PDA

View Full Version : Canadian Regs

spey2tay
10th May 2007, 02:15
Hello All,
I have been looking for the Canadian Ragulation that states, much better than I that you can exceed 250 kts below 10,000 ft if you are assigned an altitude above 10,000 in your climb clearance.
Thanks

Kickingpost
10th May 2007, 02:32
Here you go...for more info goto

http://www.tc.gc.ca/CivilAviation/Regserv/Affairs/cars/PART6/602.htm#602_32

Airspeed Limitations
602.32 (1) Subject to subsection (2), no person shall operate an aircraft below 10,000 feet ASL at an indicated airspeed of more than 250 knots.
(2) No person shall operate an aircraft below 3,000 feet AGL within 10 nautical miles of a controlled airport at an indicated airspeed of more than 200 knots unless authorized to do so in an air traffic control clearance.
(3) Notwithstanding subsections (1) and (2), a person may operate an aircraft at an indicated airspeed greater than the airspeeds referred to in subsections (1) and (2) where the aircraft is being operated on departure or in accordance with a special flight operations certificate - special aviation event issued pursuant to section 603.02 (http://www.tc.gc.ca/CivilAviation/Regserv/Affairs/cars/PART6/603.htm#603_02).
(4) Where the minimum safe speed for the flight configuration of an aircraft is greater than the speed referred to in subsection (1) or (2), the aircraft shall be operated at the minimum safe speed.

HAve a good one.

The Post.

spey2tay
10th May 2007, 05:21
OK, so they removed all reference to altitude and made no speed limit for departures.
Thank You.
I was looking for that for quite some time. I probably look at this reg and skimmed over it because I was looking for an altitude.

Pilot DAR
12th May 2007, 01:04
Yes,

The regs have a little give on this, but the birds don't read the regs, and I think that it is the potential for their presence below 10,000' which forms the basis of this reg.

Refer to FAR 25.631 and 775 on aircraft design. I don't know where bird's service ceilings are limited, and I've heard stories about them being higher than 10000', but I guess not too often. Someone thought this out, and decided that "guidance" was appropriate.

Cheers, Pilot DAR

Kickingpost
13th May 2007, 05:12
The first one was the new CARS, heres the old one......and yes these are canadian regs....old ones

Short Title

1. This Order may be cited as the Aircraft Speed Limit Order.

Applicability

2. This Order applies to aircraft operating in controlled airspace in Canada.

Prohibition

3. Subject to section 5, no person shall operate an aircraft at an indicated airspeed of more than 200 knots below 3,000 feet above ground level within 10 nautical miles of a controlled airport unless otherwise authorized in an air traffic control clearance.

4. Subject to sections 3, 5 and 6, no person shall operate an aircraft in a climb, descent or level flight below 10,000 feet above mean sea level at an indicated airspeed of more than 250 knots.
Exemptions

5. Where the minimum safe speed for a particular aircraft is greater than the maximum speed prescribed for that aircraft by section 3 or 4, that aircraft shall be operated at the minimum safe speed.

6. A person may operate an aircraft at an indicated airspeed of more than 250 knots
(a) while climbing from 3,000 feet above ground level to an altitude or flight level exceeding 10,000 feet above mean sea level; or (b) in level flight between 3,000 feet above ground level and 10,000 feet above mean sea level when the climb to an altitude or flight level exceeding 10,000 feet above mean sea level is interrupted by a requirement for level flight from an air traffic control unit for purposes of aircraft separation.

Hope it helps......

The Post