PDA

View Full Version : Spamfield 2007

flexy
7th Jun 2007, 14:49
Are any of you microlight types tootling down to Sandown this year? If so and if anyone is going from cambridge area let me know which route you are going and we might make a formation out of it!

Barshifter
7th Jun 2007, 18:40
Yes I'l be there.Coming down the west side this year.

Pitts2112
7th Jun 2007, 22:30
Not intending to start anything but after watching the fun in the circuit at Popham's microlight fair, could you let us know the date of the Sandown gathering?

Pitts2112

Rans Flyer
8th Jun 2007, 06:47
15,16 & 17th June.
There should be 500 + going.
Cant wait ;)

powerless
8th Jun 2007, 16:43
Just a reminder that as always you are welcome to stop off at the Gliding Centre at Husbands Bosworth where good food and amenities are available. Please ring 01858 880 521 or email [email protected] for details before arriving.

G-APDK
8th Jun 2007, 21:41
As a friendly alternative to Spamfield join us at the Air-Britain & PFA Classic Fly-In at North Weald (www.airbritainflyin.co.uk) next weekend, All PPRuNEs welcome
G-APDK

trevs99uk
9th Jun 2007, 10:21
Spamfield.
Beware sunday is more like a leaving day with aircraft starting to depart early morning.

Also this year there is a large contingent of microlights/permit aircraft coming in from Europe with 54 belgium,s due to pass through Headcorn on the friday.

Will be departing Sandown on the sunday for N.Weald myself..

trevor
g-tskd

Fried_Chicken
15th Jun 2007, 18:54
Doesn't look like the Weather is going to play nicely for this years event :*

Fried Chicken

bunnywabbit
15th Jun 2007, 21:02
Its not looking too good I fly from Bembridge to go to work and when I get to work I fly AGAIN! I will have to consider Red Funnel or Wightlink this weekend. I hope the WX does not f... the whole weekend for you guys. PS bring lots of money to spend on the IOW it does help the local economy. On a more professional note the hills to the south and north do clag in sometimes if you go via Newport in the centre of the island you can get in the Arreton Valley leading to Sandown its flat. This is advice only with local knowledge!!!

Barshifter
15th Jun 2007, 23:10
Sadly weve had to pull out for this year.300 miles in the rain by flexwing is no fun.
For those who were there last year here's a picture.
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f84/Barshifter/spamfield1.jpg

Mad Girl
16th Jun 2007, 07:23
I was going to do my first NAV session this weekend. And as a "reward" for working so hard :8, it was going to be a landaway to....Sandown.

I found out during the week that it was Notamed shut for GA. :sad:

Hope you guys have fun - but now we've got to find somewhere else to go.

........After, I'd already planned the route on the chart............filled in some of the plog............... got the airfield data from the AIP.......... looked at Virtual earth to have a good look at the area as I've never landed anywhere other than my home field.......... :ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh: