PDA

View Full Version : im confused??

roxar
24th May 2007, 04:54
Hi,
Im newbie here...
Can i ask a few question?..
Im taking my PPL(almost finish it)and now i confused where should i take my CPL?
In malaysia or other country??..
And where is the best flying academy to continue my CPL/ATPL/IR?
Most of my friend choose to go Australia..
Any comment?
:(

Thanks,
roxar

pfd99
24th May 2007, 05:04
Try looking up the MPL which was implemented by ICAO in November 2006. One year course and you are right seat qualified A320.

skytrek21
24th May 2007, 05:41
USA....cost efficient, good wx in most places and highly qualified instructors in most schools. Get your CPL done in the US

roxar
25th May 2007, 00:14
thanks.. neway u all hv suggestion a few flying school u recomended? and izzit important to have degree to be a pilot???

Coldwing
26th May 2007, 13:17
"thanks.. neway u all hv suggestion a few flying school u recomended? and izzit important to have degree to be a pilot???"
I knew that when you got your Atpl usually school give you a degree or bachelor...

teeepee
26th May 2007, 13:54
hi roxar,
try mpl program of CIA clark institute of aviation in angeles pampanga,philippines this company is being run by Alpha Aviation of UK youll be flying a c172 but will be a320 rt seat qualified when they let go of you// your $ will go a long way in the country,the husttle and bustle of getting a US nor Australia visa is humungous after 911,everyone is a suspect when you go to any white country now this days/// pm me will give you details
good luck'
teeepee:)

Ghostrider777
26th May 2007, 15:45
Hi everyone,

I'm hearing quite a lot about this MPL training scheme lately,but from what i got from the internet,its an ICAO proposal and most country's aviation authority are still reluctant in implementing it.

I've heard recent news that air asia is considering this MPL course for its next batch of cadets.Any chances of this MPL course being implemented in Malaysia?Any views will be highly appreciated..Thank you.

G777.

8ah
26th May 2007, 15:59
I would think twise to do the MPL.

It takes your career on that one type only.
10 years to upgrade
Never become TRE or TRI.

You`d be the first one out the door if the company changes types because the training cost for a new MPL is many times that of a general type rating. etc.....

I may be wrong here but it is a very limited licence.

OK if you are company sponsored, but freelance..... Do the lot.... And all doors are open for you... :}

mingalababya
26th May 2007, 23:05
Hi everyone,
I'm hearing quite a lot about this MPL training scheme lately,but from what i got from the internet,its an ICAO proposal and most country's aviation authority are still reluctant in implementing it.
The MPL programme is currently being 'beta tested' by Alteon in Brisbane with 6 candidates from China. Here's more about it (http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/business/313681_pilotshortage30.html?source=mypi). Apparently the FAA doesn't sound too keen about it unlike Australia's CASA. Here's more info from the CASA website (http://www.casa.gov.au/fcl/multicrew/index.htm)regarding its implementation progress.

roxar
27th May 2007, 00:29
hi,
izzit a advantage to hv MPL?
im still blur about MPL..
izzit already approved from all country?
And im blur wat is the different about MPL n MCC?..
FAA n JAA?...
Demn...
their just make a hard way to ppl who want to be a pilot...
making a rules and license changes every year...
if i dont seek information about this for sure the will be alot of time n money to be burnt away...
huh!...
nway are other flying school than CIA offer MPL course?..
thanks guys for ur information...
u all the best!
roxar

Bolubo
27th May 2007, 01:15
Hi,

just a suggestion from me, I'am in aussie right now in Archerfiled airport brisbane I found my school is very good in teaching method plus lots of asian students here,they have a program from PPL, CPL, ME, IR and atpl with aviation degrees from Griffith University and other important thing is the climate is suitable for flight training compare to other major cities in aussie .....just pm me if you want further info , and no i'm not working for them...

ssangyongs
27th May 2007, 09:25
To whom it may concern:

i read about this MPL long time ago. First i thought MPL is just another level after fATPL but after reading the article now i realize it's all different thing altogether.

The school in bintulu, sarawak offers MPL but in the course structure if i still remember you'll be graduated with fATPL/MPL which is quite confusing

From what i understand MPL will shorten the time needed to jump straight into right hand seat. That means you dont actually have to accumulate minimum 250 hours to obtain license to fly jets with pax or cargo.

i suggest you to stick with traditional fATPL as it's more recognized.

As for CIA in pampanga i dont think they're accepting cadets other than from PAL or CEB. but u can try to call them.

and for teeepeee do CIA offers type rating for a320 or 737? i'm holding fATPL i wonder whether they accept outsiders (other than their own freshly trained CPL or fATPL holder) to do type rating there.

pfd99
28th May 2007, 00:07
Clark Aviation at Angeles offers MPL courses to any person who wishes to do this course. Cebu are offering 50% sponsorship if you pass the tests/interviews! Currently about 50 students at Clark on MPL course and more starting next week. One year course and you end up A320 right seat qualified!!

A320 type ratings i am told will be available very soon at Clark on there A320 full flight simulator.

pfd99

roxar
28th May 2007, 01:02
wow!.
But there a good n bad about MPL...:(
Like 8ah said...
huhu...
:}

pfd99
28th May 2007, 01:49
As it is an open forum please be careful what people say good and bad about certain thngs, ie MPL. I would do some serious checking on the web and within the flying community before you write the MPL off. You will be able to take your ATPL exams at any time as the course work is upto ATPL level (at Clark it is).As for upgrade all depends on your hours and Licence.It's an amazing oppurtunity to obtain an A320 licence right hand seat in ONE year at a fraction of the normal cost to get CPL/ATPL and type rating.Don't forget it is the time span as well, your extra outgoings are for only one year and not 3-4??

pfd99

P.s Don't forget only my opinion.

roxar
28th May 2007, 02:46
thanks pfd..
nway this is for along time period and maybe for ur whole life..
so better thinking some that can support u until u 'gone'..
rather than just following ppl...
that why i ask u all about this...
nway thanks...guys...
and what is the big different about MCC n MPL?..
doest it mean MCC is not valid now?..
or just a name...?..
now i need extra panadol
thanks pfd...

PosClimb
28th May 2007, 06:10
So who is going to hire the new MPL 200 hour pilot with his Airbus type rating?

They wouldn't be qualified for India... so where?

pfd99
28th May 2007, 06:53
Why not qualified for India? Many Indian airlines already involved with the scheme as well as the authority.

PosClimb
28th May 2007, 16:33
For Indian citizens, yes, but for expats, no.

I just don't see the value of a Multi Crew license in most countries.

Why is Australia doing it? Doesn't Australia have one of the highest rates of pilots per capita than anywhere in the world?

In western countries the "great pilot shortage" only seems to really exist among those who are selling flight training and type ratings.

I personally suspect the Multi Crew License is probably just a way for airliners to get cheaper labor into the flight deck.

ssangyongs
29th May 2007, 07:42
how much is the cost to do MPL? In CIA angeles, pampanga they said it gonna cost you about P 3 million something but im not sure whether it's ATPL or MPL. and by the time you graduated you'll be right seated on a320.

how about ATPL in CIA? Omni Aviation next to DMIA only offers up to CPL without ME rating. But they offer instructors course, fit for anybody who wants to build hours.

Okay, does MPL including check ride on type? if fATPL only gave u licence needed without type rating so MPL will give all? at a fraction of total fATPL + type rating cost??

ssangyongs
29th May 2007, 11:47
some say fresh FO with 0 (yes, zero) total hours can jump straight into right hand seat at cebu pacific after completing their MPL. Well this is just rumour hope that somebody will clarify.

if it's true then roxar u just do MPL.

Confusing

roxar
29th May 2007, 12:14
hurmm...
thanks ssyangyong...
nway r u already a pilot??...
hehe

pfd99
29th May 2007, 12:16
$75,000 USD will give you an MPL if you pass all the exams. It is one year residential course, 6 months ground school for all your navs and techs to JAA ATPL standard. Then 70 hours actual flying, followed by step by step progressive simulator from a level 2 type device upto level 4 or for ease Full Flight Sim, over 60 hours on FFS, this to gain your A320 rating and then 12 t/o and landings in the actual A320.

If sponsored by Cebu you then will fly right hand seat with MPL!!!If not sponsored the world is your oyster as you can go to where you want if the company and country accredit the MPL which many countries are starting to do.

Very cost effective course with a type rating, check the web guys it is not hard.

pfd99

roxar
29th May 2007, 12:24
thanks pfd..
nway u not all company accept the new MPL rite?..
so if u were me which way u choose?..
the new MPL or the old style?
:ugh:
thanks

Snapalapages
29th May 2007, 15:37
Hi Guys,
Just registered today, and would like to join you if you don't mind. My brother and myself would like to change our career-to be a pilot, but my older brother is already 37 years old and he is dead serious to take up the course MPL in Clark Aviation in Pampanga do you think it's worthwhile to invest considering that his age? and bec. of his age and neophyte do you think Airline company will consider his age to fly their plane?..

