PDA

View Full Version : Airside Security - Liquids Ban

Chilli Monster
8th May 2007, 18:32
For all UK ATCO's (and anyone else affected) fed up because they can't take a drink into work, thereby either paying a fortune airside or being made to dehydrate:

http://petitions.pm.gov.uk/airside/

Lock n' Load
8th May 2007, 19:24
Hey, a benefit to working overseas!!! I regularly take a six-pack (Coca-cola, people....) through airside security! When flying through Europe (usually Germany) and staying airside as a transfer passenger, I can usually keep my lighter and any drinks all the way from the Middle East to Canada. :ok:

timelapse
8th May 2007, 22:39
It might just be me, but if I was writing a petition to the government, I'd make pretty sure it didn't have any spelling/grammar mistakes in it.. that has about.. 15?

I signed it anyway - worthy cause..

Standard Noise
8th May 2007, 22:46
Signed, if only cos it p!sses me off that these rules exist.
However, since one drives a Discovery, one has an almost infinite number of little places in which to hide items, including liquids.
Rumour has it that someone got 12 cans of Uncle Arthur's Nigerian lager through security here. I, naturally, couldn't possibly comment.;)

Cuddles
8th May 2007, 23:49
I'm a forgetful soul at times.

I'll forget about the restrictions on liquids, and merrrily set off for work with bottles of juice and tins of soup in the passenger footwell.

On my way to work I seem to accelerate in such a fashion that all these items sort of roll under the passenger seat.

When I get to security I forget that I'd put the things there in the first place, and consequently don't mention them.

On arriving in the car park at work, I seem to brake in such a fashion that everything rolls back into the footwell.

Signed anyway.

Chilli Monster
9th May 2007, 08:16
Yes, it would be nice to be able to drive up to work and use all these tricks. However, when you have to remote park, walk through security, have your bags x-ray'd and be subject to constant "pat-down" searches it gets a little difficult :mad:

Gonzo
9th May 2007, 08:32
I've not been subject to a pat down yet. Maybe I should sue for discrimination!:}

Ceannairceach
9th May 2007, 09:49
We don't have airside access now as we were deemed as non-essential staff. Our block is landside - but man are we going to miss the shops in the terminal when they all go airside, leaving us with nowhere to spend our lovely luncheon vouchers.

Anyway, in support of my chums and colleagues, consider it signed :ok:

choclit runway
9th May 2007, 11:34
Ho Ho Ho one of my favorite subjects!

Here at Dxb you tend to be at the whim of the security personel. Generally depends on whether they can be arsed to stand up and leave there newspaper alone but my steel thermos goes through the xray machine without a blink of the eye but then I have to remove my shoes and belt to get through the scanner, maybe I should lie down and go for the xray with my bag!

Then once we are through security to get airside we are subjected to the same farce to get in, and out, of the terminal! Starbucks runs have never been so much fun!!!

Good luck in the UK, will sign the petition for yas all!

Ciao, CR.

2 sheds
9th May 2007, 17:20
"if I was writing a petition to the government, I'd make pretty sure it didn't have any spelling/grammar mistakes in it"
If I were writing...! - subjunctive.

timelapse
9th May 2007, 18:32
ha! mea maxima culpa!