PDA

View Full Version : J-Air Fuelhawk Fuel Gauge

LD Max
11th May 2007, 09:58
Okay... I give up. Searched the internet and cannot find a website for "J-Air" of Holland. There are, of course, loads of dealers selling their fuel gauges, but nowhere can I find the answer to the ultimate question...

This being a "Dutch" Company, does anyone know if these things are calibrated in US Gallons or IMP Gallons?

While I'm about it... their "universal" fuel gauge includes a calibration chart for types not supplied pre-calibrated. It involves re-fueling the aircraft in 5 gallon stages - which, (regrettably), exceeds the attention span of our bowser driver.

To save re-inventing the wheel, has anyone already calibrated a chart for a PA28-161 (48 USG usable)? A scan would be very much appreciated.

Regards

LD Max

bluebox
6th Jun 2007, 10:25
Er... I think you'll find that's Holland, USA ;) And they are calibrated un USG.
You can calibrate the universal version in whichever unit you prefer. But it isn't much fun, the realities of it are that you should drain all fuel to the unusable level and then add it back in increments :eek: If you didn't start with a full load then you'll have to go and fetch some more. Try finding a friendly pump person with plenty of time :hmm:

Bigwings
6th Jun 2007, 11:09
Contact details for J-Air Inc can be found here (http://www.homebuilt.org/vendors/p&e/j-air.html)

Bigwings :ok: