View Full Version : Irish ATC?

goblin airways
7th Jun 2007, 14:47
Hi all,

At the moment I am down in the sunny south (near enough,) working for that most large of ATC organisations that shall remain nameless..:)
But my wife originally hails from Ireland and is now thinking about finally returning home. Just wondering if anyone knows how to go about looking for ATC jobs over there, or even if there is any going? (I tried the IAA site, but did not seem to get anywhere.)
Have a valid tower and approach radar ticket at present.

Ta muchly,
:)

the dean
7th Jun 2007, 15:22
hi goblin,

you could try send a c.v to : director of human resourses, the irish aviation authority, aviation house, hawkins street, dublin 2.

forgotten how to pm but i will try and figure it out and send you a litlte more that may be of help.i am not an air traffic controller...but a pilot.

good luck.:ok:

the dean.

54north15west
7th Jun 2007, 17:42
The Deans info is good...failing that the regional airports in Ireland hire their own staff and are fairly buggered for staff at the moment...with tower and approach you would be perfect for em.....only downside is the pay aint as good as Iaa state controllers

Walk the line
7th Jun 2007, 17:46
Check your PM's

JAEB
26th Jun 2007, 10:18
If airports in Ireland need staff does anyone know whether a controller with New Zealand tower and procedural approach ratings would be likely to have any chance of finding a job over there. Also would they recognise overseas licences and experience or require retraining from scratch?
JAEB

west atc
27th Jun 2007, 03:05
I have also been wondering about returning to Ireland to work. I was born in Ireland so have no issues with work visas. I have 11 years experience with enroute procedural and radar and arrivals radar.

The main question i have is are prior qualifications recognised or do you have to retrain. Financially it would not be worth to retrain unless you can get a boost up the salary scales.

Please PM if you can help me.

beamwidth
27th Jun 2007, 09:23
my understanding is that the iaa is committed to its cadet program as its recruitment tool. this would mean starting from scratch if you wanted to work at eidw/einn/eick towers or the centres at dublin and shannon.
the internal rumour is that there will be 2 cadet course for late this year or early next year, with the positions being advertised in the autumn.
as for the regional airports, its probably best to make direct contact - most have web sites with contact info. Knock Ireland West ( eikn ) may be a good place to start.

the dean
27th Jun 2007, 10:43
all sounds right...but as i said before...try a C V to the irish aviation authority ...address as quoted in my last post..

worth trying...you never know...

good luck...

dean.:ok: