PDA

View Full Version : E170/5 E190/5 Pilot Reports...

F4F
8th Jun 2007, 21:12
Had some talks with my colleagues recently about "modern" aeroplanes.
The Embraer serie came to mind (forget the old A320 and such, even the 787 looks plenty outdated with, amongst others, its masculine American control column) and we just wondered what you Salsa Jockeys were thinking of the beast, infos of interest would be handling, pilot/plane interface and such... any inputs?

fatboy slim
9th Jun 2007, 09:00
The most modern and innovative kit is often on the biz jets, G5 etc

Maude Charlee
11th Jun 2007, 11:45
Agree with fatboy slim. See if you can find the recent Flight International feature on the Falcon 7X - reads like a beautiful bit of kit from a human/machine interface point of view.

F4F
12th Jun 2007, 19:15
Still wonder how the "big" EMB is handling, noise level on the FDK, performance, hand flying, general feeling for us, eventual pilots, is?

Any current pilot to share a thought or two :cool:

live 2 fly 2 live

FE Hoppy
13th Jun 2007, 09:57
Just to give you a hint.
One of our former clients is moving from the E170 to B738 due to company re-alignment.
The pilots call the 73 type rating course the "Embraer appreciation course".
So It can't be too bad!

chasing767
13th Jun 2007, 21:32
I happen to drive it now.
a really nice toy. not that quiet as I expected to be at Flight Deck - anyway it's slightly worse than 737.
handling- well, it is a fly - by-wire device and it behaves strange to me from time to time , still safe though. it is like a 0 -1 inputs way of autoflying during some stages of flight ( i.e. LOC capture ) and funny robot-like moves when bank is to be increased.
some performance data:
M 0.82
FL410 which is ,honestly, used ocasionally 'cause it is pretty hard to get so high even when half loaded ( 30 tons vs 36 MTOW , more less as it is too late to look for detailed data in the book for E170 and 32 vs 39 tons for E175).

on general there were plenty of software problems with SHE but it is long since fixed - at least it seems so to me.

for the time being - You would find it interesting to operate . there are some really pilot friendly devices on board.
nav/com freqs entered directly from keypad etc.
the most modern cockpit in the airline industry so far.( I know G V VII etc....- but they are all bussiness to me not the airline gear)

hope this helps as it is too late for me to write more about.

kuobin
18th Jun 2010, 02:19
They have too much unnecessary complication.