PDA

View Full Version : ASA Tower positions

slusher
16th May 2007, 06:29
I know that there is a lot of uncertainty within ASA at the moment. However there are also a lot of places that are short staffed and there have not been any positions advertised for months now (I don't recall any this year). Does anyone know when we can expect ASA to start looking at filling existing vacancies?????:ugh:

No Further Requirements
16th May 2007, 07:16
Do you mean advertised internally or externally? I beieve the Global Search recruiting drive will place all of the newbies into enroute positions. This will allow people from the centres to take up positions in towers that they have been selected for, but been unable to take up as they can't be released. Hopefully this will fill the numbers required in the towers.

Cheers,

NFR.

J430
16th May 2007, 07:52
Just a thought, if they need some enroute guys, what does it take to train them and are they looking for newbies. I can think of one excellent ex CPL and instructor who contemplated doing just that.

What are the salary ranges also?

heck if it was enough I would consider it!:suspect:

Seriously sounds like they need to recruit and train, having spoken to a BNE CEN enroute guy who is meant to train but can't due shortages........chicken or egg problem!

J:ok:

peuce
16th May 2007, 10:09
Easier(cheaper) to do a conversion course for overseas Controllers than spend millions on training Aussies from scratch.

Howard Hughes
16th May 2007, 10:22
Reckon I could fill in for the clearance delivery guy.
QF 401 cleared to ML via WOL maintain 5000 runway 16L, SY 1 departure, squawk 1234, departures 129.7.;)

J430
16th May 2007, 10:50
yeah maybe it could be like a community service org, we all chip in one day every 3 months.......I could do your shift HH while you are on ya lunch break, pee break.......:}

J:E

AlJassmi
16th May 2007, 12:32
HH, exactamundo. :ok:
ACD's the best job going up the tower too - only time you can sit back, relax and put the feet up. It'd be nice if Virgin and Jetstar got PDCs so one could talk less.
As for staffing, my bet would be that positions will start being filled again once managers have been appointed - which could be a while yet! I don't believe there have been any ads this year.

SM4 Pirate
16th May 2007, 13:57
You see HH it's not that easy, if you use 16L for a WOL SY 1 Deaprture and it's off to the back office for you:{

Howard Hughes
16th May 2007, 22:16
But, but, but...:eek:

Oh well, looks like I'll be sticking to my day job then, no wonder I didn't pass the selection process!;)

Muffinman
17th May 2007, 03:23
HH - it doesn't hurt to throw the odd curly at the crew at sparrows o'clock. Could imagine rustling jepp plates and frantic button pushing sounds heard in the background of the readback.

Buster Hyman
17th May 2007, 04:18
Hmmm...I've been thinking about applying for one of these jobs for some time now. Who's in the know & wouldn't mind a PM or two?

:O

puff
17th May 2007, 04:42
http://www.airservices.gov.au/employment/atc/atcrecruitment.asp
Lots of info there buster, i've known a few blokes that have done AsA testing and QF and apparently QF is easier..3rd hand but not easy by all accounts!

suunto22
18th May 2007, 11:35
You forgot 'Flight Plan Route' as well.

Perth Twr was advertised in February for several positions. Since put on hold subject to current restructure.

Also wasn't Melbourne and Sydney advertised in the week before christmas?

Anyway it is easier just to place people to fill gaps. Saves the hassel of advertising, only not to be released!

Buster Hyman
18th May 2007, 12:42
Cheers Puff.:ok:

I've been having a look & there is a wealth of info indeed!

A generous Prooner on the inside...I'll call him Cancer man...;)...has been PM-ing me with some great info as well.

Very decent of you chaps! You're not at all like that Jerricho fella!:}