PDA

View Full Version : Pontoise near Paris

Madrigal
12th May 2007, 19:54
I hope to be flying to Pontoise for the first time next week. Does anyone have any recent experience of the airport? Any special procedures or requirements? I plan on routing via ROU VOR, are LFOP accommodating w.r.t. VFR transits?

Thank you in advance.

Fuji Abound
12th May 2007, 21:42
Hope you are going some where other than Paris.

proctor
13th May 2007, 08:07
I plan on routing via ROU VOR, are LFOP accommodating w.r.t. VFR transits?

They've always been very obliging with me. I don't think they're particularly busy most of the time, so a VFR transit shouldn't be a problem.

Enjoy your trip,

Proctor

Ni Thomas
13th May 2007, 09:10
You should have no problem with Rouen (LFOP), I have never found it more than quiet.
Rouen & Pontoise Class D airspace so Mode C necessary.
I seem to remember they cleared me in Pontoise airspace at 2000' alt.
Have you any idea where you'll be parking? Have a pre-gander at the airport diagram and plan your taxying directions! There did seem to be a number of places where one could stay - I counted up to 5 parking places.
It was busy when I was there last - plenty of flying school work and a bit of waiting at holds in order to get across active runways (lots of back tracking required)
ATC very friendly and helpful.
Finally, and annoyingly, the landing fees etc were posted to me later (there was a form to fill in and leave in a box) as there was no one there to collect them !!Aaargh! I HATE that :mad: