PDA

View Full Version : No Flights available?

pumper_bob
23rd May 2007, 20:02
Maybe this should be on the spare seats thread? I have just been asked to go to Monaco this weekend on an urgent job:ok: No problem i told them! I have just checked ALL the airlines going within 100 miles of the place! The cheapest ticket was over £500 return, and not at anything like when i want to go!! So, there are two people with a budget of appx £1000, looking to be in Monaco by 08.00 Saturday, returning after 22.00 Sunday. Does this appeal to any cost sharing types here?
We will be carrying appx 30kg of gear each, and i am appx 18 stone:sad: so weight and balance may be a consideration!
Would like to have a go in something a bit exotic, A TB20 could be good:E no names no pact drill! Or even a decent twin:ok: Or any other thoughts on this conundrum gratefully recieved!
Cheers Flying Friends!
PB

gcolyer
23rd May 2007, 21:23
I think £1000 would be pushing it for a return trip. Don't forget whoever takes you is going to have to find somewhere to stay for the night as well. Fuel will be a good £600 if not more, plus an hourly fee let say £50 on average for the aircraft maintenance fund and landing and parking fee.

Then there will also be Eurocontrol fee as the flight will be at night which means it is either SVFR or IFR. And then the stupidly hiddeous Landing fee back at the UK for the privelage of landing lights :bored:

it cost me £504 to Bristol to Lille return last week, and that is only half the deistance.

pumper_bob
23rd May 2007, 22:00
I was hoping somone with a thirst for F1 and glamour might like the chance to fly down there without having to pay the whole cost, appx £1500? We could certainly help out with hotels etc, and the return could be on the Monday as its a bank holliday! So that would cut down on route charge's? I have just checked the TGV from Paris to Nice and it takes 6 hrs and costs, this makes British rail journeys look like the biggest swindle since Robert Maxwell!!!!, it costs £56.00 return. Thats on a modern super fast train, appx 1500kms!! Try that here and you would be looking at something like £3-400 pp!! I know this is a pilot forum, but it is interesting, nonetheless! So a bike ride to Paris Friday evening and the TGV is looking like the option for now, unless you fancy it in the 172 Mr Colyer?:E One other thing, there is a field called Fayence about 20 miles to the WNW. No slot worries or expensive landings:ok: Come on someone must fancy a run to the south of France for not a lot of money?

gcolyer
24th May 2007, 07:57
Well if i was interested it would be the Grumman Tiger this weekend. The 172 is having an alternator issue sorted out.

FullyFlapped
24th May 2007, 08:06
If my 'plane wasn't away having an annual, I'd take you ... could have roped Mrs FF in as well and we could have spent the weekend somewhere pleasant (i.e. not Monaco when the F1GP is on!).

Anyway, I hope someone discovers their sense of adventure for you - although effectively carrying 4 people is going to limit your options a tad !

FF :ok:

big.al
24th May 2007, 09:52
EZY 7063 LPL/NCE Fri 25th May 11:20/14:35 £275.99pp plus taxes.
EZY 7072 NCE/LPL Sun 27th May 22:10/23:30 £98.54pp plus taxes.
Total for two people = £806.06 including taxes and charges.

EZY 6117 BRS/NCE Fri 25th May 18:10/21:15 £196.9pp plus taxes.
EZY 6118 NCE/BRS Sun 27th May 21:55/23:05 £45.38pp plus taxes.
Total for two people = £541.74 including taxes and charges.

... or if you prefer to return Monday:
EZY 6118 NCE/BRS Mon 28th May 21:40/22:50 £98.88pp plus taxes.
Total for two people = £648.74 including taxes and charges.

Available as of 10:50 this morning.

Hardly cheap, but under your £1k budget... and no, I don't work for EZY!

k3lvc
24th May 2007, 22:10
Done the GP a few times and there's a lot to be said for the train esp. when the price diff is taken into consideration. Probably not as scenic as the flight but it's a pleasant enough run along the coast and drops you right in the centre so no messing with taxis etc.

pumper_bob
24th May 2007, 22:42
Well the train was looking good untill we tried to book from Waterloo! "Only have the expensive tickets left" she said! Long and short of it, £450 return each! Must admit Big.Al i didnt check ezy as ryan was full so assumed all would be the same!! However, as we are commited to being in London untill atleast 16.00hrs on Friday ( a certain child molesting, pop "superstar" is in town) their flights dont hook up time wise and getting to Liverpool would cost another couple of hundred anyhow?
So we have booked an Arrow and we will see how much creative accounting we can conjure up to make it worth while:E
Putting it on the line now, Bose or IO540, are you too busy for a blast to Nice? Come on guys, you are much better prepaired for this sort of stuff than I!
E-Mails to [email protected] if you will please!
PS: The Arrow is on the G reg for all the IR considerations that implies!