PDA

View Full Version : A Thanks to Manchester Radar

MrHorgy
14th May 2007, 21:36
To the guys working at Manchester tonight:

A big thanks from G-GFSA, I took a bimble to Gloucester this evening from Barton and on the way back wanted to fly over Ringway - something I didn't think was possible anymore. Not only was it arranged and many photos taken, but the Radar controller dug out a telephone number and advised on the best way to ask if I wanted to do it again. Also props to the Tower controller, who must have had a heart attack with me buzzing around T2 at 1000"!

It would have been so easy to be fobbed off with "not now i'm busy" - shining examples of controllers like these deserve to be rewarded with moderately expensive plonk and a pat on the back.

Perhaps someone could pass on my thanks, if they don't frequent these forums. Cheers :ok:

Horgy

763 jock
14th May 2007, 22:00
Many years ago I was offered a low fly past on 08R at LGW in a TB10. It was the middle of winter at about 8PM and we flew down the runway at about 10 feet, flat out. No doubt we would all be sent to jail now!:ok:

MrHorgy
14th May 2007, 22:02
I didn't think of doing that, I'm off to London next week so i'll ask - it'll be a Sunday morning so hopefully won't be busy.

If you don't ask you don't get! :E

Horgy

763 jock
14th May 2007, 22:06
It was probably illegal 18 or 19 years ago when I did it. Almost certainly now! Besides, you'd need an arrival slot:ugh:

iae2500
15th May 2007, 00:40
Can we see the pics ,,,,PLEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeesase;)