You reply will greatly appreciated..:)

Ghostrider777
29th May 2007, 16:17
Hi mingalababya,

Thanks for your info regarding the MPL.Anyway, does anyone have any idea on which country has endorsed the MPL programme so far?...Apart from Aussie, China and Phillipine....How about the Malaysian DCA?

Garfs
29th May 2007, 22:18
Snapalapages

Have a look here. Its been discussed at great length. Hopefully you will find what you are looking for here

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=51690

Garfs

pfd99
30th May 2007, 00:54
As you said Oz, Phils,China are on board. Denmark are on board with India Malaysia, Portugal, Switzerland, Singapore, South Africa are following with many other places seriously looking at it. With the Danes implementing it it basically means JAA!
Don't forget start now on the course and you will be one year away from right seat A320/B737 and more countries implementing the scheme. A lot happens in a year. With regard to age if you are 40 you still have over 20 years of service to give a company.

pfd99

roxar
30th May 2007, 03:12
hi all..
neway u guys know which FS offering MPL??..
Mind to share?..
thanks

teeepee
30th May 2007, 22:20
yup CIA is open to everybody last time was a cadet from spain came in ask roxar the cp# of matt woods he is the big boss in clark:)

ssangyongs
31st May 2007, 10:36
i'm already a pilot. have fATPL in my pocket.

But somehow this MPL amazes me because for 75,000 usd it come complete with a320 type rating. should have done this course earlier, but i already have fATPL so i'll just proceed with a320 after this.

roxar
31st May 2007, 12:24
hi..
sorry if im asking a silly question..
the situation is...
if i taking my cpl,ir,me,atpl...in australia CASA..
can i convert to JAA,FAA, etc..
thanks

Garfs
31st May 2007, 13:47
Yes if you have an Australian CPL (CASA) you can convert to any license, but it can be costly.

I am not sure how many hours you need for an Australian CPL (105 or something?), but in the UK, a modular student will have at least 185 hours for a CPL. You need to get yourself uo tp 155 or so hours, then do a 30 hour modular CPL. So that in itself will cost quite a bit

You'll also obviously have to sit all the relevant exams depending on which license you convert to. Here in the UK you've got the 14 ATPL exams, which is the same as in Malaysia

If you want to convert into a Malaysian CPL, you have to sit all the 14 exams mentioned above and fly 35 hours twin if I am not mistaken.

Someone correct me if I am wrong

Garfs
31st May 2007, 13:49
But somehow this MPL amazes me because for 75,000 usd it come complete with a320 type rating. should have done this course earlier, but i already have fATPL so i'll just proceed with a320 after this.

Arent there downsides to this tho? As someone mentioned earlier, it restricts you to a certain type of AC only?

What other downsides are there to this MPL? I know the principle behind it but I still understand very little about this new concept

Garfs

roxar
31st May 2007, 14:12
thanks garf for the information..
hehe...

Garfs
31st May 2007, 14:22
Roxar

Apparently theres a school in Sydney which trains you towards a Malaysian CPL.

I have been told they take you up to the required level of hours, and when you return to Malaysia, their partner school does the conversion for you, another 8 months or so for around RM 80k if I am not mistaken

Dont have the name of the school with me now but I can find out if you like, or someone else here may know what I am on about?

Garfs

roxar
31st May 2007, 14:30
wow!..
that great garf..
in sydney?..i thought it was basair bcoz KLIFA is partner with basair..
student will hv their ground school in MIAT,malaysia for 4month then exam n flying in australia for 6month n then 4month in malaysia for ATPL..
nway can i know about that FS?..
thanks alot garf!
:ok:

Garfs
31st May 2007, 14:35
Roxar

Yes mate I'll get in touch with a friend of mine and will let you if he gets back to me

Cheers
Garfs

roxar
31st May 2007, 14:37
thanks garf..
i waiting for ur good news!..
hehe:}

ssangyongs
1st Jun 2007, 12:15
about the australian link i think it's in subang. elite flying club. try to look at their website. they did mentioned about the CPL.

MIAT? I think it's for technician only. dont know if they offer any ground school course.

