PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know if CAT II certificate is not required to be issued for F/O?

Vincent Jung
9th May 2007, 01:27
:rolleyes:

Hi, I am airline First Officer working in Asia.
Accroding to FAR 61, crew need to comlete CAT II/III qualification training.
Has anyone heard that any airline which does not issue CAT II Certificate to First Officer? Of course I believe no one will darely stop issuing CAT II Certificate to CAPt.. If you know any information, please let me know.
I couldn't find any regulation saying CAT II certificate is not required for F/O.
Thanks.

411A
9th May 2007, 02:38
In every airline where I have worked, all FD crew members REQUIRE CATII/III current certificates, as appropriate.
No certificate, no CATII/III ops allowed.

parabellum
10th May 2007, 00:49
Same as 411A and you have to keep it current in the simulator with practice Cat 2/3 landings, go-arounds and take-offs if the take off equipments is fitted.

Piltdown Man
13th May 2007, 11:19
None of us here have CAT II/III tickets. Low Vis. Ops are part of every check but no paper is issued.
PM

Vincent Jung
23rd May 2007, 03:33
Few years ago, FAA inspector in America asked flight deck crew the CAT II/III certificate, unfortunetely, the certificates were not issed at that time. Since then my company started to issue CAT II/III Certi. to Captain and First Officer.

411A
23rd May 2007, 11:59
Indeed so, Vincent.
All should realise that scheduled airlines (and many charter airlines as well) require 14CFR129 operating authority prior to begining normal flight operations to the USA.
These airlines must demonstrate a certain level of organisation, safety and regulatory compliance, that is many times not easily attained.