PDA

View Full Version : Cityjet Interview

alphaadrian
2nd Jun 2007, 18:45
Hi all,

I gotta interview with Cityjet soon and was wondering if anyone can shed some light on its format and what I may be asked(apart from the usual questions).It would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance!:)

Alph

coolhand1
5th Jun 2007, 11:45
Hi,

Phase 1: psychometrical assessment (abstract, mechanical, numerical...etc...reasonning), psychological questionnary, and interview ( tell me about you to date...etc...) all that straight forward, I would say quite easy.

Phase 2: if you made it through phase 1 then a sim ride on a B732 in DUB. That's the tough part !
Of course manual flying no FD, AP, sim is a spring box with a **** motion. You won't get provided with any profile,
just the VFE speeds by the instructor before jumping in. You have to figure out everything else on your own ( power settings, attitude...etc...). I'll let you imagine without any jet experience.
session itself consists of SID, level off 4000', some basic airwork, then asked to route direct a beacon to hold over, while holding engine cut (only for DE capt.), then cleared approach, usually no go-around.

good luck,

potkettleblack
5th Jun 2007, 15:31
I wouldn't be to worried about the sim ride. A couple of hours with an instructor will sort that out. Search on Simtech and you will find the contact details.

PaddyMcGinty
6th Jun 2007, 10:34
Hi there, just came through it recently myself. Interview is quite relaxed. The guys are very nice and don't want to make you feel nervous or intimidated. The majority of it is about you and your experience to date. Then the tech Qs are fairly simple, stuff you should know anyway. Know how flaps, wings work. For extra browny points know the lift formula. If you dont know something dont bull*&%$, just say your not completely sure. They just want to see that you know how flying actually works etc. The whole interview lasts about 40 mins.

As for the sim check I strongly recommend doing a session in the sim the day before with www.simtech.ie This is crucial! You will be given a very old and quick SID. You will then route to an NDB for a hold (usually direct entry) where you will get an engine failure. If you are doing quite well he will fail an engine so be expecting it. You will then do a difficult NDB to ILS approach. You will work hard on this and the key here is to know how you want your Navaids set up.

Hope this helps. Just to let you know, they want to pass you and not fail you!

PMG

alphaadrian
8th Jun 2007, 14:30
Thanks for the replies guys. Much appreciated.:ok: