PDA

View Full Version : AC JAZZ for Americans

downwindabeam
16th May 2007, 03:33
Hello,

Interested to know what would it take an american pilot to work for AC JAZZ in Canada? (not holding any Canadian papers, both immigration and aviation papers)

Thx!

-downwindabeam

bzh
16th May 2007, 12:00
Canadian papers, both immigration and aviation papers.

you already had the answer.....

downwindabeam
17th May 2007, 01:57
Maybe I should refine my question...

What would it take to get those precious papers? Especially the right to work in CA?

Also, how about competitiveness at Jazz... how hard is the competition? Are they in need for captains at all (short that is...)?

How is life at Jazz for pilots on the CRJ fleet?

How long does it take to usually flow into Air Canada...?

Thx!

-downwindabeam

coolcaptain
17th May 2007, 02:16
I don't work for Jazz or AC, but as far as I know:

- they don't take direct captains, and there is a lot for senior f/o's in line.
- there is no guaranteed flow-through to AC from Jazz, best to apply direct to AC
- as for life on the CRJ, most of my friends sitting in those seat seem happy enough.

altiplano
19th May 2007, 17:39
Converting your licenses is very easy. Recent reciprocal agreements between the FAA and TC have streamlined this process for ATPL holders.

Getting the right to live and work in Canada is difficult to impossible as an American pilot - much as getting the right to live and work in the US is difficult to impossible as a Canadian pilot.

Not to mention then you'll have to get the job in a market which is very different then what I understand RJ operations in the US to be...

No chance at this time of DEC - seniority rules. Also ACJ and AC are seperate companies under ACE so there is not a guarantee of moving over - it is a whole new application process with everyone else off the street. Some even feel you have less of a chance than one off the street.