PDA

View Full Version : Massif Nomex Clothing

Chukkablade
13th May 2007, 15:21
Just a quick ask to see if any other Ppruners have ever used this gear, either the standard mountain range or the Nomex kit in particular.

It looks like the best way to get fireproof/safety gear on without looking like some sort of Walt. All opinons on this kit very welcome. The jackets/underwear range in particular look subtle enough and seem to promise a lot if I ever have that bad day.

Oh, and before anyone asks, yes, I know most folk fly without safety gear, but with my fuel tank being located behind my head, that option just isn't for me.

Cheers in advance

BroomstickPilot
14th May 2007, 07:42
Hi Chukkablade,

I looked at Massif and one or two others and eventually bought my Nomex II flying kit from Jays Racewear of Nelson Lancs.

They have the advantage of being based in the UK, so there are no importing complications. Their prices are reasonable, and they will even make clothing to your own specification, although that costs.

Broomstick.

Chukkablade
14th May 2007, 10:43
Thanks Broomstick, I remember the Jays kit from back when I used to be heavily into throwing my car around a track of a weekend. If there flight suit is of the same standard as their racewear series from back in the day, then it'll definately be good kit.

Trouble is though, the reason at looking at Massif was to get away from the whole flight suit thing, and any of its less than pleasant connotations. Hence why, with the Massif jackets and trousers able to be joined when needed, you have full protection for peace of mind and yet a normal Jacket/Trollys combo when not in the machine, hanging around the canteen eating the bacon sarnie etc.

Or sod it, I could just get a suit made and ignore any unpleasant comments:}

If I cared what people thought, I wouldn't fly a Robbie anyways:E

Defiantely going to get something sorted. 30 gallons of petrol an inch behind my head is really starting to focus the mind, shall we say!