PDA

View Full Version : A question for Manchester ATC's, please.

Noah Zark.
19th May 2007, 21:20
I'm sorry if this a bit vague, but please bear with me. I live on the north west edge of Sheffield, literally overlooking the Pennines.
When I have been out taking the evening air, I have noticed an aircraft, possibly a 757, which has obviously taken off from EGCC, and is climbing out, and continues to do so, until it overflies me and continues on its way on an approximately south-easterly heading, until it goes out of sight.
I have seen this now for two weeks, at least six days a week (can't make Sunday nights). As it is at the same time (+ / - 5min.) every night when I see it, 21.15 hrs., I assume it must have taken off at approximately 21.00hrs., and is a scheduled flight, rather than a package.
Has anyone any idea what, which, whose, where to, etc., please?
Thanks.
N.Z.

RingwaySam
20th May 2007, 03:58
Not sure. Could be the evening Emirates flight, which is operated by a 777-300.

Thanks,
Sam

Ppdude
20th May 2007, 20:43
If you are where I think you are then your right underneath one of the main easterly routes from CC. The eastbound flow which will be anywhere between FL130 and FL200 ish, byt the time it gets to you (if off R24) goes to Amsterdam, a few German citys, and the tenerify kinda places. The larger a/c like the Emirates or Singapore go to the obvious places.

If its a 757 most prob one of the Thompsons, Topjets carrier types.

Maz11
20th May 2007, 21:25
If you're going that way to Tenerife then you're lost!

Ian Brooks
21st May 2007, 00:07
I would say what you see is the Emirates B777 as that is due to depart at 20:50 every night and could easily be confused with a B757 at a mid altitude
The easy way to tell is, Emirates have a large red block under fusalage with Emirates written on it which can easily be seen with a pair of binoculars

Ian

Ppdude
21st May 2007, 13:58
tenerify kinda places.......not tenerife

Noah Zark.
21st May 2007, 17:02
Thanks for the input, guys. I'll give it a week or two then I'll try with my noculars. At the moment, when I see the aircraft, it is climbing away from the fading evening light, and is therefore quite dark underneath to be able to make out any markings.
Thanks again. N.Z.

wiccan
21st May 2007, 21:59
Get a[n illegal] scanner, and listen to the c/s.......
destroy before reading...
bb