PDA

View Full Version : FISO - R/T license

ATCO17
17th May 2007, 18:24
Can anyone help? One of my Assistants (Military) is currently training for her FISO license. She's pretty much sorted, but stuck on the R/T bits...the CAPs are a little ambiguous. One of the options is for her to be issued with a certificate of competence by the military, which should then be sent to SRG with her application for an A/G R/T license. So far, so good, but I have no idea of what format this C of C should take, or what the criteria are for issuing such a thing! Any advice much appreciated...

A17

Chilli Monster
17th May 2007, 18:32
I'm pretty sure you'll find by Certificate of Competence they mean the Blue Book you have as an RAF ATCO - being TG9 something she won't have.

However - I'm just off to the pub with an R/T examiner who works in the tower at that little airport the other side of the M4 ;) Drop me her contact details, I'll pass them on and I'm pretty sure he'll sort out an R/T licence for her.

ATCO17
17th May 2007, 18:41
Ta Chilli...have PM'd you.

A17

ATCO17
17th May 2007, 18:50
In fact...disregard all! Obviously, the C of C is the blue book we are issued with, so not for Assistants, but there's a list of approved R/T examiners on the CAA website. Hopefully, problem solved!

A17:ok:

Chilli Monster
17th May 2007, 21:46
Have passed on the details to my examiner friend - he'll give her a ring, says it'll be no problem doing an exam for her (one written, one practical).

neilmac
17th May 2007, 23:35
I am a Mil atco, did FISO exam (written) few years ago, pretty run of the mil, though I got an air ground certificate straight away cant remember if that was atco or PPL r/t exam lead. Now work at my 2nd FISO unit, anyway a TG9 person with a bit of study wont find it a prob, just dont listen to the peeps at works RT! Professional atco will prob say huh FISO, dont be put off, in FISO world you really sometimes have to think quickly with pilots who arent that professional/clever/or just plain have to much money but dumb! Yes it is information service but its a safety link I mean that in professional world we expect pilots of an a certain standard, not so in FISO world you have to think for them at times! But it is a great fun!! i do believe it still is 40 hours training OJT.

Thats all folks!!

NM

neilmac
18th May 2007, 10:57
Better clarify my last statement before I get GA Pilots (which I am one) on my case. You do get quite a few pilots in GA whose awareness is lacking at times, however they are a minority but do make you tear your hair out as a FISO................what I have left!

NM