PDA

View Full Version : Queen of the North

Rollingthunder
6th May 2007, 01:12
Sank last year after ramming into Gill Island.

Two people died, the rest saved.

Two of the crew on the bridge at the time have refused to co-operate with investigators.

They have now been fired. GOOD

Union is as stupid as can be in their responses.

pigboat
6th May 2007, 02:05
A year sure goes by fast, dunnit? :ooh:

There was some question about the ..ahem.. activities being conducted on the bridge right about the time of the accident, weren't there?

Left Coaster
6th May 2007, 02:10
My family has used every form of ferry travel that has ever existed to get from Horseshoe Bay to The Sunshine Coast (and the Island) including BC ferries for over 75 years...and BC ferries has slipped slowly beneath the surface...again! They run over anyone that gets in the way...buy useless craft at government insistance, then sell them cheap. They take our money happily and STILL get subsidies under the guise of required service. (Northern Coast communities, I apologise...you guys need the service) About the only good thing on board might be the clam chowder! The Union is only doing what they have always done, protecting the useless and lazy! The good officers of BC ferries have talent and dedication, but often move on to "blue water" operations with major cruise companies, the rest hop around the lower coast in relatively unchallenged protection...just my opinion.
Lefty

Azure
6th May 2007, 04:47
Kinda funny, my husband talked to a WJ pilot a while back, her husband is leaving a major cruise liner for BC Ferries so they can start a family. I only hope they have blue skies and calm seas ahead. :ok:

Left Coaster
6th May 2007, 08:30
:p I guess if I was to say..."whatever floats their boat"... it wouldn't be very funny would it? :O

rotornut
6th May 2007, 11:24
Two of the crew on the bridge at the time have refused to co-operate with investigators.

I wonder if they're afraid of criminal charges - dangerous operation or criminal negligence...?

Rollingthunder
6th May 2007, 12:28
Seems a good bet, and the cowardly way out. :mad: