View Full Version : MAN Ground Movements

monkeyboy
8th Jun 2007, 13:24
Hello all. Can some kind chap/chapess please explain to a simpleton like me what has happened to ground movements at MAN recently?

This morning, we arrived back from a night flight only to be greeted by lengthy delays both in the hold at Dayne and then waiting to cross 05L.

The poor guy on tower did try to explain the reason for the delays but we were too tired for it to sink in...sorry!

Ta :8

MB

Mooncrest
8th Jun 2007, 14:11
I was last there a fortnight ago and there were works in progress around the end of Pier C. Could be something to do with that. Some aircraft bound for T" were waiting 20-30 minutes to get to their stands. I believe there may have been stand congestion at T2 also which wouldn't help. I s'pose a phone call to MAN ATC might help.

Scottie Dog
8th Jun 2007, 17:51
As an aside to the origina post, can I ask what has happened with regards to the holding points for 05L on the southside?

The previous BZ1/DZ1 etc holds have been removed and are now situated at the old BZ2/DZ2 points, and yet on the northside there are still the CAT1 & CAT2 holds.

Is this anything to do with the line of sight when looking down toward the 05L threshold, and thus requiring additional (safety) clearance from the actve runway?

Just inquisitive.

Scottie Dog

chiglet
8th Jun 2007, 22:00
There are ony two crossing points available at the mo...and twy Kilo is shut too. So along with the wip off the "30s" stands [leading into T2], 650+ movements...we are doing our best...honest:ok:
watp,iktch

javelin
9th Jun 2007, 08:59
Various rumours abound about all the ramp work. Can anyone offer the real reason why at the beginning of the busy season, half the concrete is up ?

AeroMANC
15th Jun 2007, 21:48
The orginal Zulu holds on the southside of 05L-23R, were Visual Holds, used only in easterly dual runway operations when 05L was the departure runway (75m from runway centreline?). They were always a bit too close to the runway in my opinion. The renaming of the old Z2's to Z1's was to standardise the concept that the closest stopbar to the runway will be a number 1, as per the northside of 05L-23R. The new Z1's are CATI/II/III holds.

Looks like they buggered up the plates though!