PDA

View Full Version : Yet another go-around. What's going on?

G SXTY
27th Jun 2001, 16:38
The aviation world is reeling from yet more go around drama, this time at London’s busy Stapleford airport. An industry insider, known only as G-SXTY, confirmed he had spent several hours caught up in the horror last Saturday. Incidents included:
Literally dozens of aircraft – some with only one pilot at the controls – landing on the grass next to the runway, hurtling along without slowing down, and then pulling up at the last minute.
Others swooping low over the runway and then climbing away without even attempting to land, even though they clearly only had one engine.
Pilots bravely grappling with the controls and steering their planes away from local houses.

Miraculously no-one was hurt in the incident, but in a dramatic twist it was admitted last night that a local seagull was treated for shock after nearly colliding with a ‘Cessna’ at over 1,000 feet above the peacefully unsuspecting village of Abridge.

G-SXTY was unavailable for further comment today, as he is trying to sell his story to the tabloids for an undisclosed sum, believed to equivalent to the price of an ATPL course.

------------------
Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit pruning.

Delta Wun-Wun
27th Jun 2001, 16:56
AAAGGGHHH!!! It`s happening everywhere....only a few days before this incident,a light aircraft again with only one pilot and a single engine,was seen to climb away from Coventry out over the country side,to about 4500 ft.It`s nose appeared high,it stopped flying and appeared to stall!.The pilot regained control and climbed back up again,where the whole thing promptly happened again.This went on for about 25 minutes.SHOCK ..HORROR!!! :) :) :) :)

------------------
GET THE BLOODY NOSE DOWN!

gravity victim
27th Jun 2001, 16:57
Nice one, G-SXTY. ;)
Your mention of Stapleford pilots 'bravely ..steering their planes away from local houses' reminded me of an 'old and bold' reprobate I knew who flew from there, and found himself up before the beaks for knocking the chimney-pot off the roof of a medieval farmhouse somewhere on the approach, with the wingtip of a Percival Prentice.

His statement in mitigation that 'it was a very silly place to build a house' was not sympathetically received, and resulted in a £250 pound fine...

Dutchie
27th Jun 2001, 17:07
Why sell it to the Tabloids, you might even sell it to the Times!! ;)

------------------
I'd rather be flying... :)