PDA

View Full Version : Where's the best place to advertise an aircraft for sale?

hugh flung_dung
4th Jun 2007, 16:54
Is Pilot mag still "the" place to advertise a light aircraft or are there better places now? Somewhere on the web, a broker, trade-a-plane, ???

Where would you look if you wanted a relatively low hours and well-equipped Bulldog?

HFD

ultimatepro63
4th Jun 2007, 17:11
I usually look in the pilto mag. The big ads always catch my eye and also make sure you do give a good picture.:ok:

UV
5th Jun 2007, 02:09
My last ad in pilot was a disaster.
First they put the wrong phone number down...second they apologised and did it AGAIN!
So 3 months later I eventually got a working ad in their rag!!!!
Try elsewhere...
UV

IO540
5th Jun 2007, 06:20
I would not think for a moment that advertising in any one UK mag is a good idea.

The most you will do is reach approx 1/4 of the people that actually read the UK flying mags, and a lot of pilots almost never read them.

The free mags might get about more. GA Europe (http://www.avbuyer.com/GaBuyer/)is one which I see lying around everywhere aviation-wise I go. It's also significantly European which expands the audience. For a higher value machine, I would also try the major US websites, this one (http://www.controller.com/)being just one.

cjhants
5th Jun 2007, 07:14
have a look at some of the UK based websites such as thehangar.co.uk, ukga.com, afors. you can upload pictures, and some a/c actually seem to sell!

tonyhalsall
5th Jun 2007, 08:56
AFORS is a great resource for selling aircraft - I have sold three on there over the last few years at Prices of £7,500, £15,000 + £40,000.

Oh and its FREE so there is absolutely no reason not to give it a go

Mad Girl
5th Jun 2007, 19:42
I'd be interested if I could get other people interested in sharing it.

Any takers???

SkyHawk-N
5th Jun 2007, 20:41
I'd probably ask on the Private Flying Forum on PPRuNe, but not make it look like an advert

It's ingenius, fair play. One taker already

Yeah but did you notice that it had been moderated? even so it's still getting an effective airing. :D

ultimatepro63
5th Jun 2007, 20:54
Anyone know where i can advertise a service such as aircraft cleaning ?

hugh flung_dung
6th Jun 2007, 17:52
Thanks for the suggestions, I wasn't aware of several of them.

... and as for the assertions of cunning and subterfuge :O what can I say:oh:

HFD