PDA

View Full Version : Express Freighters/AAE for sale?

727ace
5th Jun 2007, 03:23
can anyone confirm as due to heavy loses QF/Austpost considering offloading after a less than cost effective introduction of the B733F and major loss of capacity on all east coast routes and soon to be reduced capacity trans continental route

alidad
5th Jun 2007, 07:05
Dunno, but I have heard that when they have finished with the 727,s they will drill holes in the spars so that they will not be available in the marketplace for a competitor to fly......................

Pushback
5th Jun 2007, 07:05
Sounds like utter bs..... QF AAE Post going from strength to strength.

bizzybody
5th Jun 2007, 07:26
I was reading something just today that AAE have won a new contract to do the Melbourne to Perth run. I doubt they woudl sell it what that looming. I could be wrong though

Bizz

Toolman101
5th Jun 2007, 07:46
Dunno, but I have heard that when they have finished with the 727,s they will drill holes in the spars so that they will not be available in the marketplace for a competitor to fly......................Today 11:23

I don't think National jet is that stupid, but then again you never know with the current management:ok:

Buster Hyman
5th Jun 2007, 09:12
Hmmm...Jet Star Air Express....:eek:

wessex19
6th Jun 2007, 02:04
Pushback, from what i have seen i would disagree with you there strongly mate. Toll Holdings are the guys growing at a fast rate and from what i can see will only get bigger. AAe are set between a rock and a hard place. ( Qf and oz post) On another note, Toll launched a spin off subsiduary company on the Australian Share Market today, Asciano Ltd. Get em while there cheap... as an old captain said to me when i was a younger fella, "he who hesitates, masterb...s':ugh:
Asciano launched at $10.35 jumped to $10.72 in an hour....

Truth Seekers Int'nl
6th Jun 2007, 06:40
..........pushback you are kidding.since bucks got the ass from aae the place has been going steadily backwards.combine this with qantas stuffing up the 737 conversions and all the unserviceabilites and unhappy customers they are not going from strength to strength. in fact i have heard if things don't turn around soon toll will be the only freight company in business down in oz.

bizzybody
6th Jun 2007, 07:50
there woudl be plenty of other operators out there that would do freight.
I would but i wouldnt do anything in the way of getting a suitable arcraft untill i know that it will be used. I spose that what a lot of others would be saying that also
Bizz