PDA

View Full Version : Photos in logbooks

stiknruda
6th Jun 2007, 16:22
Following on from Mike Cross's post about the ANO not saying what you can't put in your logbook, in another thread...........

I know of a couple of other pilots who paste photos of fun aircraft that they've flown in their logbooks.

How many more of us are there out there?

Stik

Floppy Link
6th Jun 2007, 18:50
yep.
got all sorts of photies in them.

TheKentishFledgling
8th Jun 2007, 10:04
Yup, I do similar.

I THINK I've a photo of every a/c I've flown / flown in. Special ones go in the logbook.

tKF

fusian
8th Jun 2007, 13:10
never thought of putting photos in there, i have another logbook/training record for that.

JW411
8th Jun 2007, 18:20
I have also put photographs in my RAF and civilian logbooks over the years. I remember going up to the CAA in Kingsway (long before the Belgrano) to have something mildly complicated done to my UK ATPL on the basis of what I had been doing in the States on my FAA ATR.

My logbooks disappeared into a back room for assessment and I sat there for ages waiting my turn. I was getting quite worried when two young men came out of the back room and apologised for taking so long.

They freely admitted that they had been enjoying the photos and that that was the only reason for the delay!

SKYYACHT
19th Jun 2007, 12:54
I managed to collect quite a number of different types, airfields and locations (as well as hours) from all over the world flying light aeroplanes. I invested in a CAA Professional Logbook, and invested in a nice leather cover. I then transposed every flight (including gliding and military flights which I wrote up in green ink) since I started my PPL. I pasted in photos taken of first solo, and interesting flights and aeroplanes. I still keep this book up to date, and still include decent photos. Yes, the CAA would be surprised to see it - but in the event of a loss of my normal book it still counts.

Have fun out there!

Justiciar
19th Jun 2007, 17:53
Stik:
I was a bit surprised to see the picture of that nice twin in your logbook! Not a bad idea at all. I guess the ANO and JAA only says what you have to have in the log book not what you shouldn't have :E

Whirlybird
19th Jun 2007, 20:17
I've got loads of photos in mine, mainly of aircraft I've flown, but sometimes of places I've been too - lots of French airfields and things like that. The CAA doesn't seem to mind.

youngskywalker
20th Jun 2007, 09:25
It's youre 'personal flying log book', so put in it what you like! I have a leather cover on mine and have a couple of pics on the inside of both sleeves. On another note slightly off topic, any of you do a monthly/ quaterly or annual summary of flying hours? The RAF do and it seemed like a good idea to me. If I remember rightly they have a stamp for the log book so that you can fill in the summary.

stiknruda
20th Jun 2007, 10:17
I do an annual summary across types, then; singles, multis and tailwheel.
It makes insurance apps pretty straightfwd!

sternone
20th Jun 2007, 17:11
Sorry, i don't get it, how do you put photo's in your logbook ? You glue them on a page that you don't use to write in ? or you glue a picture and then skip the lines to write logs ?

TheKentishFledgling
20th Jun 2007, 22:38
You glue them on a page that you don't use to write in ? or you glue a picture and then skip the lines to write logs ?

If need be, yes. Or miss a page and stick the photos in with glue. Or miss five pages and stick photos over the five pages. It's YOUR logbook.

tKF

Whirlybird
21st Jun 2007, 00:21
I print out tiny little pics and stick them in the bits of logbook that don't get used - columns for multi engine flying etc. But you can do whatever you like.

sternone
21st Jun 2007, 10:25
If need be, yes. Or miss a page and stick the photos in with glue. Or miss five pages and stick photos over the five pages. It's YOUR logbook.

You mean the personal logbook issued and delivered by my goverment ?

Choxolate
21st Jun 2007, 10:39
In the UK you buy your own (in an approved format)

sternone
21st Jun 2007, 17:04
In the UK you buy your own (in an approved format)

Ah ok, now i understand it, in Belgium it's issued by the Gov.

I guess i better leave the pictures out...