PDA

View Full Version : Aerobatics competition at Elvington this Friday and Sat

Zulu Alpha
9th May 2007, 19:39
There will be an aerobatics competition at Elvington this Friday and Sat. Anyone who wants to come and watch or even help will be most welcome.

If you are flying in the area please keep clear of the overhead (it is NOTAMed).

Hope to see you there

Zulu Alpha
9th May 2007, 22:04
A couple of people have asked how they might help.
We always need help at the judging line. Don't worry, its very easy, all you would need to do would be to write down the scores as the judge calls them out. This can be interesting as the judges point out all the mistakes. You'll need to be there for the whole morning or afternoon session.
I'll be there competing...G-LAZA or you can ask for Steve Green or Eric Marsh.
More details at:
http://www.aerobatics.org.uk/sites07/regnatalony07.htm
The safety briefing is for the pilots and is at 8.00 but flying will probably not start until 9.00 or maybe a bit later. So you don't need to be there until just before 9.00.
It will of course depend on weather.

markflyer6580
10th May 2007, 19:24
what time will this go on till on fri? may pop over on myway home from work for a watch:ok:

Cusco
11th May 2007, 10:21
Good luck, ZA:

Don't forget to take your brolly...........

Safe flying

Cusco.:D

DX Wombat
13th May 2007, 16:12
I went and thoroughly enjoyed myself in spite of the weather. I was made very welcome by everyone - a very friendly group of people. :ok: It was a great way to spend a Saturday. :)
I was really annoyed with myself for forgetting to pick up my camera on my way out and even more so when I heard that the BBMF was doing a flyby for a celebration taking part at the Museum. They flew low right over our heads TWICE! :{ :{ Absolutely wonderful to see, the Lancaster looks great. :ok: Fortunately one very kind judge has offered to email me some of the photos he took. :D :D :D

stiknruda
13th May 2007, 17:22
DX - one of the BBMF pilots did very well a couple of seasons ago in the BAeA competition series, so pops by whenever he can!!

DX Wombat
13th May 2007, 18:44
That could explain why they flew so low over us. If any of you are reading this, I was the short, fat one with the silly grin on my face who was not holding a camera. You made a good day even better. :D :ok: