PDA

View Full Version : Emirates Desperate for Pilots?

LeadingEdge
7th May 2007, 12:00
I got a "no" last year after having attended their interview in DXB. Funnily they sent me an email a few days ago, asking me to attend another interview there - they even pay for the tickets.

cheers

LE

LeadingEdge
7th May 2007, 12:44
Hey!
That is exactly what I had on my mind...but, nevertheless, I have no intentions to join them anymore...things have changed since last year, and I got the "go-ahead" for a new job which is starting soon...
But the invitation for the interview sounds like a tempting way to spend three days in DXB and relax, perhaps fly the 777 sim and have fun.

CI100
7th May 2007, 12:52
i deleted my reply as it was not fair. but your attitude of taking an interview place of someone that really wants that job not far from it.

gj18457
7th May 2007, 14:55
Thats probably why he got knocked back in the first place.

dessertdude
7th May 2007, 15:18
whats the big deal. You can reapply with BA as well after a year or so, standard practice with many airliners:confused:

Dessert Aviator
7th May 2007, 16:37
EK coming to BAH on 9th May 2007 at the Movenpick Hotel from 1030, I received an email requesting the pleasure of my company...

LeadingEdge
7th May 2007, 17:34
Thats probably why he got knocked back in the first place.

Speculation or fact?

LeadingEdge
7th May 2007, 17:39
whats the big deal. You can reapply with BA as well after a year or so, standard practice with many airliners

Funny thing is that I didnīt reapply.

MumbaiRadio
7th May 2007, 23:34
LE,
go back to aldebaran and stay there

globedriver
13th May 2007, 09:13
I applied to EK last year and was accepted , however could not make my start date and turned them down.
Under re-applications on there careers pg only talks about people who were unsuccessful for re-applications.

Have e-mailed the hr manager twice but no response , not sure if that means get lost or just too busy.

Would one be wasting their time trying to re-apply if you have turned them down?

Any advice thx.

Ghostflyer
13th May 2007, 10:49
Depends how you did it. If you curled one down on Tim Clark's doormat, I suspect it would be a no go. If you didn't burn your bridges and gave a full explanation and can now say how your circumstances have changed, it would be worth a go. But..you have to regain trust so tread carefully.

cerbus
13th May 2007, 13:45
Do you really think Emirates is for you? With everything you have read and heard do you think that Emirates is going to treat you any better than the current pilots? Think long and hard about making the jump.

puff m'call
13th May 2007, 19:39
Errrrrrrr........................ Desperate is the word, very desperate. :eek:

How times have changed, having gone from a company so arrogant who wouldn't pay for your ticket to come here, to a company that travels to you! It's a sign of the times.:ugh:

After all they have to fined a lot of drivers for the "PIG80" and all the other 777's on order. So how do they do it? lower the entry requirements and standards := Hey presto! "pilots" well sort of. :(

cerbus
13th May 2007, 19:53
BINGO!
The arrogrant arsho#$ at Emirates would never admit they have lowered the standards now would they? Got to put pilots in the seats or else planes are parked. Emirates will take the chance on an accident just so planes are not parked. Besides what are the chances of an accident with the superior "training" that Emirates carries out?

tbaylx
13th May 2007, 22:04
They still want 2000 hours on jets over 55000kg's. They have a way yet to lower the standards even more before you start running into the levels of experience that will cause accidents. Even if the guy has only 2000 hours total time, with proper background the guy will make a fine F/O. Lets not get melodramatic for the sake of trolling.

It is nice to see them offering to pay the flight over for an interview now, one of the reasons i didn't apply to Emirates was i wasn't about to pay for a flight from Canada to the ME and back just to do an interview for a job i may or may not get. If they had paid for flights back then, i likely would have been interested in applying. It's a step in the right direction anyway, and likely due to the number of pilots Emirates requires.

MinimaNoContact
14th May 2007, 01:40
Im a couple hundred jet hours away from the 2000hr mark and they are still happy to inform me that my application wont be processed until I meet their minimums... So, desperate for pilots? Not at the moment.

4HolerPoler
14th May 2007, 04:28
I'll beg to differ young man.

You confuse their politeness with their observance of set minima which have been drastically reduced from previous values, which were previously substantially more than "the 2000hr mark." They're not going to consider you to fly one of their shiny widebodies with " a couple hundred jet hours away from the 2000hr mark," but yes, I do believe their desperation is tangible and you will hear from them as soon as you reach that mark.

This, in itself, is a major shift in their previous standards, together with the new policy of paying for potential employees to travel to Dubai together with their recent policy of hitting the road to come and see you.

The only thing that's not clear is how long it's going to take them to realize the plug's been taken out the bath and for them to substantially improve the lot of their current employees, which would significantly improve their ability to be able to maintain the required crew strengths.

This level of politeness is born in their desperation to satisfy their demand. I would hope that this would soon lead to an increased respect of their current crews through tangible improvements in their conditions and terms of service.

Wishful thinking? I really don't think so. They're desperate.

4HP

cerbus
14th May 2007, 04:38
4HP

What a post! You are spot on mate! You don't even work here do you and you have the beat of Emirates.
Things have gone from bad to worse and I don't know what Emirates can do to fix it besides a major overhaul and it has to be major. Change of attitude in how they deal with the pilots would be a start but only a start. Pay and conditons would have to quickly follow. This might stop the flow of pilots out of the sand but I doubt it. Pilots here have had it.
Does anyone have the figures on how many net pilots have joined through the end of April? Net pilots. Through March it was only 7 pilots and I know 9 pilots who have put their resignation papers in already to leave by June.
Emirates still does not get it do they.

fatbus
14th May 2007, 05:12
All I can say is bring it on. I think you are right about the net gain or maybe even net loss. It took at least a year longer than planned to get over 1600 pilots and it is getting worst by the day. 500 this year, ya right where from?

nolimitholdem
14th May 2007, 09:18
IF....by some miracle they were able to CONvince more pilots to join than are currently leaving....who will train them?

There are absolutely minimal TRI's and TRE's to cover the planned training, let alone contingency, let alone growth. The slap in the face the trainers received called a "raise" has eroded what goodwill might have been garnered. Trainers resigning. Stories of guys scheduled for recurrent past the date of their currency...it's behind the power curve and spiraling in.

The recruitment numbers IMO are irrelevant. Getting bodies in the door doesn't mean squat when you can't train them.

kdranch8
15th May 2007, 13:37
I am 60 and was wondering what the age limit for Emerites was. Haven't been able to email HR as I don't have their address. Could you give it to me? Thanks

ruserious
15th May 2007, 13:48
I am 60 and was wondering what the age limit for Emerites was.
Official retirement age has not changed int eh GCAA CARS, until that happens, you have no hope of getting a job here, over 60. Only the regulator will have any idea when that is likely to happen, feel free to email HR, but they have no chance of knowing.

P.S. If you do email them, I suggest you spell the name of the airline correctly :}

Ghostflyer
16th May 2007, 11:23
http://www.emiratesgroupcareers.com/ExploreOurCareers/FlightDeckCrew/Retirement.asp#0

Its 65! Not sure about latest age to join its been removed from website.

airbus2boeing
16th May 2007, 17:02
I recieved an interview invitation last year and declined it because I didn't have $1800 to spend on airfare from my home to Dubai. I understand that they now fly you to attend the interview, how can I let them know that I'm ready to attend the selection process now? I updated my application long time ago and they're not responding. Can somebody out there provide me with an email address of the right person?

Thanks mates.
A2B :ok:

propjet72
16th May 2007, 18:08
Hi airbus2boeing

I Know Emirates is on a road show in Atlanta and miami, May 20th and 21st.
If you are in the US, I think it would be good for you to attend.
I dont know the number or E mail of the Hiring dpt in Dubai.
while waiting.
I am sure somebody on the prune will be able to help you.
Best of luck
Propjet:)

airbus2boeing
16th May 2007, 20:39
Thanks propjet, I'm in the US but I don't have moolah to go to ATL or MIA and I don't have jumpseat privileges because I work for foreign carrier.