PDA

View Full Version : LAN A340 aborted Take Off due to Runway incursion in Ezeiza

leondelfierro
18th May 2007, 18:51
Buenos Aires May 18.-

An Aircraft from LAN Chile that was getting ready for take off in Ezeiza Airport, Buenos Aires, nearly crashed a Mexicana Airplane that was being towed.
Argentinian pilot Asociation Confirmed the situation, and the president said that "The problem happened because the towing personel in the taxiway was using a different frequency to comunicate than the ground control, and the captain of the LAN couldn't know what was hapening, we still don't know what leaded to this situation but I GUESS its an investigation on the way"

The Ezeiza Airport in the Argentinian capital is working with no radar at all since 2 months ago, when a lightning strike damaged it. Authorities are waiting to get a new one from Spain.

LAN COMUNICATE:

Trough a Comunicate submited today by a spokeman, LAN Airlines informed that "Yesterday, in the LA 466 Flight, that operated the Santiago-Buenos Aires Route, was authorized by Ezeiza tower to take off when the Captain saw an unauthorized object in the Runway, that aparently was towing an aircraft by that time.
The text continues saying that "The pilot made the standarized procedure according the High standards of security of our airline, the pilot aborted the take off, and then returned to the terminal and once checked the corresponding items headed again for take off and restarting the normal schedule at 20:50 local, and landing safely in Santiago at 22:20 local.

Here's the link with the news in spanish:

http://www.terra.cl/noticias/index.cfm?id_cat=302&id_reg=788765

Again the Argentinian Government elevating the risk of flight crews from all over the world. Not the first one, not the last one...
:*
PD: i did my best translating, sorry if you find any typing or gramatic mistakes.

pynchat
18th Jun 2008, 22:17
In a follow-up ... What is the radar situation in Argentina now? I notice that Ezeiza radar on meteonet is messed-up. I hope the atc radar is better

PA38-Pilot
19th Jun 2008, 04:18
wow... that was quite an OLD bump...

AFAIK, the radar is back working.