PDA

View Full Version : Multiflight LBA Orders BBJ!

JB007
16th Mar 2001, 00:49
Mr David Hood/Pace Computers latest purchase...although I understand there having a few problems approving the interior spec with the CAA, includes:

Full seating for...28!!
Bedroom
Shower-room
Dining room....

------------------
Hear All...See All...Say Now't.

[email protected]
(I'm away for a while!)

mutt
16th Mar 2001, 18:14
JB007,

Why are they putting it on the UK register? AFAIK, it will be the first one.

Mutt http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/confused.gif

[This message has been edited by mutt (edited 16 March 2001).]

Deeko01
17th Mar 2001, 00:55
Mutt,

Why do you have such a problem with these type of aircraft staying off the G- register??

But to clear it up as my brother's wife's family own multiflight, the BBJ will be going on the G- register when it arrives.

------------------
Better to be up there wishing you were down here than be down here wishing you were up there!

mutt
17th Mar 2001, 07:47
Deek01,

If the aircraft is going to be used for Hire and Reward, then i totally agree with you that it should be UK registered.

If it is going to be a Companies Executive transport, I would have thought that a Caymen type register would offer better tax breaks and cheaper operating costs.

Isn't this the reason that Ford registered their aircraft in the Caribbean?

I also dont know of any JAR registered BBJ's, so i therefore find it interesting that this is the first company to go that route.

Mutt. :)

[This message has been edited by mutt (edited 17 March 2001).]

26point2
17th Mar 2001, 14:02
Ford have 2 BBJs on the Bermuda register and it saves them a fortune in allsorts of bureaucracy and taxes..Surely your company should look into the possible savings..You'll score a few points for suggesting it!!
:)

StressFree
17th Mar 2001, 20:50
26.2 is spot on.
At Ford we put our 2 BBJ's and our G IV on the Bermuda reg to escape the onerous costs,bureaucracy and delays of the CAA system. Prior to the BBJ's we had 2 MD-87's on the Bermuda reg as well because the CAA would not accept it as part of the MD-80 series and wanted full initial type certification at an un-imaginable cost.

http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/eek.gif

------------------
'Keep the Stress Down'

speech
19th Mar 2001, 01:31
Mutt,

To my knowledge, there are 3 BBJ's on a JAA register: HB-IIO / HB-IIP / HB-IIQ
all operated by PrivatAir in GVA.

mutt
19th Mar 2001, 07:43
Speech,

Now i am going to display my ignorance... "Is Switzerland part of JAA".

I knew about the PrivatAir aircraft, I just didnt consider them to be JAA certified....

Mutt.

[This message has been edited by mutt (edited 19 March 2001).]

speech
22nd Mar 2001, 02:25
Mutt,

Yes, althought not a EU member, Switzerland is a JAA member.
And this is why the PrivatAir BBJ's are not yet fitted with winglets. The winglets are not JAA certified, one of the problems is with the wingtip position lights.

Speech.