai can't keep landing guys without departing some or there will be nowhere to park the planes.

4. We are up to our eyeballs with R/T and we have no automated flow tools, so we have to first find the time to work out which number to land you are when we aren't even talking to half the aircraft (ie. they are holding on the other side).

5. A couple of go arounds which is common with the one runway and Dubai trying to squeeze out the departures very tightly due to the above mentioned reason, means all the spacing is forgotten and we go back to holding until advised while the mess is again cleaned up.

Bottom line we will tell you if we possibly can, but to be honest when we have that many aircraft all having to be stepped down in the hold, along with all the extra aircraft coming to us from Tehran that are already below what aircraft are holding at, due to the requirement for Tehran to descend aircraft to FL230 or FL250 or FL270 20NM NW ORSAR (not great when the top of the stack is at FL300!!), we are completely snowed under, so unless you are anywhere near fuel critical, please try not to ask us for an EAT. If I get asked I will always give a time, as I am required to, but it probably will have dark tinge of brown to it, cos you know where I plucked it from just to shut you up, so I can get that next aircraft out of the hold and not blow out the next space.

Also as Fox said, the US Military P3's decide that since DESDI is close to the Iranian islands it is a good place to stooge around and FL155 is a good level to do that, and since they fly due regard, they will talk to us if they feel like it and will tell us that they are changing level or turning if they feel like it.

I hope that paints a bit of a picture for all of you.

Things that everyone could do to help.

1. Give us your level passing and cleared level on first contact.
2. Always use a callsign...ALWAYS.
3. Listen out, and know your callsign, so as not to answer another aircrafts descent clearance. Pretty important in the above mentioned towering holding stack.
4. Not ask the reason for the hold when it is between 10.30pm and 2.30am local. It must be pretty obvious by now the reason for the hold, that is, too many bloody aircraft and not enough runways/sectors/controllers/decent procedures/coffee.:ok:

Dct no speed
11th Jun 2007, 11:44
Things that everyone could do to help.

Make a donation to the Coffee machine fund!:ok:

DNS

AirNoServicesAustralia
11th Jun 2007, 13:24
I want to take issue with what you said in your post. OK

Firstly you say "it wasn't even busy". How do you know? Do you think that R/T is the be all and end all of our job. He may have had an airworker or air test flight wanting to do something strange and he was up to his eyeballs with the military and all units around him trying to negotiate a clearance for this guy. He may have had strips piling up for pending flights that he had to assess before putting in his board. He may have been trying to help out one of his fellow controllers while doing his own job due to short staffing. There are a million reasons a controller can be busy and sound quiet on the R/T.The radio was quiet; it was 3 in the morning with only three a/c in the hold at DESDI; these were arrivals, directed to the hold.

Secondly you say it was just an observation but it was clearly a dig at us controllers in the UAE No, I wasn't generalizing, keep your hair on. The guy was plain rude - if he didn't want to thumb-suck an EAT then he should say "undetermined. Pilots ask for an EAT because they need to plan ahead., when you said that you wouldn't hear a request for an EAT go unanswered at some other major airports. I just want to point out that at those airports they will have proper flow that tells them not only the order of the sequence but also the landing time of each aircraft. We have neither. The reason a request (3 in the space of as many minutes)may go unanswered is because if we do make an asse pluck and it turns out to be wrong, which it will be 90% of the time, we will cop it from the pilot and if it goes further from our superiors. But again I ask you seriously what should we do. ? We do the best job we can with the equipment and manpower available to us. Agreed. The Gulf as a whole is at least 100 controllers short (to put that in perspective there is roughly 300 controller of all shapes and varieties in the Gulf so that means we are 25% short), and it will only get worse as the dollar depreciates further and the traffic continues to climb. We keep the aircraft apart, and try to provide as best service as we can to our customers, you the pilots. There are some things though that you may expect in other better resourced parts of the world, that sadly you cannot expect here. So when you go into the hold and fuel is an issue, rather than asking me for an EAT, the most useful piece of information for me will be a latest divert time and alternate.You would understand what I'm talking about. Most wouldn't & the arrogant would ask me for my intentions. Now I'm generalizing.

