PDA

View Full Version : Global Express, N90EW.

SilentHandover
17th May 2001, 17:50
Until this morning I was convinced that the GV was the ultimate Biz Jet, then I had the pleasure of watching(from very a VCR very close to the runway)this GLEX land this morning. Landing into(for our airfield)a stonking headwind the approach was flown at a very high alpha at an impressively low speed, what a machine. Its days and views like that which convince me I have the best job in the world, in the best VCR in the world..

Flight Safety
17th May 2001, 20:34
The GLEX has a really nice wing doesn't it, with full slats and flaps, a very different design philosophy from the GV.

StressFree
17th May 2001, 23:17
Gentlemen,
GV or GLEX the 'best business jet'. Obviuosly you have no knowledge of the Boeing BBJ http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif

Many are called - few are chosen.

------------------
'Keep the Stress Down'

Bright-Ling
17th May 2001, 23:35
SH - I will do a low speed high alpha app in KX for you next week!!!

MAYDAY MAYDAY!!

Must admit, nice aircraft!!

BL

SilentHandover
17th May 2001, 23:50
StressFree, you missed the point I have no knowledge of operating or flying in Biz Jets(apart from the odd jumpseat on an HS25 or C550) it was just an opinion of the look and style of the GLEX, a true Biz Jet not a B737 with Pimp Styleeee winglets.

Bright-Ling
18th May 2001, 01:11
SH - me thinks he was joking!!!

The GLEX is a mighty impressive aircraft. Is it more expensive than the GV?

Oddly, Bombardier compare it in their literature with the BBJ. I thought that the GV was it's obvious contender, with the BBJ versus the A319CJ.

Maybe Bombardier are worried, hence aiming at the BBJ now.

SilentHandover
18th May 2001, 11:58
Forgive me for snapping. http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/redface.gif
The GLEX has come a long way since I first saw one at IAT alongside the GV, whilst the GV flew VIPs to and from WU and performed impressive air displays the GLEX sat on the tarmac leaking fuel everywhere.

StressFree
18th May 2001, 12:09
SH,
No problem.

:)

------------------
'Keep the Stress Down'

Wycombe
22nd May 2001, 16:04
Yep, managed to wangle a short hop on N502GV
at RIAT in '98. My first (and likely only) ever ride in a G5...what a way to travel.

And yes, the Globex was very much in experimental fit, but isn't the cabin big
(the G5 felt like an Emb145 inside, the Globex more like a 73'/146)

bob375
30th May 2001, 06:50
We operated 2 G5's, and currently operate a G5 as well as a GLEX. The GLEX is way above and beyond the G5 anyday. We have over 300 hours on the GLEX, and have never had to cancel a flight for maintenance reasons. Compare that to the G5's with 10 Hydraulic Pumpes by this time. And comparing a BBJ with a G5 or GLEX is ridiculous, keep in mid the BBJ never gets above FL390, whereas the 5 and GLEX cruise happily ABOVE FL440!

Flanker
30th May 2001, 11:23
By those standards the U2 (TR1) should be a fantastic bizjet?

Forty odd thousand feet is just where you want to be when there's a pressurisation problem, by the way read up on pilots prostate cancer!

StressFree
30th May 2001, 12:37
Bob375,
'BBJ never gets above 390' ???????????
Interesting comment as I regularly fly ours at 410......................

:rolleyes:

------------------
'Keep the Stress Down'

fokkerjet
1st Jun 2001, 01:27
bob375,

By chance, am I flying your old GV? We purchased a used GV last year from a company based out of White Plains, a GV that reportedly sat in China for "awhile" awaiting parts.

Stress. How goes it? We've got "BIV" sitting on our ramp taking up space. I guess the purchaser didn't cough up the cash for the plane so there it sits.

StressFree
1st Jun 2001, 12:18
Fokkerjet,
No cash for BIV? What a surprise...........
I've mailed you on your private address.
All the best.

------------------
'Keep the Stress Down'

26point2
2nd Jun 2001, 20:22
Come back BIV all is forgiven!

------------------
Keep on running.

bob375
9th Jun 2001, 09:04
Fokkerjet, that's a big 10-4. How is old 514 behaving with you guys? Better yet, how bout those pumps? I see the aircraft is for sale again; guess you should have all your new 5's by now, so 514 is surplus. Anyways, good luck with it, and whoever gets it after you. Theyre going to need it.

DC3Flyer
13th Jun 2001, 16:27
Bob375

Old 514 needs to be towed around behind the hanger and put out of its misery like an old horse that broke a leg. What a piece of sh--! Glad to hear the global is working out for you.

fokkerjet
13th Jun 2001, 18:11
How many GV's goes it take to fly one trip?

Or better yet, how many GV's goes one need to keep one GV flying? http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif

Stress. Good/bad news. Cash received and "BIV" is off to new owners.

[This message has been edited by fokkerjet (edited 13 June 2001).]

StressFree
13th Jun 2001, 22:45
Fokkerjet,
So BIV is off then?
The cash we wasted on that project is unbelievable, then we get memos about re-using paperclips.........
The latest rumour over here is the the BBJ's will go and we will get -300's and maybe another 125 - wow, cant wait!!!!!!!!!

http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/tongue.gif

------------------
'Keep the Stress Down'

west030
17th Jun 2001, 19:32
I never flew the GV or the BBJ but I do fly the Global and enjoy it very much. We flew over 700 hours now had to ground it a few times in the beginning but now the big things are mostly fixed, except for the 25 cycles on the fan!
It is an excellent airplane.

Glad I fly it!

LRdriver
17th Jun 2001, 22:39
Hi guys,
My first post as a member´here..

How do I get a job on a G-3/4/5 or GLEX?
Anybody Hiring out there?

Thanx
C
(currently LR60 driver/FAA ATP)

Shanwick Shanwick
20th Jun 2001, 18:01
LRdriver,

Get a UK ATPL and a job with Virgin Atlantic. Apparently there are options on 6 GLEX's with delivery late summer next year prior to commencement of Virgin Jet Set in October 2002.

Should be fun.

------------------
hhhiiisssssccrrrraaaacckkkllesssshhhhhh

no name
21st Jun 2001, 08:42
From the stats I have read the citation X
looks very impressive...

anyone flown it and what’s it like?