PDA

View Full Version : Any FSDO in Canada ???

777pilot
21st May 2007, 18:09
Hi Everyone.
I was wondering if there is any FSDO location in Canada ?:confused:
Safe fly

Canada Goose
22nd May 2007, 14:42
Suggest posting in the 'Canada' forum !

BTW: What's FSDO ???????

Jez_G
22nd May 2007, 14:55
Flight Standards District Office
Its where us FAA boys (and girls) go to talk to the Fed's - hopefully for good reasons :)

Pilot DAR
25th May 2007, 00:36
FSDO is an FAA service, and as such is not found in Canada. Transport Canada provides service in Canada very similar to that provided by the FAA in the US.

Depending upon exactly the nature of your enquiry, you should probably start with "Maintenance & Manufacturing" which is the closest equivilent to FSDO

Transport Canada website is very well organized. www.tc.gc.ca (http://www.tc.gc.ca) then go to air and then civil aviation.

If you're looking for a specific topic I might have a more precise suggestion...

Pilot DAR

crj705
25th May 2007, 11:04
There is usually an FAA attache located in the Embassy in most countries. Although the "services" provided will not be what you would expect from an FSDO. If you need a service from the FAA, your best bet will be going to OKC. As far as the equivalent of a Canadian FSDO, I have no idea.

CaptW5
25th May 2007, 18:09
I have never heard of a US FSDO in Canada, and for my dealings with the FAA was referred to the nearest FSDO across the border in the US.

Panama Jack
27th May 2007, 06:10
No FSDO's in Canada, but fortunately, the nearest one may be not more than a couple hundred miles away.

777pilot
28th May 2007, 06:56
Well . maybe i should rephrase it !
I do need a FAA, DE in Canada.to transfer my type ratings to my Faa Lic.
and the reason is because it is going to be hard for me to obtain a visa from US just bacause i want to visit the FSDO in Seattle
fly safe