And Garfs, i dont really have any idea about future prospect of MPL...Because i dont really know where they cut it short to make it possible for you, after 12 months of training, will be on the right seat on a320.

roxar
4th Jun 2007, 02:16
Hi ssangyong,
lOl...elite flying club?..that place uh?...im taking my PPL there..
hehe...im from there lorR...
Have u heard about Kuala Lumpur International Flying Academy??..
their ground school class at MIAT for 4month then 6month australia...
then come back m'sia for 4month taking m'sia ATPL...
Grafs are u there?
:ouch:

ssangyongs
4th Jun 2007, 07:18
is elite flying club = esb? if it's esb then they are offering australian cpl + malaysian training. check their website.

and roxar how much do u paid for ur PPL in elite? nice view flying around wmki? hehehe

how's ur first solo?

Garfs
4th Jun 2007, 08:03
Hi Roxar

Nope I'm not there at the mooment. I am in UK

Prob going to do my PPL while I am still here then get the rest of my license all the way to FATPL ideally in Australia then eventually Malaysia

Flying can be very limited here esp in the winter

Oh and about the flying school I said I'd ask about, apparently its called Sydney Flight training Centre, but their website is temporarily down, and their partner school is in Ipoh I have been told, but I dont have a name for them. Sorry the nfo is limited but I've just got it off a friend

Garfs

roxar
5th Jun 2007, 03:53
hi...
wmki??...not wmsa?...
ipoh FS i think new FS...
before this their training chopper only...
lol...
my 1st solo ok...
not bad...
:p
ssangyong u frm elite also uh??

ssangyongs
5th Jun 2007, 06:56
no im not from elite i graduated from mfa some 2 years ago...to keep myself competent and my license valid i fly on weekends in simpang. royal selangor ...they offered me instructor job but thanks i have a degree to pursue hehe

and hey how's elite doing? heard that some Singaporean instructor there? how often they organize cross country trip?

roxar
5th Jun 2007, 12:12
hi,
actually elite n esb is not the same...elite only offer PPL course...esb offer australian CPL...lyke garfs said...
so u taking degree now ssangyong?..
good...
singaporean instructor?...lol...
i also dont know all the instructor there...

Garfs
5th Jun 2007, 13:40
ipoh FS i think new FS...
before this their training chopper only...

I think I know the heli school u mean. I'm not sure if thats the same school, but it may be as well

ssangyongs
6th Jun 2007, 06:47
yes im taking economics degree somewhere in klang valley...

if the school in ipoh only offers heli training i bet they also must have fixed wing aircraft since before you learn to fly heli first you must obtain PPL SE first...only after that you'll proceed to heli..dont know if they open school for fixed wing training though

so roxar how many hours left before u get ur PPL? and you paid around <30k for that?

roxar
6th Jun 2007, 15:36
economic??pilot??..
now u far away from ur CPL license?...
hehe..
yeah <30k...i hv fly for 25++...
next sortie:nav.1,nav.2,nav.solo,nav,nav solo,blaČ...
still a long way to go...
hehe..
:}

Garfs
6th Jun 2007, 16:37
now u far away from ur CPL license?...

Roxar
I believe he has a Frozen ATPL, with around 1000 hours
Garfs

JayK
6th Jun 2007, 19:47
Erm I dunno man, are you? confused?

ssangyongs
7th Jun 2007, 10:01
i completed my flight training first before enrolling into university..garfs is right :)

roxar
7th Jun 2007, 11:18
ouh...
then why u continue ur stdy in economic??..
why dont u jst continue in aviation?..
or work maybe?..
hehe..
just askin...

ssangyongs
7th Jun 2007, 15:37
i was retrenched after a month in the job. disappointed, i decided to relax for a while and i was only 21 then, i decided to go for a degree...by the time i finish i'll be only 24. Only after that i'll fly professionally again.

bfd777
7th Jun 2007, 17:57
:ok:Smart move! Don't put all your eggs in the aviation basket. You need a backup plan in this industry.

roxar
7th Jun 2007, 19:35
yeah smart move:ok:..
nway where r u taking ur economic??..
private college or wat?..
while collecting hour u also collecting ur diploma/degree in economic..
goodČ...

ssangyongs
8th Jun 2007, 07:33
sorry cant disclose the university but it's near KLIA. Mum wanted me to do accounting but it's too difficult and 4 year course.

After investing 200k in my fatpl i dont think i want to put it to waste. i cant think of doing another job for a living. a degree is like a back up.

roxar
8th Jun 2007, 10:29
ouhkay..
nway where u take ur fATPL??

ssangyongs
8th Jun 2007, 17:47
MFA of course...:)

roxar
11th Jun 2007, 11:55
hi guys..
im want to ask if i take my CPL fATPL ME Ir at waaviation is that a CASA approve?..
if it possible to convert to JAA or FAA?..
and which FS is better?..
Flight training Australia or Wa Aviation College?
mind to share?