I should have added to the things that can be done to help us, and probably the most important of all,

6. Carry enough fuel to hold for at least 30 minutes and then some, if flying into Dubai or Sharjah between 10.30pm and 2.30am. The way the traffic is going it may also be an idea to expect holding between 3.30am and 5.30am from Asia inbound to Dubai from the East, and between 6.00am and 7.00am from the West.Good advice. I'm not beating up on controllers & certainly didn't intend to flame the DXB controllers as a group. This guy was just out-of-line. 4HP

AirNoServicesAustralia
11th Jun 2007, 17:43
Sorry you think it's hot air. Ah well.:\

plt330
11th Jun 2007, 21:33
AirNoServicesAustralia,

don't bother man those guys think they are perfect as if they never made a mistake and they will never do any.
they think their job is the best. Another word they are loosers.

keep discovering

4HolerPoler
11th Jun 2007, 21:51
Guys if this thread is going to degenerate into a flame war between pilots & controllers then I'm going to close it down. That serves no purpose.

4HP

AirNoServicesAustralia
12th Jun 2007, 04:28
I hope this doesn't deteriorate as I think it helps all of us understand each others jobs a bit better. Some will see this as hot air but they don't have to read it if they don't want to.

4HP you originally said And it wasn't even busy.

and then said The radio was quiet; it was 3 in the morning with only three a/c in the hold at DESDI; these were arrivals, directed to the hold.

In most western busy airports and the related control centres, they have the staff to have dedicated planners and dedicated executive controllers. We don't, therefore we have to fill both roles, meaning we not only talk to and control aircraft, but also are on the phone to Dubai App negotiating spacing etc. We also are busy trying to plan our traffic and the levels they want and see if we can accomodate. We also are coordinating with all the surrounding FIR's (Tehran is a nightmare, but we have to persist taking up time that could be spent working out EAT's). So when you say the radio is quiet that does not mean we are not busy. Also at 3am we are generally very busy as that is one of our busiest times with a rush of departures from Qatar crossing with all the Dubai and Abu Dhabi departures and converging with all our overflyers along with having to deal with the departure rush out of Dubai and Sharjah for traffic going East. Bottom line is the guys probably was not quiet, even though the radio sounded like it.

Maybe a trip down to Abu Dhabi to visit the ACC would be of value for everyone, preferably between 1030 and 1230 on a nightshift, so hopefully you might see what we see and the cluster f**k that ensues each night here. It may then help explain why the same guy that handled that, may be a bit rude later on at 3am, and not respond to the request for EAT's as he should.

Sorry if I seemed overly defensive but we all get truly sick of hearing how Heathrow does it this way and Gatwick does it that way, and why can't we be like them. We have 6 or 7 guys on a shift handling about 500 movements a shift, with no flow system to help us, late ugly transfers from Tehran, and a building site for a major airport, with one runway and 15% annual growth in traffic still with an archaic radar system. Next time you are in the UK and want to know why things go smoothly there ask the controller how many controllers are on his shift in relation to the number of movements handled. Ask him what it would be like there if there weren't slot times for departures and arrivals, and what it would be like if you had no control over the aircraft until 100NM's from the airport, and if you need to change something with that neigbouring FIR you have to spend 10 minutes with the phone ringing only for the cleaner to answer it. Ask him if he would like to control all the airlines that have been banned from operating in Europe, the ones that can't speak English, don't know what Indicated Air Speed is, and who descend to the heading that you give them. Ask him how he would like those aircraft in the middle of a 15 aircraft sequence.

:ugh:

BlueSkye
12th Jun 2007, 04:47
I don't think this thread is a war between pilots and controllers. The underlying tone of this whole thing is that the entire Dubai airport and all its associated services (EK included) are managed by rank amateurs. Everybody and his dog is trying to re-invent the wheel at this place. I hear people speak of hub-and-spoke, open skies, free flight, yap yap yap etc. All fare and well but DO NOT bleat about fuel burn, severe speed restrictions, huge taxi times, snaking emigration lines and what have you when the cause for this monumental :mad:-up lies at the door of Emirates Airlines (the owners) itself.

If you want an "Open Skies Policy" make sure you have an "Open Wallet Policy" in place to cover for the fuel loss on your one hour taxi to the holding point, or your time spent flying around your own arse only to divert to RAK.

I am amazed at times how Dubai and her rulers trumpet to world the progress they have made in 30 odd years (and they have), but then you look at how it manages its airport and I can't help but think that they try to run an Olympic 400m hurdles race when the diapers only came off yesterday. Vision is one thing but blind ambition is precisely what it is, blind.

Wiley
12th Jun 2007, 07:05
Sadly, Blue Skye is distressingly close to the mark with this comments, as is Seaman Staynes.

NASA, you continue to take personally criticism of the sadly inadequate system you work in.

Fact: Heathrow/Gatwick do it better.

Fact: As you say, this is because they have a proper SYSTEM in place.

Fact: Particularly during the midnight rush hours, Dubai is getting to be every bit as busy as Heathrow and Gatwick.

Fact: The Dubai/Abu Dhabi ATC SYSTEM, (not the individual controllers), isn’t coping as well with this high volume of traffic. Your system needs fixing, and the men controlling the purse strings need to be convinced they have to spend some money.

I’m not trying to be an arse licking, goodie two shoes company man in trying to save fuel in the descent. I’m wingeing out of pure self-interest, for yet another fact is that it’s not always possible to carry "LOTS" of extra fuel when inbound to Dubai, and if put into the hold, a captain has pick a minimum fuel figure with which to divert, (or if he has ‘committed’ to Dubai, at which he has to say “I need to start my approach right NOW!”).

Another fact is that with Dubai’s remote holding patterns and the “magical mystery tours” at who knows what speed that we are forced to take after leaving the hold, it’s almost impossible to guess how much fuel you’re going to burn between leaving the hold and touchdown.

...and from an “end user’s” point of view, THAT’S what’s wrong with the present system.

radioexcel
12th Jun 2007, 19:50
Fact: The Dubai/Abu Dhabi ATC SYSTEM, (not the individual controllers), isn’t coping as well with this high volume of traffic. Your system needs fixing, and the men controlling the purse strings need to be convinced they have to spend some money.[/COLOR][/COLOR]

The "NEW" Abu Dhabi radar display system which started operation during the end of last year (2006), was ordered in 1994!!!! 12 years after the spec's was accepted!!

If you compare it to the eurocat 2000 system (replaced by the Eurocat X in 2004) which was used us SA from 1996 to 2003, ..... ??? there is no comparisson. It is planely sh...t.

Wiley, you are 100% correct.:ok: The UAE does not even have an integrated system between the 6 major airports.(OMAA,OMDB,OMSJ,OMRK,OMFJ,OMAL) The money is here(or so the say), but each airport/ATC centre has a different operating system, not compatable with the other. So what do you expect???

I think the controllers are doing their best with whatever is available to them to handle the amount of traffic on a daily basis....not forgetting the rules applicable to this region.(which are plenty):)

So, tell this to the authorities with the $$$$ in hand!!!

Stop stalling on contracts!
Stop accepting the cheapest tender! (AUH new DVOR system???)
Upgrade ATC systems at least every 4 to 5 years to keep up with technology!
Link the whole Gulf area into one/same radar operating system!

RE

Fox3snapshot
12th Jun 2007, 20:56
According to all the latest international journals (Flight International and the like) ,National and International press releases and of course Middle East Business periodicals....THE UAE WILL BE THE HUB OF THE WORLD FOR AVIATION.

More realistically will be the hub for all the air safety investigators in the world to accumulate when two bang together...that is the long and the short of it.

The agenda we all have to work under....

Flight Deck: Flown till they can fly no more. :zzz:
Cabin Crew: Used and abused. :sad:
Engineers: Keep them flying or we will send you home. :=
Support Staff: Take the abuse, its part of your job. :{
ATC: International conventions and safety standards, when practicable :uhoh:

Management and the Regulators: Yes we agree to all the above. :ok:

plt330
13th Jun 2007, 01:27
ladies, please
Leave if you are not happy and stop bitching

radioexcel
13th Jun 2007, 07:48
Hey plt330....

This is the typical answer you expect from a local driver!!

"If you are not happy...leave"

Sorry pal, wrong answer. Talk to your friends and raise the standards if you want to compete with the rest of the world!!:ok:

It is guys like you who always complain on frequency. Improve the facility to enable ATC to provide you with a beter service and there will be less complaints.

Oh, by the way.....I am:E
Enough is enough!!

jinglied
13th Jun 2007, 09:34
PLt 330..

Ya right, walk away from the problem rather than admit your shortcomings and FIX IT!!

This is a great thread as far as I am concerned. Good input from controllers especially. Without question there are lots of improvememnts needed here. As was mentioned earlier, it might take a "bang" in the sky before the big boys here decide to get their collective ****e together and spend the money on facilities and people.

Jinglie'd

BIKKERDENNAH
13th Jun 2007, 10:33
Nothing will ever be done about anything here!!

Minimum expenditure to keep things on the move for today. THAT is it. Tight as ducks arseholes and lots of PR PIFF PAFF!!!!

A bang in the sky!! SO WHAT nothing will be done even then!!! its already factored into dollars and cents!!:ugh:

It will hurt the airline for a while but they will move on and it will be CHAOS as usual!! With a bit of finger pointing and a handful of sackings!!

Then the slow gradual decline to Gulf Air levels will begin!!

The writing is on the wall!!

I am relatively happy here but you must have an exit strategy when the inevitable slow decline accelerates!!

Talking of tight as ducks arseholes no mention of education allowances or Utilities allowance. No increases then!!:ok:

plt330
13th Jun 2007, 17:27
radioexcel ,

I say again

LEAVE !
jinglied,
totally agree with what you said but you know what this is the worng place to bitch..

If you are really concern why don’t you write to the GCAA or the company about it and don’t give me the excuse that everyone is giving that no one will listen to you. If you guys write as much to the company and the GCAA about your worries as much as you write here I think or I should say I’m sure this company would have lesser problems.

But what really pisses me off is when someone has a strong case and instead of complaining to the right people he comes here and bitch and say bad things about emirates and Dubai

… My friend even where you come from is not perfect and I agree with a lot of people that emirates used to be better and there are a lot of things and areas could have been done better but I say again without your inputs to the right people nothing will change. There are many guys here say why should I be bothered I’m only here for 3 or 4 max 5 and then I will leave.
That's why we are going down !!

Cheers

Keep Discovering

AirNoServicesAustralia
13th Jun 2007, 18:56
plt330, you really do know less than I thought you did if you really think writing to the GCAA will help. Believe me I have written and spoken to people who could and should change things until I am blue in the face, and nothing is done. Nothing is done until god forbid the worst happens as Foxy said, and then something will be done. Until then everyones head remains firmly buried in the sand. Lucky for them there is a lot of sand. The change needed here requires huge money to be spent, and that would reduce the almighty profits, and that just isn't going to happen.

So, we will continue to be not as good as Heathrow etc. and we will all just have to do our best, and hope our best proves to be good enough.

radioexcel
13th Jun 2007, 19:28
Give a man a tool, and he can perform his duties. Give him s....t and he keeps looking for the tool.
PLT330, being here in the gulf for more that 6 years, I have decided that irrespective what you do or say, it is farting against thunder!!:ugh:)

Your advice is taken!!!! thank you:E

This forum as I see it, is supposed to be a bitching/help/informative forum??? This is how this thread originally started by "puff m'call". So what are you actually saying???:confused:

Everyone reading PPrune needs to find out what is going on in the aviation industry?? or am I wrong??:confused:

All I am trying to say is that the people in authority of this country should speak to their colleagues in authority in the next emirate, and by chance, they could reach the same goal and improve the system so that you MR PLT330 and I can and will able to serve the general public with the service they expect to get in the UAE.
As ANSA said, irrespective of what we(the ATC's here in the Gulf) write or say, NOTHING is taken seriously and nothing will be done. BUT when the big boys talk(that is now you and our flying partners), then somehing will be done.
RE