PDA

View Full Version : Question ???

Abel Coelho
29th May 2007, 20:57
Does anybody know if there is any safety rule or recommendation against a pilot be part of a crew where is co-pilot or captain is part of his family?

A. C.

NigelOnDraft
29th May 2007, 21:06
No... I have operated Flts with Mrs also as Flt Crew - albeit as 2 x P2. However, also know of plenty of Mr / Mrs P1 and P2, and father son etc.

D'vay
29th May 2007, 21:51
There was the B-52 crew recently that contained son, father and grandfather.
Why do you ask this question?

Abel Coelho
29th May 2007, 22:03
Just a matter of Curiosity. Tks for your reply. :)

Luke SkyToddler
29th May 2007, 22:27
My wife and I spent several years flying as captain and FO together here in the U.K., the company had no problem with it, in fact they loved it when there was a long term charter they could send us on because it saved them a fortune on hotel bills.

Father-and-son crews are relatively commonplace now, I believe Qantas has the world's only mother-and-daughter crew as well ...

Old Smokey
29th May 2007, 23:32
Singapore Airlines has a ruling that no 2 family members will fly in a 2 pilot crew, no restriction in a crew complement of 3 or more.

There's now a lot of Fathers and Sons in the company (including myself), kinda sad, I was looking forward to doing my last flight with the young guy.:(

Regards,

Old Smokey

AltFlaps
30th May 2007, 05:45
Sounds like a recipe for disaster to me ...

"Gear down please darling ..."
"Put your own damn gear down - I've had enough of your bs ... you always think you know everything ..."

..etc..etc.. ;)

Capt Claret
30th May 2007, 08:55
Wife & Husband tech crew in the outfit I work for.

Rumour has it that when the Cabin Crew introduce them, it goes something like, "Your aircraft today is under the command of Mrs Bloggs, and assisting her on the flight deck is, Mr Bloggs." :ok:

the dean
30th May 2007, 09:19
and the thought of a fight over dinner at a far away place ending in the words ( and you'll have heard them before )'' well you can p**s off...i'll find my own way home...'':eek:..

Mudfoot
30th May 2007, 16:57
"Good day, this is Captain Mudfoot, and I have my wife, Mrs. F/O Mudfoot's permission to say so..." :eek: