PDA

View Full Version : FI Course

asdhkd
31st May 2007, 13:44
Hi all,

I am interested in becoming a FI, hopefully instructing PPL, CPL etc. I was just wondering what sort of wage a newly qualified FI can expect to take home? Also what does this rise to as you progress AFI to QFI? Don't get me wrong here, the main reason why I want to become a FI is to share my knowledge and help others to enjoy flying as I do, I am just trying to work out about my financial situation!

One last question, what sort of demand is there for FI's at the moment?

I would be greatful for any response.

Many Thanks.

VFE
31st May 2007, 17:28
Hello,

Wage/salary varies for FI(R).

£15 - £20/ hour, no retainer - most common ballpark.

£10/hour and daily retainer of £30 - common.

Salary (if you can negotiate one) is around £12-13k with £5/hour flight pay - average.

Demand is high in the UK for instructors right now (including restricted), especially with Cabair based at strips around London (£20/hr no retainer).

VFE.

Han 1st Solo
31st May 2007, 22:21
Agree with what VFE says. Some places have a £800ish retainer per month plus £10-15 an hour after 30-50 hours. Some places are better than others you'll have to shop around, up north there are plenty of jobs available at the moment.

regards

Han.

BigEndBob
31st May 2007, 22:24
If someones paying £800 retainer please pm me with their details, i will apply tomorrow!

asdhkd
1st Jun 2007, 21:51
awesome, thanks for the info guys!

Heffer
4th Jun 2007, 22:32
£20ph (for Cabair) doesnt seem much. Im sure they paid that rate about 10 years ago! £25-30 would be more realistic.

vic1
5th Jun 2007, 10:39
Hi,
Thanks for all the information. I applied to cab air after seeing all the news about the shortage, but havent heard from them since. Do u suppose they would fund my license conversion and FI cost if I wager to work for them for a given time frame?
Thanks a ton for any replies.:sad: