PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Cheap FIC course near London

vicktor
4th Jun 2007, 20:49
I am from Spain and looking for an instructor course near the London area that won't break the bank. Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I should go? Being from out of the country its hard to know where to go.....any help would be greatly appreciated!

TurboJ
4th Jun 2007, 21:28
To be honest you won't get courses in the UK cheaper than you can get in Spain - I did my FI rating at aerofan in Madrid and have had no problems getting it on my UK issued JAR licence and getting FI jobs in the UK

Give or take you are probably looking at nearly £6k for an FI rating in the UK and many schools then go on to hire their own instructors they have trained themselves.

Have a look in Flyer or Pilot Mag for all the schools - you can't go wrong - Cabair, Stapleford, Redair to name a few

Good luck
TJ

whizzer
6th Jun 2007, 12:18
I did my commercial training at Cabair and decided against them for my FIC. I decided to go with Cranfield Flight Training at Cranfield. Speak to Dave Coulson.....but dont be put off by his sense of humour...you will learn more than you think possible with that guy...a true legend!!! And not bad on price either !!!! :)

OpenCirrus619
6th Jun 2007, 12:42
I did mine with Clive at SE Aviation (http://www.seaviation.co.uk) - great fun, learnt a lot. Also Headcorn is an interesting place to fly from (especially at the W/E).

If you really want somewhere easily accessible from London try The Pilot Centre (http://www.egld.com/tpc) at Denham. (Be aware there are 2 schools at Denham - I am talking about TPC here).

OC619

pumpkinpilot
6th Jun 2007, 22:08
Next month, BM Aviation in Jerez, Spain, will be starting FI courses, run by a British FIC instructor. The company is hoping that the newly qualified instructors will then like to instruct there.

Roxy
6th Jun 2007, 22:36
Don't think twice about it! Go and see old Coulson!
Best of the best and knowledge that you just can't buy anywhere else.
Looking at the books I did mine back 20 years ago in good old Skegness.
Invaluable knowledge. I now fly A320's and his help has kept me safe.
Keep some cash aside to do an aerobatic course with him as well.
You will never regret it!
Remember to ask him about the donkey!!!!
Cheers
Roxy